Follow our progress ...

Added by Miami66 on 03-29-2014

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 8
Reviews by Bear1964:
3.92/5  rDev -1.5%

Poured from a 12oz can into a Pint glass, pitch black with no light getting through and a minimal tan head sitting on top. The aroma that hits the nose is vanilla with sweet chocolate behind that ending with some roasted malts, a little coffee peeks out with some deep inhales. Tastes of creamy coffee and bitter dark chocolate mixed with a sugar sweetness backed by a solid roasted malt backbone. A creamy mouthfeel makes this Porter smooth and easy to drink, it hangs around on the tongue a bit just till the next sip. Overall I'm very happy with my first taste of this brand and I'm looking forward to trying the other styles...also I would pick this up again without a doubt.

4.5/5  rDev +13.1%

4.04/5  rDev +1.5%

From the 12 ounce can into a can-shaped glass.

A- Dark and viscous right out of the can. Big dark khaki-colored head dissipates leaving sticky lace scattered everywhere.

S- Chocolate and dark roast coffee are most portent. There's some sweetness in there, something wood-like, and even hints of sweet lactose.

T- Milk chocolate is heavy on the palate and finishes cocoa-like. This flavor is huge and dominant and I'm not complaining. I also start getting some coffee notes at the finish.

M- The beer is lacking in carbonation and I'd say it's a bit thin in the body, but it drinks smoothly and silkily. It's actually quite pleasant to drink.

O- Almost a spectacular beer aside from what I felt it lacked as far as mouthfeel. I'd drink a lot more of this if I had access. A big sleeper from Nebraska right here.

4.08/5  rDev +2.5%

3.32/5  rDev -16.6%

Fried Tuck Robust Porter from Modern Monks Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.