Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter - B.O.B.'s Brewery

Beer added by: GRPunk on 05-20-2011

Ratings: 19 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by BEERschlitz:
3.97/5  rDev -4.8%

On-tap poured into a pint glass.

A- Thin, tan head atop a brown-black body. Pretty good stick left on the glass.

S- Straight up, real peanut butter aroma mixed nicely with chocolate. Just as the name would suggest.

T- Actual peanutbutter flavor at first. Nothing fake or manufactured here. Mixes well with the chocolate flavor and a hit of vanilla. Nothing cloying.

M- It's a little on the gritty side, but pleasntly so.

O/D- It's a little bit of a niche beer, but very drinkable. I'm a huge fan of peanut butter. Even so, I thought this might be a "one-and-done." It wasn't. I could easily drink 2-3 without becoming overwhelmed.

4.31/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

After missing this at a number of beer fests, it became my unicorn. I finally got it at WBF 2013.

A- Dark brown, slight creamy head.
S- Like heaven- heavy on the peanut butter, with chocolate underneath
T- Tastes like creamy, smooth peanut butter with some chocolate and maybe a bit of hazelnut? The taste is very clear peanut butter, but the other flavors balance it enough that it wasn't overwhelming.
M-Pretty full. I got a mental image of drinking actual peanut butter beforehand, and was afraid of it being thick and gross, but it was very smooth and drinkable.

O- I am so glad I finally got this. Absolutely amazing! I am hoping to get my hands on larger quantities of it to get a better picture of its drinkability, but for now I'm content.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter from B.O.B.'s Brewery