Dublin Size Irish Style Ale - Modern Monks Brewery

Dublin Size Irish Style AleDublin Size Irish Style Ale

Modern Monks Brewery visit their website
Nebraska, United States

Irish Red Ale |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Miami66 on 03-29-2014)
Reviews by Miami66:
3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

Miami66, Apr 12, 2014

Ryan_Murphy, Aug 24, 2014

Appearance: Poured from a 12 oz can into a pint glass. It pours a slightly hazy dark red/amber. The head was foamy and pilowy - really big actually. (It should be noted that I biked to the beer store and back, and cracked this baby as soon as I got home. So I contributed on that end). Nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: Sweet and malty. Bready along with some more sugary sweetness in the mix. No noticeable hop character.

Taste: Taste follows the nose for the most part, albeit in a more complex way. Sweet and malty up front, with a slightly fruity note. There's a touch of hop bitterness as it slides back for a very slightly crisp finish.

Mouthfeel: Smooth - medium bodied. Not quite as . . . crackly as I want it to be (??? I don't know where I'm going with this.....)

Overall: This is not my favorite style, but admittedly, I've only tried a few over the years. This beer is solid and makes me want to reach out for other Irish Reds. So, good beer. AND from just a few miles away from me. AND in a can. Super awesome.

lawlerj, Sep 07, 2014

MinorThreat, Apr 11, 2014

JMBSH, Jul 23, 2014
3.96/5  rDev +1.3%

Poured from a 12oz can into a Pint glass, cloudy rich reddish brown with a thick tan head speckled with brown flecks. The aroma is sweet vanilla Carmel with hearty malt at the end of the inhale, the taste is rich and malty with a lot of flavor to be had. The lace hangs on the glass between slips and I can't get over how tasty this is, this would be awesome on tap and I would enjoy a few of these in a brew pub! The mouthfeel is medium and really satisfies with a hearty coating on the tongue between sips, let's you know you're drinking something good. Even though this is local to me I'm trying this brands offerings 1 by 1 and I've enjoyed everything so far, that being said this is a solid Irish Red Ale...I've had a few and this is damn good! Overall I really like this beer and look forward to trying more from this brand

Bear1964, Jun 04, 2014
Dublin Size Irish Style Ale from Modern Monks Brewery
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.