Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Alström Bros

Has to be the worst fruit beer I've ever had. totally unbalanced. Very tart to begin with but soon over powered by the excessive hop bitterness. I do not like bitter things. It may be a fruit beer for hopheads but I'll be pouring the second bottle down the sink. I don't dislike anyone enough to give it to them.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is the saddest excuse for a beer I have had to date. As soon as I popped the top I was met with a familiar smell of my grandmothers breath after a few cherry cough drops. The smell did not get better, as it poured into the pint glass, I was met with lots of different, interesting smells; cough drops, hairspray, toothpaste, gasoline and a fresh box of crayons. Appearance is also sad. With a name like Cherry "Wheat" i expected at least a finger of head... none. Dull color and few signs of anything alive inside the glass. Taste was very similar to the sore throat sprays that we all use as a last resort at 2:45 in the morning, when asprin just doesn't work, and your throat feels like its bleeding inside. Mouthfeel is also similar; I would not call this "carbonated". Maybe like a prickly, waxy, ... numbing novocaine. Drinkability; If I had to define drinkability I would describe it as the opposite of everything to do with this beer. As my mouth is screaming to keep the rancid poison drug out of my body my open-mind tells me to give it another chance. After an epic battle between my open-minded brain and my taste buds, my taste buds come out as the victor as this poison is poured down the drain.
If you are offered a sip of this beer for free, take it. Other than that... don't bother unless you are trying to turn a bad day worse.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)