Hop Ranch - Victory Brewing Company

Hop RanchHop Ranch

Victory Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Fully juicy in its citrus character with the pleasantly sharp, biting edges of tart fruit and bitterness, Hop Ranch Imperial India Pale Ale traces its roots to Victory’s Ranch series, a unique and comprehensive study of hops in which Brewmasters experimented with different hop varieties to showcase a range of flavor profiles and celebrate the nuances and distinctions in the resulting series’ recipes.

Mosaic hops and Hop #483 (Azacca)

(Beer added by: dwagner003 on 10-30-2013)

1.5/5  rDev -64.5%

1.5/5  rDev -64.5%

2.7/5  rDev -36%

Picked up a 4 pack@ Specs.
A- Hazy gold with 1 finger off white head that faded fairly soon but left nice lacing.

S- Faint citrus overpowered by an onion scent. What causes this offensive dankness is beyond me.

T_Follows the nose. Big dose of hop goodness,quickly followed by oniony funk.

M-Decent carbonation and medium mouthfeel.

O-I was geeked when I purchased this beer, but it was just not that enjoyable. I've never had an IPA that had such a funky oniony taste and there are too many other great IPA's out there to ever seek this one out again. I typically like Victory, but this was a dud.for me.

2.73/5  rDev -35.3%

12 oz bottle. Pours hazy golden orange with a medium creamy white head that retains well and leaves some lacing.

The aroma is spicy floral oniony hops.

The flavor is a little sweet malt and a bunch of spicy floral oniony hops. The mouthfeel is medium to fill bodied with smooth carbonation.

Overall, not my kind of hop profile.

2.73/5  rDev -35.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.25

Not a good beer,taste like golden monkey with hops. Not a good combo

2.75/5  rDev -34.8%

2.75/5  rDev -34.8%

2.83/5  rDev -32.9%

The aroma was quite off-putting for me. Dank & catty. But I know some hops smell this way (Simcoe?) Still, made it hard for me to enjoy completely. The color is somewhat light for an imperial, and the flavor is at least better than the aroma. I personally liked Victory's DirtWolf much better. Bought a 4 pack of this, will have to pawn it off to my buddies or just grin & bear it. Wouldn't care to get this again. It's just not what I like.

2.85/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75

Way overrated! this " Limited Brew " has a strange, weird taste that had me puzzled as to why it was even brewed. I tend to think the more a beer is limited....the more hype it generates. The beer poured a golden color with a decent head. The aroma was strange, I cant put my finger on it but it was weird. The taste was nothing that I expected, kind of a hoppy potpourri concoction that grandpa Munster created in the basement. I like Victory as a brewery as they produce some awesome beers but this Hindenburg of a beer just goes up in flames.

Bottom Line: What was that!!!!

2.88/5  rDev -31.8%

This beer has a lot of foam. It is golden, much lighter than I would expect from an Imperial IPA.

It tastes like grapefruit juice. Straight grapefruit juice. I like grapefruit juice, but it's not what I want from an Imperial IPA. A weak showing from the usually stellar Victory Brewing Company. I will not be purchasing it again.

2.91/5  rDev -31%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Very little aroma. Mostly just bitter.

Hop Ranch from Victory Brewing Company