Samuel Adams Octoberfest - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

good

good

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.30% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-10-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Octoberfest Alström Bros

Mando603, Feb 07, 2013

2.5/5  rDev -31.9%

Jenstrom, Sunday at 05:27 AM

ljbonadonna92, Nov 15, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

A very light malt aroma noted. Dark copper/orange color in appearance. Very minimual head with moderate bubbles/carbonation, very clear in appearance. Flavor is moderate with a slight bitterness, goes down smooth with no aftertatse. Will drink this every year when it comes out.

gus, Jan 29, 2006
3.8/5  rDev +3.5%

This is a much better brew than last years fest.

Typical Sam adams quality.

Nice orange to amber color. Slight hop taste.

An enjoyable quaff that would pair nice with many foods.

The beer is better as I near the half glass - not room temperature but not ice cold.

Enjoy the fall of the year.

Walsar, Sep 24, 2006
4.88/5  rDev +33%

I have always have had disappointing experiences with Sam Adams Brews, but this one is an exception. This is the best Sam Adams Brew I ever had, and is on par or better then the German Octoberfest equivalents. I have been to Germany, actually lived ther for 2 years and this beer i as good or better then any German brew. A good representation of this style

I wished they brewed this year round.

TheBishop, Oct 13, 2007
3.88/5  rDev +5.7%

On tap at the Flying Saucer in Memphis, TN....

Appearance: Pours a nice deep reddish brown with a 1 finger head. Not much retention.

Smell: Malty and sweet with some molasses.

Taste: Malty like the style should be. Caramel with a slight slight hint of hops. Excellent rendition of the style.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability: Medium mouthfeel. Carbonation is well balanced. I really enjoy this beer when it comes out every year. It's a nice change up for all of the IPAs.

FSUmac, Oct 04, 2008
2.8/5  rDev -23.7%

What happend to this beer? Im reviewing this in the fall of 08 and im very upset. This was one of my favorite beers for years. Ive had it about 5 times this year and discussed this with other fans and we agree the recipe has changed. As recent as last fall the lable had a comment something about being malty with "hints of caramel and toffee". Well I dont know what happend but those hints but they ar gone from the label and the bottle. This beer is moderatly full tasting in the mouth and very hoppy. This beer leaves a bat taste in my mouth and stomach. The previous version was 4.5's across the board. I cant even drink this anymore. I can only hope next year its better.

mterrence5, Oct 11, 2008
4.43/5  rDev +20.7%

Wow! I am surprised I like this beer now. I first tried it a year ago and was unimpressed. However, I have tried many beers in that year and can now say SA Octoberfest will be in my fridge all season. I've had this beer many times this year so I think this is accurate for me:

Poured into my Friar Tuck pint glass

A.Pours a copper-red color with a 1/2" off-white head. Very fine lacing. Head retention is about 30 seconds.

N. Smells malty with some hop aroma although I can't place the hops (my nose is not that talented yet). Smells like other Oktoberfest beers.

T. Initial taste is malty and bready and some hop bitterness is present at the finish which refreshes the palate for the next drink.

M. Moderate carbonation and medium body make this beer enoyable.

D. Overall a solid beer in my opinion. Certainly an Oktoberfest that has earned a place in my fridge. The SA website lists the ABV at 5.3% which helps make the beer very drinkable and sessionable. That being said I'm off for another!

klaybie, Sep 01, 2010

Beerman1221, May 02, 2012
Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)