Columbus IPA - Columbus Brewing Company

Columbus IPAColumbus IPA

Columbus Brewing Company visit their website
Ohio, United States

50 IBU's and hopped with Simcoe

(Beer added by: Osiris9588 on 10-14-2006)

Brewed in my hometown Columbus, Ohio but not being bias when I say this is my favorite IPA.

Those who give this a low rating shouldn't be rating beer at all.

Pours: gold/orange with a nice thick head that diminishes and good carbonation

Aroma: sweet fruit & hoppy smell

Taste: citrus, bursting taste of different types of Hops

Mouthfeel: medium, sweet, excellent carbonation as you can see if you pour into a glass

Drinkability: the aftertaste leaves you wanting more. I am smuggling some home to Cali

Serving type: 12oz bottle

I had this as a follow up brew after drinking an Avery Maharaja and I was just waiting to be dissapointed...WELL HELLO !!!! this bad boy had all the right things happening, what a pleasant suprise! Looked absolutely amazing in the provided
"Columbus Brewing" pint glass.
Smelled actually more assertive than the Maharaja,lots of fruitiness.
Tasted like an IPA should with an agressive hops blast and lots of complex fruitiness happening throughout.
Mouthfeel and drinkability were absolutely top shelf, wish this was available in my town but for right now looks like I'll have to make the 100 mile + trip to get this one, definetly worth it though!!!!

You've seen my score. What else can I possibly say about Columbus IPA? If you read my profile you'll discover that CIPA is my favorite.

Pours a burnt orange color with ample 1-inch head that laces right down the glass to the bottom.

I just love the hop combinations used to achieve the wonderful grapefruit and otherwise citrusy aroma which balances in nicely with the flavor.

The taste, as it should be, is a full extension of the smell. Undeniably delicious and refreshing.

I've seen various ABV listings for this brand ranging from 5% to 6.5%. Either way, it makes an excellent session beer, and a perfect refresher on hot days or even when you're just plain thirsty.

I have tasted every IPA I have come across. Some are better than others. And though most draft versions are better than their bottled counterparts, I still cannot find one better than Columbus IPA.

Before you say I'm biased, please understand that although I do live in Columbus and find it to be an enjoyable place to make my home, I have absolutely no allegiance to the capitol city. In fact, let's just say that my career would be better served by me living in Nashville.

A great beer to pair with almost any food

STRONGLY recommended!

11-14-2014 - Tried this on draft for the first time in a long time and it was the best IPA I've ever had. Very unique compared to what I am used to in a CIPA. Bursting with flavors of melons, tropical fruit, and citrus. Subdued bitterness compared to the bottle form. So smooth and drinkable. Wish I could've taken the keg...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A - A murky golden orange color without a lot of bubbles, but a beautiful two finger foamy white head. Definitely unfiltered. This one leaves a lacing like no other beer I've seen.

S - Strong notes of citrus hops dominate this one, very fruity with a faint faint touch of pine. A sweet maltiness is also apparent.

T - Wow, this tastes like grapefruit, only 20 times better. Fruity, citrusy, sweet, and slightly bitter. The sweet malts come through on the back end of this one. Not much alcohol apparent. A finely balanced beer and one of the most delicious I've tasted.

M - It feels a little more carbonated than I suspected, but as smooth as I've ever tasted. Goes down easy and not as big as some IPAs. This is very nice.

D - I feel sorry for the IPA lovers that haven't had a chance to try this one. This is a beer you can ride on all night and never get tired of it. An easy drink and extremely refreshing at that.

Columbus IPA from Columbus Brewing Company