DirtWolf - Victory Brewing Company

DirtWolfDirtWolf

Victory Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Brewed using whole flower Chinook, Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops.

(Beer added by: aengleman on 09-27-2013)

HeyYoMar, Dec 13, 2013

3.25/5  rDev -24.1%

jrallen34, Dec 13, 2013

dcisco44, Dec 12, 2013
3.99/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Appearance- Pours a nice gold color with a 2 finger foamy white head that lingers for a while and leaves moderate lacing. Very nice clarity.

Smell- I get some bitter grapefruit, a bit of lemon and pine in the background. Also get a bit of a catty smell in there.

Taste- Nicely balanced. Some bitterness on the initial sip that turns sweet upon swallowing. Again some grapefruit and lemon zest, a bit of caramel sweetness.

Mouthfeel- Good body and carbonation for the style. Leaves a nice slick mouthfeel, not overly drying.

Overall- Pretty nice DIPA, would like a bit more hoppiness in the flavor but still good and very nicely balanced.

IPAdams, Dec 12, 2013
4.35/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I had never heard of this beer until yesterday when I spotted it at my favorite local beer store. Love the style so I decided to give it a try.

Appearance is impressive as the beer is reasonably clear and is a bit darker than your average IPA. The smell is wonderfully hoppy but the taste of this beer is what puts it over the top. It has all the great hop taste you would expect from a first class DIPA. What stands out for me is that it has the body to match the hop. I feel too many IPAs / DIPAs are a bit thin - this one is not. The beer has excellent balance.

I put this beer in the same class as Sculpin, Sucks, and Hopslam. Try it. You will not be disappointed.

ClemsonMike, Dec 12, 2013

BrewtalHonesty, Dec 12, 2013

BeezNeezy22D, Dec 12, 2013

VeganUndead, Dec 12, 2013

thewimperoo, Dec 12, 2013
4.2/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

My tongue has a never-ending thirst for Humulus Lupulus (hops). But not any hop will do! I want some citrus, some fruitiness, and some bitterness all rolled into one. This beer has the perfect balance my tongue has been searching for.
I first had this beer a couple of months ago and had never heard of it before. With no real expectations, it blew me away! Since then, I have left no stone unturned trying to find more. At $8.50 a 4 pack, this stuff goes quick. I was pleasantly surprised to walk into Total Wine and find a huge display of this tasty nectar awaiting me. While pinching myself to make sure I was not dreaming, I bought a case of this "wolf among sheep".

The appearance is good enough to make me thirsty, but nothing extraordinary.

The smell is a little deceiving, because to me, there isn't much of a smell. But the taste more than makes up for it. The taste is where this one shines. It has all the hop flavors that I like, but finishes nice and smooth... way smoother than a 9% beer should be!

This is one of my new favorite Double IPA's, and I shall enjoy getting dirty with the wolf and howling at the moon!

tastybeerinmybelly, Dec 12, 2013