Golden Monkey - Victory Brewing Company

good

Victory Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Tripel |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: purplehops on 09-17-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Golden Monkey Alström Bros

tmars13, Aug 21, 2012

rah1734bones, Apr 01, 2012

fatstan, Feb 18, 2012

Ernest78, Jan 02, 2014

Mulligan26, Saturday at 02:52 AM
1.2/5  rDev -67.5%

appearance: cloudy with a golden straw color

aroma: Beer has a very uninviting spiced aroma with no noticeable hops. Prior to drinking, I was hoping the aroma wasn't too much of an indicator of flavor. I was wrong.

taste: An overwhelmingly spiced flavor that had hints of banana. Completely horrible taste that was too much to handle

drinkability: Completely undrinkable.

Overall: Horrible. One of the worst beers I have ever consumed. I had to pour the remaining third of the beer down the drain and rinse my repeatedly with the closest beer I could find. I will never buy this one again.

ohiohophead, Nov 15, 2008

ThatguyJoefromBoston, Mar 14, 2013

joebedford, Jun 22, 2013

Crystal4shizZle, Jul 16, 2014

fbloise77, Sep 14, 2013
1.4/5  rDev -62.1%

I do enjoy Tripels and other Belgium style beers, but this one was hard to swallow. The appearance was fine, but that is as far as it goes. I had a hard time identifying any of the ingredients, but I did taste fruit and something sour. It had a very strong aftertaste. The aftertaste stays with you even after you drink other beers to cover it up. I would not recommend this Tripel. I would rather drink Schlitz or Olde English. Sorry Victory Brewing, Golden Monkey is not my cup of tea...er...beer.

klmcmachen, Jul 17, 2012
1.4/5  rDev -62.1%

This was deffinetly not my style. After seeing other reviews I thought this would be a great beer. I was wrong this missed the mark for me on many levels. I thought the smell was not good and the taste was an assult on my taste buds. Again I am only giving my opinion and yes they are like A- holes we all have one and the usually stink. I think I would not like to have another one of these beers again. My friend thinks this beer is great. His taste buds must be off : ) If you are a fan of Trippels you may like this. I haven't gotten to that level yet. However I do like Quads.

Buggabeer, Oct 16, 2010
1.43/5  rDev -61.2%

Pours out a hazy golden orange with a thin head that leaves quickly. No lace to speak of. Smells really grainy with a wealth of yeast and booze. Actually, the more I sniff this, the more I realize that this smells like vomit. This is gross. This is really overly sweet with a too strong alcohol presence. This is grainy as all hell. I'd rather some malt liquor. Mouthfeel is sticky and gritty, but not too heavy, thankfully. I would drain pour this, but I just spent all my IRS refund check. Word.

goochpunch, Apr 14, 2006

Rekrule, Dec 15, 2011

Tim, Apr 25, 2013

tatums1984, Jan 13, 2012
1.58/5  rDev -57.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.25

Hands down the most disgusting beer I've ever tasted. Pours a neon lemon-lime gatorade yellow. Smells like bubble gum. Overwhelmingly strong. Tastes like bubble gum, pine needles, and wood. Way too strongly hopped - not sure if fits the style, but this beer is just gross. Unpalatable even. Read the other reviews to see if it's something you'd like. Mine is biased in the numbers, but I couldn't even finish this one.

Hendy011, Feb 02, 2013
1.6/5  rDev -56.6%

not one I will have again, as much as it pains me to say this, I would rather have an over produced American Lager, light Lager or pilsner than the Golden Monkey

It pours well, and is a golden style with some hints of orange

The smell is of wheat, and no obvious hops

The taste is not a pleasant one, I had a couple of more sips just to make sure it was as bad as I had remembered. IT WAS, I am an admitted IPA, and stout fan, this wheat beer is simply not good. I will not buy this beer ever again, but I will be back to Victory for plenty of the Prima Pills, and Hop Devil!

ncbeermonger, Oct 25, 2008