Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Alström Bros

vwbus7, Jun 26, 2014

cde1218, Sep 13, 2012

drwatson32, Jun 29, 2014

lisa_mayfield, Jul 26, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +51.8%

This beer is in a nice bottle and don't let that "Don't judge a good book by its cover" idea fool you this beer lives up to its potential. This beer gets a decent head and pours a nice deep amber but not too dark. The smell of this makes one look forward to drinking it and when it hits the toungue it has a fantastic typical lager flavor but after swallowing, the cherry aftertaste makes this a spectacular beer. SA Cherry Wheat is a simple classic beer. Nothing special enough to spend hundreds on but certainly one that I recommend. This Beer, like most Samuel Adams, are good with Beef, a Steak, a Burger, etc...Try it, you won't be disappointed

PaterIovisLII, Oct 10, 2005

teddybear60, Mar 21, 2014

amhatfield3, Dec 27, 2012

snocntry, May 30, 2012
4.75/5  rDev +51.8%

This is one of my favorite wheat beers and certainly my favorite fruit wheat. This sets the standard in my house for wheats. Everything is measured against it. Great fruit in the nose and in taste. Carbonation is perfect, good head when poured. You can't ask anything more from a fruit wheat. When I introduce new people to wheat beer this and leinenkugel sunset wheat are the two I reach for.

merddyn2002, Aug 04, 2010

Flitterwing, Mar 29, 2012
4.72/5  rDev +50.8%

first i would like to say i'm not a real big fan of sam adams beers and i have seen this beer many times and have passed it up. i was very leery to buy it but i was surprised and glad i did. poured a honey amber color with a three finger off white head with good retention and nice patchy lace to the finish. nice fruity cherry aromas with a taste of maraschino cherrys, sweet but not cloying on the palate. mouthfeel medium and smooth and carbonation is ok. drank five for the review and enjoyed every one.

billybob, Apr 06, 2007
4.72/5  rDev +50.8%

APPEARANCE
A light amber color. The amount of head retentions was ok.

TASTE
As advertised, there was a hint of cherry. Not overhelming. There is a bit of sweetness and is adequately carbonated.

MOUTHFEEL
It is coarsed.

DRINKABILITY
It is one of Sam Adams better beers.
Quickly one of my favorite fruity beer.

GeneralZod, Nov 27, 2010
4.68/5  rDev +49.5%

Appearance - Amber in color. Head was almost non existent.

Smell - Strong cherry smell but not enough to make it overwhelming.

Taste - Very sweet beer. The cherry is faint until the finish where it picks up.

Mouthfeel - Very carbonated.

Drinkability - Despite the cherry flavor it's easy to keep drinking. Great fall beer.

TheJones, Dec 04, 2010
4.68/5  rDev +49.5%

OK, time to review my old stand-by, my beloved Sam Adams Cherry wheat.

Appearance: Pours a nice amber color, good head which dissipated quickly, but with a fair amount of lacing on the glass. Very clear.

Smell: Delicious fruity cherry smell, not overpowering at all, I've always thought that this is what a "fruit" beer should smell like.

Taste: Well balanced cherry taste, not medicinal at all, nice sweetness that finishes with just the right amount of bitterness. Aftertaste is hardly perceptible.

Mouthfeel: Wonderful carbonation. Nice and full body, alcohol is well masked. Not a very dry finish, a bit drier and this would have been a five as well.

Drinkability: For me, at least, off the chart. If I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it. I drink some of the other SA products, but this is what I think of when I think of beer. Outstanding. A bit more cherry up front on the taste, a bit more head, and a bit drier, and this would have been a five across the board. I truly do love this beer.

JackTheRipper, Jan 14, 2004
4.65/5  rDev +48.6%

This beer is amazing. The flavor is very sweet which I don't usually enjoy, but in this case it seems to be done wonderfully. I had it on tap, into a pint glass and it was one of the better beers I have ever had. The appearance is like a light weizen, not red like I expected. The smell is beautiful with a bright cherry scent. The taste is brilliant cherry - as I said sweet, but not overbearing. The mouthfeel is nothing special, not bad, but nothing to write home about - definitely nothing left over but a great taste. Overall, I highly recommend it - even for a flavored beer.

dictatorial, Nov 28, 2012
4.63/5  rDev +47.9%

One of my first beers. It's still one I love to go back to nearly year round. It just makes me happy.

Poured in a pint glass

A- Golden with attractive lacing and a small head

S- Sweet cherries explode in the nose with a light refreshing smell. I wish I could wear the beer.

T- Wonderully sweet yet balanced. Unlike many so called fruit wheats you can clearly taste the cherries. Sweet wonderful mouthfulls of cherry balanced with a light wheat spice. Best sevred and drank ice cold. I hate to give a 5 but this is godly nectar to me, only two other beers I have ever had warrent 5's but this is one.

M- A nice coating just enough, not to much. with a decent linger.

D- I buy a six pack almost every friday. I rarely tire of it.

A beer for lovers of fruit and sweetness. Hop fans may want to look elsewhere. Sorry to gush. Great with desserts or just to add a sweet counterpart to a meal.

Seru1, Mar 14, 2008
4.63/5  rDev +47.9%

Served in a pint glass at just over fridge temperature, with a "drink by" date of February 2009.

Appearance- Pale straw gold, this beer pours without much fanfare... with a gentle swirl of the last few ounces in the bottle, we get a small amount of wheat malt in suspension. The white foamy cap settles around two fingers for awhile, then it reduces to a quarter inch. Lacing starts moments later and sticks in long, horizontal stretches inside the glass.

Smell- Gigantic aroma of Michigan cherries, so incredibly dense and full that it would be easy to proclaim its over-dominance... however, I am enamored by its supernatural presence. It's all cherries, all the time... but so clean and fruity it's ridiculous.

Taste- I'm noticing something now that really commands props, and it's the wonderful bready, smooth finish. The palate offers a generous helping of cherries, fresher than I could have ever imagined... then comes the doughy, light conclusion. So good.

Mouthfeel/Drinkablity- One surprise after another, this beer is dazzling the hell out of me. Sharp and quick immediately upon entering the mouth, it turns seafoamy and slick within seconds and becomes liquid velvet for the remainder of its short time there. Although I probably wouldn't drink more than one or two at a sitting, for intense flavor reasons only, this is stunningly enjoyable and **way** better than I remember from years ago.

yelterdow, Nov 09, 2008
4.6/5  rDev +47%

This has certainly got to be one of my absolute fovourites from Samuel Adams. Extremely tasty. Pours a golden orange colour with almost no head, just a thin slightly off-white haze. Laces the glass nicely. Just looks good, almost thirst quenching. The smell is very strong of cherry. There is no doubt whatsoever that there is cherry in there. The taste is divine. Alot of cherry at first, then it subsides to a maltiness which then gives way to a very nice toasted flavour. Just delicious. Medium bodied; not too heavy. The mouth feel is a bit thinner than the black motor oil porters and stouts that I typically drink. Very tasty, very smooth, not a whole lot of carbonation, very drinkable. Fantastic!!

SilentSabre, Sep 19, 2004
4.6/5  rDev +47%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass
The appearance is a yellow orange with a decent foam head.
Smell is a very pleasant cherry aroma, not too strong or too light.
The taste is a refreshing combo of Wheat and cherry. I'm not a big fan of fruity beers, but, this one is by far the best I have tried.
Mouthfeel is very smooth, just the right amount of carbonation.
Very drinkable beer, perfect for that hot July day after doing some yard work or just relaxing in the summer sun. I recommend giving this one a try

BigD1972, Jun 28, 2006
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)