Sunrise Weiss - Victory Brewing Company

Hefeweizen |  5.70% ABV

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: rebel1771 on 07-16-2002

4.27/5  rDev +8.9%

Living within an arms reach of this brewery I frequent a meal or two every so often as a cheat for my diet. During the spring and summer months when Sunrise is on tap it's a given that I will have at least one!!

I'm not big on wheat beers, but to me Sunrise is easily my most favorite to readily drink.

It has a hazy, almost ripe orangey-yellow to it that you can't see through due to it being an unfiltered beer. The head somewhat laces around the edges of the glass which is not always typical of a wheat style.

The smell is fantastic and refreshing. It has a slight citrus smell but nothing overbearing or out of the ordinary.

The taste of this beer is beautifully assembled by the yeast and malts fermenting rather than the added ingredients for flavor. You get that same typical clove, citrus and off banana taste to it; yet none of those are involved in the brewing process.

Mouthfeel is not overly carbonated nor under carbonated, it's just right. Being unfiltered some beers can leave some sediment in your mouth from time to time... This is not one of them unless you're drinking it from a bottle.

If you ever have the chance to give this a shot, it's a sure-fire thumbs up!!

4.68/5  rDev +19.4%

Was at victory brewery for the first time and I love blue moon so I saw my uncle drinking a drink that looked orange like and tryed one..although not the same as blue moon it has a very good taste and is pretty fruity..which I like...overall was a awesome beer and if anyone lives near downingtown..def. go to victory..it is awesome atmosphere with good food!

Sunrise Weiss from Victory Brewing Company