Golden Monkey - Victory Brewing Company

good

Victory Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Tripel |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: purplehops on 09-17-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Golden Monkey Alström Bros

dertyd, Feb 04, 2013

nathanjohnson, Dec 29, 2011

anwo56, Nov 27, 2011

amnesia85, Apr 03, 2012

... JEESSUUUSS!!! This beer is heinous. No, offense guys... I loved your IPA. I put your IPA right up against my other favs: Magic Hat, Bells 2 hearted, Sweetwater420... ahhhh, miller lite. But this brass monkey is GAWD AWEFUL!!! This beer fails a new un-official standard... The drunk and stoned with no other beer standard.. This shit went down the drain... couldn't do it, I've been drinking and watching world cup soccer all day. This was the beer that made me say: 'Alright, time to cut it off...' Thanks for killing my buzz ass monkey!!!! If I were in prison and it was this or the hooch out of my cellie's butt hole... I would blumpkin him for the hooch.

[Sip]... Yep, I stand by this review/

rah1734bones, Apr 01, 2012

fatstan, Feb 18, 2012

Ernest78, Jan 02, 2014
1.2/5  rDev -67.5%

appearance: cloudy with a golden straw color

aroma: Beer has a very uninviting spiced aroma with no noticeable hops. Prior to drinking, I was hoping the aroma wasn't too much of an indicator of flavor. I was wrong.

taste: An overwhelmingly spiced flavor that had hints of banana. Completely horrible taste that was too much to handle

drinkability: Completely undrinkable.

Overall: Horrible. One of the worst beers I have ever consumed. I had to pour the remaining third of the beer down the drain and rinse my repeatedly with the closest beer I could find. I will never buy this one again.

ohiohophead, Nov 15, 2008

ThatguyJoefromBoston, Mar 14, 2013

joebedford, Jun 22, 2013

Crystal4shizZle, Jul 16, 2014

fbloise77, Sep 14, 2013
1.4/5  rDev -62.1%

I do enjoy Tripels and other Belgium style beers, but this one was hard to swallow. The appearance was fine, but that is as far as it goes. I had a hard time identifying any of the ingredients, but I did taste fruit and something sour. It had a very strong aftertaste. The aftertaste stays with you even after you drink other beers to cover it up. I would not recommend this Tripel. I would rather drink Schlitz or Olde English. Sorry Victory Brewing, Golden Monkey is not my cup of tea...er...beer.

klmcmachen, Jul 17, 2012
1.4/5  rDev -62.1%

This was deffinetly not my style. After seeing other reviews I thought this would be a great beer. I was wrong this missed the mark for me on many levels. I thought the smell was not good and the taste was an assult on my taste buds. Again I am only giving my opinion and yes they are like A- holes we all have one and the usually stink. I think I would not like to have another one of these beers again. My friend thinks this beer is great. His taste buds must be off : ) If you are a fan of Trippels you may like this. I haven't gotten to that level yet. However I do like Quads.

Buggabeer, Oct 16, 2010
1.43/5  rDev -61.2%

Pours out a hazy golden orange with a thin head that leaves quickly. No lace to speak of. Smells really grainy with a wealth of yeast and booze. Actually, the more I sniff this, the more I realize that this smells like vomit. This is gross. This is really overly sweet with a too strong alcohol presence. This is grainy as all hell. I'd rather some malt liquor. Mouthfeel is sticky and gritty, but not too heavy, thankfully. I would drain pour this, but I just spent all my IRS refund check. Word.

goochpunch, Apr 14, 2006