Follow our progress ...

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 11
Reviews by beesy:

4.03/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Received this beer TODAY as an extra from Dudeabide, thanks Nate!

Great color! Frothy head that quickly subsides. Smells great! Chocolate and bourbon notes with a hint of vanilla.

Taste is very nice! I would imagine the style is a porter at about 8.5%-9%. I'll verify, nope, doesn't say on the bottle. Boozy coconut taste, but not overly done. It's actually pretty nice. A little lighter in body than I usually like, but it's a solid beer. There is a slight alcohol burn that accompanies the beer.

Nice beer and appreciated!

3.94/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

4.15/5  rDev +3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Here we have the latest Quaff Bros creation, a bourbon barrel aged imperial coconut porter made by Listermann. This beer is a very dark brown with brown highlights and a khaki head that almost immediately recedes to a ring around the glass where it lingers. The aroma is mainly of vanilla with hints of oak and coconut with a little chocolate thrown in for good measure. Described by the Party Source as liquid German Chocolate Cake and I can't disagree there. The flavor exhibits more of the coconut flavor which according to the brewer comes from coconut flakes, coconut oil, and toasted coconuts to showcase more of the fruit's flavor than other similar beers on the market. I'd say they succeeded there. Coconut rum is the dominant flavor on top of a thin tasting porter base. The mouthfeel is a tad thinner than expected with low-medium carbonation that works well. Overall a very interesting beer and definitely the best coconut porter I've had (out of only about 4). I'd like to see a more robust porter backbone and maybe a little more barrel character, but I'm really digging the coconut going on here. This is a very good beer; I'm glad I picked up multiple bottles.

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

Quaff Bros Big Kahuna from Listermann Brewing Supply & Mfg
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.