Samuel Adams Octoberfest - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

good

good

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.30% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-10-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Octoberfest Alström Bros

Sam Adams Octoberfest.

I'll probably catch a lot of crap from the beer snobs but I expect it to be overridden by mass adulation from the people in my area (boston) for how high I rate this, and granted my views are skewed by a nostalgic feel this beer gives me, but I think this is a tremendous Americanized interpretation of the classic German Marzen for which it’s styled after. I don’t have a lot of other beers of this style to compare it to so maybe it’s the absolute bottom feeder of it’s class, but we’ll overlook my naivety and just focus on the beer itself.

One of Sam Adams more popular seasonal brews Octoberfest pours a dark ruby red that softly fades into a medium bodied copper. Poured at a finger and a half head into an Octoberfest styled dimpled beer mug (thanks Michele) my nostalgic side takes over as the summer humidity is immediately sucked from the room and the crisp apple picking morning fall air is ushered in in a zephyr of fall winds with the falling autumn leaves dropping at my feet, Glorious!

Beer has a chewy citrus to toffee flavor that finishes thick and sticks to the pallet and throat. Tastes like a 1 pm Sunday afternoon football kickoff…. Or a caramelized sugar coated and pan fried pear chased with heavy malts.
Smell is similar and quite appeakling

To me this beer *IS* fall. Popping open a can or bottle of this closes the door on BBQs and beach parties. Days at the pool and drenching humidity and ushers in football, leaf raking, frosted morning windshields and hoodie weather.

Cheers!

MikeyBadnews, Sep 09, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

A- Dark ruby red as Sam Adams says on their site. Had a frothy, 1 finger head that died. Head was rocky and pillowy. Egg shell colored head.

S- Big malts. Toffee like sweetness, toasted notes. Brown bread crust.

T- Light hop presence. Toffee like sweetness. Toasty. Has graininess as well. Lightly fruity.

M- Medium on the body. It is crisp clean and refreshing. Not quite as dry as American lagers.

Overall you can tell that your drinking an American interpretation of the classic fest beer from Germany. It's got standard Octoberfest flavors, but with a bit more hop presence and a fruity taste. Not bad at all, but not one I need to rush out to get this fall.

ThomasMetal75, Sep 05, 2014

TheBigParade, Yesterday at 10:56 PM
3.8/5  rDev +3.5%

OnlyRedDog, Yesterday at 10:55 PM
4.25/5  rDev +15.8%

This beer is damn delicious... let's get to it-

This beer has a beautifully dark amber color. I was a bit surprised that it didn't have much of a head.

Unfortunately I have somewhat of a stuffy nose, however I do smell a sweeter beer.

Oh man, this beer quite delicious. This tastes like a full bodied beer. Sweet to the taste with a hoppy finish. It's the beer you drink when it starts getting colder.

I'm allowing myself to wander... this beer makes me feel sexual for some reason. This beer has an ok amount of carbonation, but it would be nice if it was a tiny bit more carbonated.

Overall, I would say that if you're tired of drinking piss beer, this seasonal beer is something to think about. Eat fall-related shit when you're drinking this beer. I would suggest monkey bread (look it up). I wish they didn't make this beer with as many hops, because that leads to a sort of bitter taste. Anyway, if you're looking to make love to your woman on a very cold night, I would suggest having a liter of Samuel Adams Octoberfest in your mug.

Kelby777, Yesterday at 10:25 PM
3.76/5  rDev +2.5%

Apollo98, Yesterday at 10:12 PM
3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

You can tell it's an "Octoberfest" style beer, but wow it tastes very watery to me.

StalkerFishy, Yesterday at 08:16 PM
4.75/5  rDev +29.4%

pasjc2001, Yesterday at 04:46 PM
4.08/5  rDev +11.2%

mdchalloner, Yesterday at 01:29 PM
3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

Vestlake, Yesterday at 01:23 PM
Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)