Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001)
View: Beers (129) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Alström Bros
lisa_mayfield

Alaska

07-26-2014 09:39:22 | More by lisa_mayfield
PaterIovisLII

Maryland

4.75/5  rDev +51.8%

This beer is in a nice bottle and don't let that "Don't judge a good book by its cover" idea fool you this beer lives up to its potential. This beer gets a decent head and pours a nice deep amber but not too dark. The smell of this makes one look forward to drinking it and when it hits the toungue it has a fantastic typical lager flavor but after swallowing, the cherry aftertaste makes this a spectacular beer. SA Cherry Wheat is a simple classic beer. Nothing special enough to spend hundreds on but certainly one that I recommend. This Beer, like most Samuel Adams, are good with Beef, a Steak, a Burger, etc...Try it, you won't be disappointed

10-10-2005 05:05:53 | More by PaterIovisLII

Washington

05-30-2012 18:39:07 | More by snocntry
merddyn2002

4.75/5  rDev +51.8%

This is one of my favorite wheat beers and certainly my favorite fruit wheat. This sets the standard in my house for wheats. Everything is measured against it. Great fruit in the nose and in taste. Carbonation is perfect, good head when poured. You can't ask anything more from a fruit wheat. When I introduce new people to wheat beer this and leinenkugel sunset wheat are the two I reach for.

08-04-2010 15:31:47 | More by merddyn2002
Flitterwing

03-29-2012 03:49:57 | More by Flitterwing
billybob

4.72/5  rDev +50.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

first i would like to say i'm not a real big fan of sam adams beers and i have seen this beer many times and have passed it up. i was very leery to buy it but i was surprised and glad i did. poured a honey amber color with a three finger off white head with good retention and nice patchy lace to the finish. nice fruity cherry aromas with a taste of maraschino cherrys, sweet but not cloying on the palate. mouthfeel medium and smooth and carbonation is ok. drank five for the review and enjoyed every one.

04-06-2007 19:23:44 | More by billybob
GeneralZod

4.72/5  rDev +50.8%

APPEARANCE
A light amber color. The amount of head retentions was ok.

TASTE
As advertised, there was a hint of cherry. Not overhelming. There is a bit of sweetness and is adequately carbonated.

MOUTHFEEL
It is coarsed.

DRINKABILITY
It is one of Sam Adams better beers.
Quickly one of my favorite fruity beer.

11-27-2010 04:21:52 | More by GeneralZod
TheJones

United Kingdom (Wales)

4.68/5  rDev +49.5%

Appearance - Amber in color. Head was almost non existent.

Smell - Strong cherry smell but not enough to make it overwhelming.

Taste - Very sweet beer. The cherry is faint until the finish where it picks up.

Mouthfeel - Very carbonated.

Drinkability - Despite the cherry flavor it's easy to keep drinking. Great fall beer.

12-04-2010 09:03:21 | More by TheJones
JackTheRipper

4.68/5  rDev +49.5%

OK, time to review my old stand-by, my beloved Sam Adams Cherry wheat.

Appearance: Pours a nice amber color, good head which dissipated quickly, but with a fair amount of lacing on the glass. Very clear.

Smell: Delicious fruity cherry smell, not overpowering at all, I've always thought that this is what a "fruit" beer should smell like.

Taste: Well balanced cherry taste, not medicinal at all, nice sweetness that finishes with just the right amount of bitterness. Aftertaste is hardly perceptible.

Mouthfeel: Wonderful carbonation. Nice and full body, alcohol is well masked. Not a very dry finish, a bit drier and this would have been a five as well.

Drinkability: For me, at least, off the chart. If I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it. I drink some of the other SA products, but this is what I think of when I think of beer. Outstanding. A bit more cherry up front on the taste, a bit more head, and a bit drier, and this would have been a five across the board. I truly do love this beer.

01-14-2004 00:26:46 | More by JackTheRipper
dictatorial

4.65/5  rDev +48.6%

This beer is amazing. The flavor is very sweet which I don't usually enjoy, but in this case it seems to be done wonderfully. I had it on tap, into a pint glass and it was one of the better beers I have ever had. The appearance is like a light weizen, not red like I expected. The smell is beautiful with a bright cherry scent. The taste is brilliant cherry - as I said sweet, but not overbearing. The mouthfeel is nothing special, not bad, but nothing to write home about - definitely nothing left over but a great taste. Overall, I highly recommend it - even for a flavored beer.

11-28-2012 00:09:22 | More by dictatorial
Seru1

Alabama

4.63/5  rDev +47.9%

One of my first beers. It's still one I love to go back to nearly year round. It just makes me happy.

Poured in a pint glass

A- Golden with attractive lacing and a small head

S- Sweet cherries explode in the nose with a light refreshing smell. I wish I could wear the beer.

T- Wonderully sweet yet balanced. Unlike many so called fruit wheats you can clearly taste the cherries. Sweet wonderful mouthfulls of cherry balanced with a light wheat spice. Best sevred and drank ice cold. I hate to give a 5 but this is godly nectar to me, only two other beers I have ever had warrent 5's but this is one.

M- A nice coating just enough, not to much. with a decent linger.

D- I buy a six pack almost every friday. I rarely tire of it.

A beer for lovers of fruit and sweetness. Hop fans may want to look elsewhere. Sorry to gush. Great with desserts or just to add a sweet counterpart to a meal.

03-14-2008 01:50:41 | More by Seru1
yelterdow

4.63/5  rDev +47.9%

Served in a pint glass at just over fridge temperature, with a "drink by" date of February 2009.

Appearance- Pale straw gold, this beer pours without much fanfare... with a gentle swirl of the last few ounces in the bottle, we get a small amount of wheat malt in suspension. The white foamy cap settles around two fingers for awhile, then it reduces to a quarter inch. Lacing starts moments later and sticks in long, horizontal stretches inside the glass.

Smell- Gigantic aroma of Michigan cherries, so incredibly dense and full that it would be easy to proclaim its over-dominance... however, I am enamored by its supernatural presence. It's all cherries, all the time... but so clean and fruity it's ridiculous.

Taste- I'm noticing something now that really commands props, and it's the wonderful bready, smooth finish. The palate offers a generous helping of cherries, fresher than I could have ever imagined... then comes the doughy, light conclusion. So good.

Mouthfeel/Drinkablity- One surprise after another, this beer is dazzling the hell out of me. Sharp and quick immediately upon entering the mouth, it turns seafoamy and slick within seconds and becomes liquid velvet for the remainder of its short time there. Although I probably wouldn't drink more than one or two at a sitting, for intense flavor reasons only, this is stunningly enjoyable and **way** better than I remember from years ago.

11-09-2008 05:02:13 | More by yelterdow
SilentSabre

North Dakota

4.6/5  rDev +47%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This has certainly got to be one of my absolute fovourites from Samuel Adams. Extremely tasty. Pours a golden orange colour with almost no head, just a thin slightly off-white haze. Laces the glass nicely. Just looks good, almost thirst quenching. The smell is very strong of cherry. There is no doubt whatsoever that there is cherry in there. The taste is divine. Alot of cherry at first, then it subsides to a maltiness which then gives way to a very nice toasted flavour. Just delicious. Medium bodied; not too heavy. The mouth feel is a bit thinner than the black motor oil porters and stouts that I typically drink. Very tasty, very smooth, not a whole lot of carbonation, very drinkable. Fantastic!!

09-19-2004 20:16:19 | More by SilentSabre
BigD1972

Rhode Island

4.6/5  rDev +47%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass
The appearance is a yellow orange with a decent foam head.
Smell is a very pleasant cherry aroma, not too strong or too light.
The taste is a refreshing combo of Wheat and cherry. I'm not a big fan of fruity beers, but, this one is by far the best I have tried.
Mouthfeel is very smooth, just the right amount of carbonation.
Very drinkable beer, perfect for that hot July day after doing some yard work or just relaxing in the summer sun. I recommend giving this one a try

06-28-2006 22:46:35 | More by BigD1972
A38Fitness

4.58/5  rDev +46.3%

All I have to say is WOW!

This beer rocks! I am a big Sam Adams fan and love everything about the company and the beers. I'm not a big fan of Boston Lagar, just think it's OK. Summer Ale is in my opinion below average. Winter Lagar is Outstanding!!

Last but not least Cherry Wheat Ale. Yeah, CHERRY, WTF..lol But it's Sam Adams so I had to try it. Has to be one of the tastiest beers I have ever drank. Just like the other guys said, it pours a very nice head. I love the taste, smell, texture, color and just everything, even the bottle it comes in I love.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this beer. Find out who has it in stock and buy as much as you can afford.

Enjoy!

05-21-2006 00:07:01 | More by A38Fitness
TheBierBand

4.58/5  rDev +46.3%

The pour was satisfied with a thick frothy 1" head.

The appearance was rich as you would expect from Sam.

The smell was phenominal! You could get a hint from the cherry extract that just put this right over the top in this Beer Advocate's opinion.

Taste was fantastic. I really enjoyed the hint of cherry flavor. It was certianly not overpowering.... just a hint. Just the right amount of hoppiness.

These go down real nice. I will continue to have this on my short list of beers to keep in stock.

10-09-2006 19:11:24 | More by TheBierBand
Trent15

4.53/5  rDev +44.7%

Poured into standard beer glass, light head, and light amber color. Excellent aroma, refreshing and flavorful. Taste is just like the smell, great wheat base with the crisp cherry notes. The perfect ratio of beer to cherry, not to much, not to little. A great beer to have year round.

12-30-2012 00:03:07 | More by Trent15
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)