Dublin Size Irish Style Ale - Modern Monks Brewery

Dublin Size Irish Style AleDublin Size Irish Style Ale

Modern Monks Brewery visit their website
Nebraska, United States

Irish Red Ale |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Miami66 on 03-29-2014)
Reviews by Miami66:
3.5/5  rDev -10%

Appearance: Poured from a 12 oz can into a pint glass. It pours a slightly hazy dark red/amber. The head was foamy and pilowy - really big actually. (It should be noted that I biked to the beer store and back, and cracked this baby as soon as I got home. So I contributed on that end). Nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: Sweet and malty. Bready along with some more sugary sweetness in the mix. No noticeable hop character.

Taste: Taste follows the nose for the most part, albeit in a more complex way. Sweet and malty up front, with a slightly fruity note. There's a touch of hop bitterness as it slides back for a very slightly crisp finish.

Mouthfeel: Smooth - medium bodied. Not quite as . . . crackly as I want it to be (??? I don't know where I'm going with this.....)

Overall: This is not my favorite style, but admittedly, I've only tried a few over the years. This beer is solid and makes me want to reach out for other Irish Reds. So, good beer. AND from just a few miles away from me. AND in a can. Super awesome.

3.96/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 12oz can into a Pint glass, cloudy rich reddish brown with a thick tan head speckled with brown flecks. The aroma is sweet vanilla Carmel with hearty malt at the end of the inhale, the taste is rich and malty with a lot of flavor to be had. The lace hangs on the glass between slips and I can't get over how tasty this is, this would be awesome on tap and I would enjoy a few of these in a brew pub! The mouthfeel is medium and really satisfies with a hearty coating on the tongue between sips, let's you know you're drinking something good. Even though this is local to me I'm trying this brands offerings 1 by 1 and I've enjoyed everything so far, that being said this is a solid Irish Red Ale...I've had a few and this is damn good! Overall I really like this beer and look forward to trying more from this brand

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

Sampled last night on 10/8/14. Comes in a 12 ounce can. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a tulip glass.

Pours a deep reddish-brown in color with a good 3-finger foamy beige head that finally settles down to about a good 2-3mm layer. A good amount of lacing is seen that sticks the length of the glass. The aroma is of roasted malts and some caramel malts as well. More going on with the taste as there is some sweetness with a hint of fruit as well. Finishes with a slight hop bitterness but didn't last long. Medium bodied with perfect carbonation for this style of brew.

3.88/5  rDev -0.3%

Purchased: ??
Consumed: Nov. 11, 2014
Misc.: N/A

Thanks Chad!

Poured a caramel, dark reddish brown color with five fingers of khaki-tan head. Sporadic, foamy lacing along the sides of the glass. Great retention on the top all the way down. (Sight - 3.88)

Smelled caramel, hazelnut, toffee, roasty malts, maple walnut, boozy light rye, toasty nuts and light floral hops. Very nice on the nose. (Smell - 4.13)

Taste wasn’t quite as good as the nose, but good. Toffee, smooth caramel, hazelnut late, toasty creamy malts and roastiness. (Taste - 3.75)

Medium body. Oily texture. Average-to-lively carbonation. Abrupt, smooth finish. (Feel - 4.00)

I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. Would definitely have it again. (Overall - 3.88)

3.88 | 87 | B+

Dublin Size Irish Style Ale from Modern Monks Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.