Triple Du Mont Saint-Aubert - Brasserie De Brunehaut

Triple Du Mont Saint-AubertTriple Du Mont Saint-Aubert

Brasserie De Brunehaut visit their website

Tripel |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: adamette on 07-21-2010)
View: Beers (22) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by ABOWMan:
ABOWMan

3.05/5  rDev +8.5%

Misty
Lu agree with tasting notes of Ohio guy but do not feel this beer deserves such a low rating. Nice flavor but a little too timid. Appearance, mild flavor but lacks citrus punch. Over very drinkable but lacks interest. I think that the word minimum is stupid especially if you're typing this review on an itch. Guess I should have used shorter words. What the f!!k' screw this stupid rating system. Bottom line is of you can get this beer for about 7 bucks it's worth a try. Still a great beer for 5 bucks.

05-02-2011 21:02:49 | More by ABOWMan
elNopalero

2.98/5  rDev +6%

This was a summer purchase that I somehow how overlooked until Christmas eve. Kept it refrigerated and wrapped up in paper, so I probably assumed it was something I wanted to cellar for a while. On closer inspection it would appear to have a bottled date from August, 2008. So consider this my first review of a 4-year old Belgian beer (minus a point of comparison).

It pours a hazy honey color with a bit of yeasty, fruity esters and some mustiness on the aroma. The beer itself has a light fruitiness (summer melons, more so than citrus) along with a honey sweetness to its taste with some effervescence. There’s some tartness to it. It’s ok but not terribly exciting or complex. I wouldn’t consider it a good candidate to age based on how it tastes now.

12-27-2011 22:50:44 | More by elNopalero
sitarist

2.8/5  rDev -0.4%

Another odd-ball received in the Tickers BIF thanks to BVbeer1.

11.2 oz. bottle with Oct, 08 notched out on the label..

Pours a hazy, honey golden color. There is a fingers worth of white head that falls rater quickly to a top coat that leaves a few small patches of lacing.

I smell a funky blend of butterscotch, moldy hay, and overripe fruits.

It taste like fungi, dried magic mushrooms come to mind. There are hints of almond, and cider, but mainly funky fungi.

Light body with lots of carbonation. The mouthfeel lacks for a triple. It feels kind of slimy on my tongue.

Its not horrible, but with so many other choices out there, I wont be coming back to this one anytime soon.

F.T. Maybe this triple just didn't stand up to time. I will be seeking out a fresher bottle to compare.

01-14-2011 03:45:53 | More by sitarist
adamette

2.42/5  rDev -13.9%

Live Review. Poured from the corked and caged 1 pint, 9.4 oz. bottle that I bought at Reider's Market in Painesville, Ohio last week for the nice deal of $9.89, buy one get one free. Here's hoping that it is worth the reduced price. It would be really nice if I find that it is worth the retail price! Poured into my Brewery Ommegang gold rimmed Westvleteren style goblet. 8% ABV. I did not find it here on BA but I did find a Biere Du Mont Saint-Aubert, apparently a Belgian Pale Ale. My bottle states "Belgian Triple Ale" on the right side of the label. Curiously, on the left side of the black label with gold trim, the following are "nicked:" October 08. Could that be the bottling month?

A Translucent light caramel body under a one inch head that did not last very long at all, about 2 minutes and it leaves little head. The first pour does not look like it has the desired Belgian yeast floating about that I look for and appreciated in an authentic Belgian Tripel. Really, the look is underwhelming. 2.5

S Light citrusy sweetness and Belgian yeast smell but neither are very strong. I do not smell a great amount of alcohol which is a plus. Tripels are my favorite style so of course I am still intrigued but the smell is really about average. 3.0

T Taste is a direct extension of the smell. Average tastes of some light sweetness but not enough of it to capture my imagination, some Belgian yeast but again not very much of it and a flat kind of barley taste (not the light syrupy sweetness that I enjoy but more on the organic side of the barley). I am not impressed with the taste of this Tripel. 2.0

M Some effervescence from the carbonation but none of the light syrupy stickiness and fullness that I enjoy in my favorite tripels. Again here, not impressed with the feel. 2.0

D Fair due to the underwhelming taste, feel and moderately high ABV. 3.0

Notes: One of my lowest rated tripels, my favorite style.

07-21-2010 21:39:34 | More by adamette
Triple Du Mont Saint-Aubert from Brasserie De Brunehaut
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.