Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.30% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,551 | Reviews: 1,134
4.64/5  rDev +47.8%

This beer is amazing. The flavor is very sweet which I don't usually enjoy, but in this case it seems to be done wonderfully. I had it on tap, into a pint glass and it was one of the better beers I have ever had. The appearance is like a light weizen, not red like I expected. The smell is beautiful with a bright cherry scent. The taste is brilliant cherry - as I said sweet, but not overbearing. The mouthfeel is nothing special, not bad, but nothing to write home about - definitely nothing left over but a great taste. Overall, I highly recommend it - even for a flavored beer.

4.64/5  rDev +47.8%

Served in a pint glass at just over fridge temperature, with a "drink by" date of February 2009.

Appearance- Pale straw gold, this beer pours without much fanfare... with a gentle swirl of the last few ounces in the bottle, we get a small amount of wheat malt in suspension. The white foamy cap settles around two fingers for awhile, then it reduces to a quarter inch. Lacing starts moments later and sticks in long, horizontal stretches inside the glass.

Smell- Gigantic aroma of Michigan cherries, so incredibly dense and full that it would be easy to proclaim its over-dominance... however, I am enamored by its supernatural presence. It's all cherries, all the time... but so clean and fruity it's ridiculous.

Taste- I'm noticing something now that really commands props, and it's the wonderful bready, smooth finish. The palate offers a generous helping of cherries, fresher than I could have ever imagined... then comes the doughy, light conclusion. So good.

Mouthfeel/Drinkablity- One surprise after another, this beer is dazzling the hell out of me. Sharp and quick immediately upon entering the mouth, it turns seafoamy and slick within seconds and becomes liquid velvet for the remainder of its short time there. Although I probably wouldn't drink more than one or two at a sitting, for intense flavor reasons only, this is stunningly enjoyable and **way** better than I remember from years ago.

4.62/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This has certainly got to be one of my absolute fovourites from Samuel Adams. Extremely tasty. Pours a golden orange colour with almost no head, just a thin slightly off-white haze. Laces the glass nicely. Just looks good, almost thirst quenching. The smell is very strong of cherry. There is no doubt whatsoever that there is cherry in there. The taste is divine. Alot of cherry at first, then it subsides to a maltiness which then gives way to a very nice toasted flavour. Just delicious. Medium bodied; not too heavy. The mouth feel is a bit thinner than the black motor oil porters and stouts that I typically drink. Very tasty, very smooth, not a whole lot of carbonation, very drinkable. Fantastic!!

4.62/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass
The appearance is a yellow orange with a decent foam head.
Smell is a very pleasant cherry aroma, not too strong or too light.
The taste is a refreshing combo of Wheat and cherry. I'm not a big fan of fruity beers, but, this one is by far the best I have tried.
Mouthfeel is very smooth, just the right amount of carbonation.
Very drinkable beer, perfect for that hot July day after doing some yard work or just relaxing in the summer sun. I recommend giving this one a try

4.59/5  rDev +46.2%

The pour was satisfied with a thick frothy 1" head.

The appearance was rich as you would expect from Sam.

The smell was phenominal! You could get a hint from the cherry extract that just put this right over the top in this Beer Advocate's opinion.

Taste was fantastic. I really enjoyed the hint of cherry flavor. It was certianly not overpowering.... just a hint. Just the right amount of hoppiness.

These go down real nice. I will continue to have this on my short list of beers to keep in stock.

4.58/5  rDev +45.9%

All I have to say is WOW!

This beer rocks! I am a big Sam Adams fan and love everything about the company and the beers. I'm not a big fan of Boston Lagar, just think it's OK. Summer Ale is in my opinion below average. Winter Lagar is Outstanding!!

Last but not least Cherry Wheat Ale. Yeah, CHERRY, WTF..lol But it's Sam Adams so I had to try it. Has to be one of the tastiest beers I have ever drank. Just like the other guys said, it pours a very nice head. I love the taste, smell, texture, color and just everything, even the bottle it comes in I love.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this beer. Find out who has it in stock and buy as much as you can afford.

Enjoy!

4.57/5  rDev +45.5%

One of my first beers. It's still one I love to go back to nearly year round. It just makes me happy.

Poured in a pint glass

A- Golden with attractive lacing and a small head

S- Sweet cherries explode in the nose with a light refreshing smell. I wish I could wear the beer.

T- Wonderully sweet yet balanced. Unlike many so called fruit wheats you can clearly taste the cherries. Sweet wonderful mouthfulls of cherry balanced with a light wheat spice. Best sevred and drank ice cold. I hate to give a 5 but this is godly nectar to me, only two other beers I have ever had warrent 5's but this is one.

M- A nice coating just enough, not to much. with a decent linger.

D- I buy a six pack almost every friday. I rarely tire of it.

A beer for lovers of fruit and sweetness. Hop fans may want to look elsewhere. Sorry to gush. Great with desserts or just to add a sweet counterpart to a meal.

4.55/5  rDev +44.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 5

This is one of my favorites. I've tasted many fruit flavored beers and Cherry Wheat does it right.

4.54/5  rDev +44.6%

So I used to think this was just OK until I took a tour at Sam Adams, my sister had given me a goodie from her law school and apparently most of the tour guides were law students they let us stay after the tour and when they "washed" out my sample glass they poured me the cherry wheat on draft and it blew my mind. It's upsetting that the stuff outside of boston comes from a diffrent brewery.

4.53/5  rDev +44.3%

Poured into standard beer glass, light head, and light amber color. Excellent aroma, refreshing and flavorful. Taste is just like the smell, great wheat base with the crisp cherry notes. The perfect ratio of beer to cherry, not to much, not to little. A great beer to have year round.

4.52/5  rDev +43.9%

4.52/5  rDev +43.9%

A guilty pleasure, this is one of my regular favorites. Think of a fermented cherry coke without the cola, add a touch of hops and a hint of whole wheat bread. Unlike many fruit beers I've tried, this gets the cherry flavor spot on!
This is one to serve to friends , family, colleauges, strangers!

4.5/5  rDev +43.3%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)