Follow our progress ...

4.18/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.02/5  rDev +3.1%

3.54/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.15/5  rDev +6.4%

3.5/5  rDev -10.3%

3.93/5  rDev +0.8%

3.6/5  rDev -7.7%

4.41/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Love Jailbreak, this beer was no exception.

4.11/5  rDev +5.4%

Great Hefenweizen. I got a slight bubble gum flavor with bananas. Light and refreshing.

3.5/5  rDev -10.3%

4.23/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

On-tap at their tasting room in Laurel, MD. Nice taste, the orange really comes through with a nice head. Smell was a bit subdued compared to the taste, but is a good predictor of the flavor. Mouthfeel felt a little too light to me, but otherwise great beer. Definitely try this one.

4.43/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.4/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

4.31/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I recently visited my aunt & uncle in DC and came home with some nice CANs in furtherance of The CANQuest (tm). She once took my brother & I to the National Zoo, but feeding any animal anything was verboten! For the edification of squares, the phrase, "Feed the Monkey" is commonly used among opiate-based drug abusers, like heroin addicts (especially), to refer to getting a fix to get the monkey off of their back. A former colleague & I referred to one another as "Monkey" because our supervisors treated us like trained monkeys, there to do their bidding at every whim, seemingly just for their entertainment. Accompanying music by The Dickies - "You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla) & Theme from The Banana Splits Show" & BowWowWow - "See Jungle (Jungle Boy) & Go Wild In the Country" + G&R - "Welcome to the Jungle".

From the CAN: "Wheat Ale brewed with Bananas and Orange Zest with Orange Juice Added".

Man, I'm really starting to jones! I CAN't wait another seCANd to CANduct a Crack! & Glug! I decided to go apes**t and invert the CAN. I was met with a stunning two fingers of puffy, bone-white head that looked like somebody sprayed marshmallow Fluf atop my beer. Even better was the Gorilla Glue-sticky lacing that acCANpanied its departure. Hey, how did get naked in my kitchen, CANcing around like a madCAN?!? I just want to play with my Monkey! The beer's color was a cloudy Pale-Straw (SRM = 1 - 2) & I laid down in the straw that seems to have been strewn on my kitchen floor while I was swinging from the rafters. Oooh, now somebody's banging on the window! Who called the cops? This is a private monkey party! Mouthfeel was as soft and silky as a perfectly-ripe banana. A CANana! Put a beer inside an aluminum cylinder inside a banana peel! How apeeling! Equally apeeling was the taste of this beer. I usually hate Hefeweizens that are banana-forward in terms of their esters and I figured this to be another of those. Wrong! Sure, banana was big, but clove was right up there & with the added orange juice & zest, I was groovin'! Man, this was everything and more! I haven't been this happy with a Hefeweizen since ... well, never. I'm going apes**t over this, but the pigs busted the door down & now they're putting me in an I-Love-Me Jacket. Back to the Rubber Room I go, but not before the finish. Finish was dry, amazing for a Hefeweizen! It had a definite clove spiciness, but when coupled with the orange flavors, the bananas took a back seat. I'm bananas for this one! And in a CAN ...

3.97/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.62/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -16.7%

4.15/5  rDev +6.4%

Had this literally straight from the tank at Jailbreak. Hazy pale yellow, aroma is banana and slight orange. Light citrus taste with hints of banana, by no means overpowering. Great hefeweizen!

4.08/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

First Hefeweizen, but generally not a fan of wheat beer. Overall was pleasantly surprised.

Appearance: Hazy yellow, like most wheat beers.
Aroma: My unsophisticated nose might be betraying me here. Clear aroma typical of wheat beers, with quite a bit of citrus. Nothing very pronounced.
Flavour: Mild, orange, and what I describe as the wheat flavour lingering on the tongue. The wheat flavour is mild, though, which makes this quite pleasant (despite my aversion to wheat beers).
Mouthfeel: Fairly small body.
Overall: Very surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I think the important thing for me is to have a low-key wheat flavour (obviously this is my personal preference, but c'est la vie). Enjoyed it very much.

Feed The Monkey from Jailbreak Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.