Sunrise Weiss - Victory Brewing Company

Hefeweizen |  5.70% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: rebel1771 on 07-16-2002

2.74/5  rDev -30.5%

Got a glass of this at the Victory Fall Fest.

A: Pours a slightly hazy, yellow body with a white head with nice retention and decent lacing.

S: Kind of a sour, macro smell with some maltiness to it and not much more.

T: A decent malty taste with some banana esters evident. A slightly bitter aftertaste that was not too impressive. I was expecting a bit sweeter taste.

M: Fairly thin and pretty watery. Nothing too impressive.

D: Ok mouthfeel and taste combination, but nothing overly impressive. I definitely expected a little bit better from here. (554 characters)

2.74/5  rDev -30.5%

a - dingy yellow like a good hefe weizen should be. I don't know if I got a bad batch, but the head rocketed out of the glass. I had 1/4 beer and 3/4 head in my glass and I had pour from the bottle several times to finish it.

s - the most predominate smell I got was apricot, but my smeller is not to keen.

t - a really balance of banana and wheat. It wasn't great, but it wasn't offensive.

m - okay, perhaps a bit too carbonated for my taste.

d - this beer is drinkable. I've got another in the fridge and will probably be consumed in the next week. (562 characters)

Sunrise Weiss from Victory Brewing Company