Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001)
View: Beers (129) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Alström Bros
hoorayfourbeer

spikechiquet

12-22-2012 05:26:45 | More by spikechiquet
kwill

4.95/5  rDev +58.1%

Pours a dark golden color, but looks thin when held up to a light. Head pours a little small, but portions of it linger through most of the beer.

Smell is distinctively cherry, but is not too powerful or too sweet. Taste has a small hint of wheat, but it is the cherry flavor that really comes through. Mouthfeel is perfectly balanced and finishes clean.

I have been looking forward to reviewing this one as Sam Adams Cherry Wheat has been one of my favorite beers for a long time. This is the perfect beer for a hot Texas summer day sitting by the pool and waiting for the steaks to go on the grill :). I only wish I could have given the appearance a better score so that this beer could receive a perfect 5.

01-30-2003 21:06:45 | More by kwill
milkjunkie666

4.95/5  rDev +58.1%

I'm not the most educated brewmaster or anything, but i'm very surprised at the C rating for this beer, it's probably my favorite. i drink a lot of beers, and generally agree with most reviews, for the most part, but this one is waaaay off.

Look: s like a beer
Smell: Strong cherry scent, obviously, and also some beery smells
Taste: exceptional is a fitting analysis.. this beer is great, i understand a lot of people have different tastes, but this is just really smooth with the perfect amount of cherry, not too sweet, and a nice change from the norm. great flavor, great balance, i see nothing wrong with this brew

uh.. i'm drawing a blank.. look, smell, taste... what else is there?.. oh right, mouthfeel: uh, feels bubbly and full of flavors.. in my mouth

09-03-2011 22:17:38 | More by milkjunkie666
cdizinno

South Carolina

4.9/5  rDev +56.5%

Presentation: Poured into a tulip glass from a brown bottle with best by date of June '09. I need to clarify that I bought several bottles on a clearance sale for only 50 cents each!

A: Cloudy amber with a slight pinkish hue. Decent white head and heavy lacing.

S: Strong cherry aromas that overpower almost anything else.

T&M: Light bodied, medium carbonated typical wheat. Strong cherry flavor, very smooth and light wheat taste. Excellent beer for quantity without overindulgence.

If you like cherries or cherry flavor you'll love this!!! Some of the reviews I have read seem a bit harsh and I sense that maybe these folks may not particularly care for cherry flavor? I have been a fan of this stuff since it came out many years ago and have had it on tap as well. Most of the time it is great but there is some inconsistency with batches so if you get a bad six pack or draught, definitely try another single or on tap. I can say that this particular bottle, even though it is over a month out of date, is still excellent. As a plus, I believe it is now bottle conditioned for longer shelf life.

08-05-2009 21:31:54 | More by cdizinno
steanu

4.9/5  rDev +56.5%

A-Its got a beautiful color of Golden reddish brown it's very attractive.

S-It's got a rich smell of Michigan Cherries.

T- It's got a nice sweet taste, but not too sweet.

M- It is not overpoweing at all and that is a good thing. It also does not leave an aftertaste.

D-It's got drinkability alright! it's one of my favorite brew.

Its another great brew from Samuel Adams. Samuel Adams is probably my favorite beer company. The beer is great in a bottle and it's even better on tap!

05-14-2009 01:07:28 | More by steanu
dakeynr

4.88/5  rDev +55.9%

Cherry aroma hits your nose immediately, after pouring into a pint glass...nice frothy head...first taste: sweetness of cherry hits the palate first, then a nice crisp finish. I like this beer. Can't drink it all the time, but only because my taste buds get used to it, and get jaded...I really think this is my all time favorite beer. My anytime beer: summer - great thirst quencher. Fall: great to go with any Autumn dish. Winter: well, hell, whatever holiday we're in, gimme a Cherry Wheat - it's a celebration in my mouth! Spring: a celebration of the season! I love this one. And maybe that makes my review a little less relevant, but for the record: I don't have any ties to the Sam Adams brewery. But I know what I like.

11-22-2009 04:52:12 | More by dakeynr
NeoMoose

4.88/5  rDev +55.9%

Fantastic. It looks great when you pour it out. When you give it a whiff you get a burst of wonderful cherry aroma. Then when you take your first sip you get that same burst of cherry flavor that you expected as soon as you smelled it. Then you get a wonderful light, crisp beer flavor that complements the cherry flavor fantastically. I could pound these all day long.

04-19-2009 17:49:17 | More by NeoMoose
Cavanaghty

Maine

4.85/5  rDev +55%

Poured from a bottle into a Sam Adams Glass.

Appearance: Cloudy hazy amber color. Very thin white head with mild lacing.

Smell: Cherries, lots of cherries. Some wheat and hop notes.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth medium bodied. Delicious cherry and wheat flavors.

Overall: Excellent cherry wheat. Well balanced and flavorful. Always enjoy this brew.

12-24-2012 23:12:13 | More by Cavanaghty
Brad007

Vermont

4.85/5  rDev +55%

This beer pours a light pale color. Aroma is similar to cherry coke and cherries in general, which isn't bad because it does live up to it's name in aroma. The taste has a strong cherry essence with some hints of wheat in the background. Again, perhaps too sweet or too heavy on the strawberry. Still a well balanced beer that I feel is worthier than other styles attempted by SA.

05-06-2007 02:45:40 | More by Brad007
LegendaAcBn

4.85/5  rDev +55%

First of all I would like to say I'm going to be very open minded with any review that I do knowing that everyone has their dislikes and likes. I would like to start out by saying for a 5.35% alcohol content beer this is a very good choice to get with the ladys as it is smooth and lacks that overall beer taste alot of woman despise. I am reviewing this as a flavored beer cause thats what it is. If your not the flavor beer kind of person don't waste your time purchasing this. I think the smell of this beers is amazing smelling of cherrys of course. The head is really thick and just perfect. The taste is very smooth cherry taste with a faint wheat flavor with no sign of any alcohol taste around I was surprised to find out its alcohol content. Overall I think this beer is a excellent choice best flavored beer I've ever had. Samuel Adams has always been my favorite beer company and they have not failed me on this one.

11-04-2007 23:42:55 | More by LegendaAcBn
gilman

4.85/5  rDev +55%

This is a very good beer for something different now and then.
I get this in a growler when available and also in bottles. I prefer the growlers freshness.
Wheat aroma with cherry flavoring, I like the biteness in this beer.
Crisp and refreshing out of the fridge with a medium light body.
Good inch foam head but doesnt last long enough.
I get this on tap at a local eatery and they serve it up with a cherry in the glass tasty.

Serving type: growler

11-06-2009 16:45:13 | More by gilman
jmichaelp

4.83/5  rDev +54.3%

This is a very nice beer, I often drink it during the Summer as a refreshing change of pace. When compared to Pete's Strawberry Blonde, another widely available fruit-based beer, SA Cherry Wheat has a more pronounced fruit taste. However, it's not at all overpowering & compliments the wheat nicely. I also find the sweetness to be quire neutral. I really detest any sweet drinks - I've never been able to finish a six-pack of milk stout I bought & never drink fruity mixed drinks, so if you're looking for something sweet probably look elswhere.

09-05-2005 22:24:12 | More by jmichaelp
Porkchuck

4.83/5  rDev +54.3%

A - Good lookin frothy pour

S - Wheat field with a ripe cherry tree blowing in your face

T - super smooth easy on your palate a little sweet

M - wheat beer. you all understand if you are on this site

D - good for a few. have something different an then go back for a few more.

09-14-2008 18:36:56 | More by Porkchuck
squish059

4.8/5  rDev +53.4%

grabbed a six pack of this looking to try something new. always a big fan of sam adams so i figured "why not?"
this is my first wheat ale and my first fruit beer so i was weary to say the least, i'm also not a big fan of cherries but i thought they'd probably go well with beer.
very nice smell poured a nice head that mostly went away in 2 minutes but a bit stayed. obviously a taste of cherries but with a very nice beer...i would love it without the cherries. near perfect carbonation. great beer to drink, only planned on having 3 but drank the entire sixer. anytime i see this stuff i'll grab one. very delicious.

04-12-2006 19:38:31 | More by squish059

cde1218

09-13-2012 00:18:51 | More by cde1218
drwatson32

06-29-2014 02:59:36 | More by drwatson32
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)