Join our email list →

Conshohocken IPA (India Pale Ale) - Conshohocken Brewing Company

Conshohocken IPA (India Pale Ale)Conshohocken IPA (India Pale Ale)

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Conshohocken Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States | website

American IPA | 6.40% ABV

Beer added by: victory4me on 04-04-2014

Reviews by JohnParadee:

3.97/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Solid brew. Got in a 16oz can. Drank smooth. Malt forward enough that it was a touch sweet. But not enough that it took away from the hoppiness. Would buy again

3.2/5  rDev -19.8%

3.62/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.28/5  rDev -17.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

4.06/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

11/7...draft. Pours Amber copper, a dull matte color. Foamy. Earthy malt nose. Fruity malt taste, earthy and woodsy. Sweet toffee and breads. Dry finish. Excellent.

3.56/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.21/5  rDev -19.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.71/5  rDev -7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -12.3%

3.71/5  rDev -7%

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.58/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1.28/5  rDev -67.9%

3.12/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.5/5  rDev -12.3%

4.19/5  rDev +5%

My thanks to the Conshohocken brewers & owners for providing me with CANs for inclusion in The CANQuest (tm)! I hope to run through a bunch of them today. This should be a good time. Here is another one that got held up due to the lack of an approved pic & which subseCANtly fellout of the rotation. I am almost caught up now, though.

From the CAN: "Go Where the Path Takes You"; "Conshohocken IPA features bold Cascade and Bravo hop-derived flavors and aromas of citrus fruits with a subtle earthy spice characteristic. Combined with a firm malt foundation and dry finish, our IPA makes for a smooth and refreshing drinking experience."

I think that this is my first beer of CY 2016, since I was drinking during the Bowl games, but I gave up shortly after Midnight and did not open any more subsequently. Cheers!

The Crack! revealed another brimful craft CAN, but I have learned my lesson with these guys - Glug gently, lest ye be met with a fountain. This served me well since a) nothing untoward occurred, b) I got a finger of foamy, tawny head with moderate retention and c) the clarity was undisturbed. Color was Amber to Deep Amber/Light Copper (SRM = > 9, < 13) with the aforementioned NE-quality clarity. Nose was redolent with grapefruit-citrus and my mouth began to water. I am a self-avowed hophead, but to eradicate the Bottle Backlog, I have been subjected to every style under the sun except IPAs! Gah! I needs me some hops! Mouthfeel was medium, but the tight CO2 bubbles gave it a prickly feeling on the tongue, along with a slight oiliness. Mmm. The taste was initially quite citrusy, but then I began to get a cool mintiness to go with it. Not really pine, per se, but where was this earthiness that the CAN mentioned? Finish was dry, and I got a woody, oaky flavor at the end, which was a pleasant surprise. I am sure that this was not barrel-aged, but it had a white oak kind of bite. Nicely done!

3.75/5  rDev -6%

2.67/5  rDev -33.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Well..Just so~so...sorry

4.1/5  rDev +2.8%

Conshohocken IPA (India Pale Ale) from Conshohocken Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.