Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cranberry LambicSamuel Adams Cranberry Lambic

poor

poor

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.90% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-01-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 1276-1300 | 1301-1325 | 1326-1350  | next › last »
1.9/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Orange yellow color with reddish hue. Slight beige tan head. Lots of cool-aid like artificial cranberry smell. Taste is a mix of beer and syrupy cranberry flavors. Makes an unpleasant, uneasy, and uncomfortable fuzzy, tart feeling on your tongue. Taste lingers on forever, and can't get rid of it. Only my pride, made me finish this. Not anything like Lindeman's. I had this in the Sam Adams sampler and let's hope we have seen the last of this one. Rubbish.
Ed's Note: From my '01 Christmas Boston trip.

StevieW, Aug 18, 2002
2.45/5  rDev -8.2%

Let me start off by saying I like cranberries. Cranberry bread, cranberry muffins...but not cranberry beer. The aroma was interesting but I barely finished the bottle, and had to drink it in short doses to get through. Just not my thing I guess.

Dogbrick, Jul 18, 2002
4.43/5  rDev +65.9%

It is a real shame this one is only available in the winter mixer packs. This is the brew that turned me on to the lambic style of brew and encouraged me to brew a cranberry beer of my own. Nice and light and very refreshing,, this libation has a definitive tone of cranberry, yet does not get carried away to the point of resembling a fruit juice as many fruit beers do. I woul buy out the local store if they stocked cases of this stuff.

beernut7, Jun 25, 2002
3.5/5  rDev +31.1%

Appearance: Hazy reddish-orange color with a medium off-white head, decent lace.

Aroma: Very sweet aroma of cranberries and caramel.

Taste: The taste is quite sweet, brief grain notes, then the cranberries dominate, finishes slightly tart with a brown sugar and molasses taste and spices, although the label states maple syrup is used.

Mouth feel: Soft, smooth and quite full, with just a hint of carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: Very well crafted, but a little sweet for my taste, but also unjustly maligned. A distinctive holiday beer, there is nothing else quite like it.

Pegasus, May 17, 2002
3.35/5  rDev +25.5%

Cranberry LAMBIC? Please, there is nothing remotely lambic about this beer. Okay, it does have some acidity and tartness imparted by the cranberry, but! why not call it Cranberry Ale or something campy like Bog Bitter? Kudos for brewing up something unusual though...

hbis2gut, Mar 07, 2002

Orange-amber tint, a light sediment presentation. Tart & tangy, whether or not Sam Adams is using artificial or natural cranberry flavor is unknown to me, however it tastes authentic. I really enjoyed this beer.

Jordan, Jan 07, 2002
3.25/5  rDev +21.7%

It had been awhile since I had this and I came away somewhat unimpressed. Great aroma..nice cranberry bite on aftertaste...didn't get the brown sugar flavor at all...a nice changeup but I've had much better fruit beers..I drank it out of the style of glass recommended and everything. It was decent but didn't blow me away or anything...

ZAP, Dec 22, 2001
3.8/5  rDev +42.3%

After not having this beer in quite some time, I was pleasantly surprised. Subtle cranberry flavor with an effervescent mouthfeel. Well done. Nice as a treat on it's own or with food.

John, Dec 17, 2001
2.73/5  rDev +2.2%

Tart to the point of being sour. Some yeast taste mixed in. I think you are either a fan of this beer or you are not. Nice smell due to the cranberries, but beyond that, a very marginal offering.

proc, Dec 11, 2001
4.25/5  rDev +59.2%

What a lovely beer. I poured this into a wide mouth glass that I normaly reserve for Belgian beers and the aroma was great. It had a creamy head with just the right balance of tart and sweet. This would have been great to drink on Thanksgiving. I will remember.

AaronRed, Nov 25, 2001

very crisp and clean...tastes like cranberry jam and homemade biscuits. i don't think i could have more than one at a time. It get's very sweet by the end of the glass.

xXTequila, Nov 19, 2001
4.1/5  rDev +53.6%

Light red amber, slightly hazy appearance. Fruity cranberry character; clean and crisp; tart, slight maple note in finish.
This is my first experience with a fruit Lambic, so I have nothing to judge this beer against.
I enjoyed the dry, clean, crisp, tart taste. It was however a little light on cranberry flavor. A very drinkable beer.
Currently available only in the Sam Adams Winter Classics 12 pack.

ThreePistols, Nov 01, 2001
« first ‹ prev | 1276-1300 | 1301-1325 | 1326-1350  | next › last »
Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)