Superpower IPA - Comrade Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Comrade Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Beer added by: Todd on 04-23-2014

West coast style IPA with loads of pacific northwest hops. Huge pine and grapefruit hop aroma, with flavors of citrus, balanced bitterness with a light malt character.
Reviews by Todd:
4.5/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

SuperPower IPA delivers an absolute beat down on the palate. And I love it. Tons of dank citrus, grapefruit, pine, resin, herbal, floral, and sticky oiliness with a juicy center and clean, bready, malty backbone. Full-bodied, not overly sweet, and ends dry.

Borders a Double IPA. But whatever. SuperPower IPA is one of the best American IPAs from Colorado, and arguably one of the best in the country. And drinking another beer after it is pointless, so you might as well have another.

This is my favorite beer. I absolutely think they created the perfect recipe. I could drink it any time of day with anything and in any amount and it will remain perfect. I think they should bottle it and ship it to every corner of the globe. If someone tried this and didn't like it I would personally hate them. Here we go.
Had three pints of this at Comrade then took a Growler home even though I was extremely broke. I walked to this place because my apartment is right next door and I drank half of it straight from the growler happily along the way. When I got home I poured it into a classic British pub glass.
A:Perfect. As gold and shimmering as the hair of my first girlfriend. I'm not even going to describe it further because that should satisfy you.
S: Glorious bursting juicy tropical fruit, papaya, melons, granny smith apple, God's vagina is the best way to put it. And I have always found that offensive.
T:This beer might be aggressively hopped but the flavor is gentle and almost sexual. The malt flavor is as unique and expressive as the hop character. The hops taste exactly like the smell; juicy and bursting with tear-jerkingly beautiful tropical hues that are so sexually balanced that it is almost unbelievable. Its absolutely astounding that a beer can be this clean and drinkable. Fill my growler please and I'll be purring.
F:This beer feels like the cervix of a woman in your mouth. A smoothness that only God Himself in his infinite wisdom could create.
Overall: My God this is the greatest and most drinkable beer on the planet. It dominates and shames so many of my favorite IPAs in a way that is not insulting to them or their master brewers, but merely is superior in every way possible. Thank you Comrade. Thank you.
Its worth noting that beer has the same pH as a healthy vagina for all those who don't appreciate the above references and comparisons.

4.36/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.16/5  rDev -2.8%

4.23/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Served out of a growler last night, poured fresh just shortly before drinking. This beer smells incredible and is very juicy, full of grapefruit and pine notes. I love super hoppy and flavorful beers, and while this could benefit from being slightly hoppier/pinier, this is one of my top two favorites that Comrade offers. I've been very impressed with everything that I've had so far at Comrade, and they are super friendly there as well. Could definitely see myself drinking lots of this beer. Recommend.

4.3/5  rDev +0.5%

4.2/5  rDev -1.9%

3.75/5  rDev -12.4%

4.09/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Full notes taken to my phone at Falling Rock Taproom, Denver, CO during consumption.

A- Pours with a pretty much clear golden body to a pint glass from the tap. A cap forms to half a finger or so but it looks like the glass is slick. One big sheet of lace with a few small spots and drizzle.

S- Dank hops are quite strong and the overall focus of the brew with plenty of other hop notes like citrus, stone fruit, pine and floral. Small amount of malts with pale caramel and cereal coming to mind. Mostly hops.

T- Citrus opens up quite a lot but the dank hops really reign supreme. Grapefruit, tangerine, orange, pine resin, flowers, apricot and dank nugs. Freshly cracked cereal grains and some sweetness. Light bread and yeast esters.

MF- Medium bodied overall thickness with a creamy and silky texture but not chewy. Carbonation fairly high and it supports the delicate hop flavors and cushions the higher ABV. Finishes with medium bitterness.

Drinkable and dank fruity IPA with plenty of pine and citrus as well. Always love the good completely random finds.

Superpower IPA from Comrade Brewing Company