Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cranberry LambicSamuel Adams Cranberry Lambic

poor

poor

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-01-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic Alström Bros
Reviews: 837 | Hads: 1,362

Orange-amber tint, a light sediment presentation. Tart & tangy, whether or not Sam Adams is using artificial or natural cranberry flavor is unknown to me, however it tastes authentic. I really enjoyed this beer. (213 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +16.6%

It had been awhile since I had this and I came away somewhat unimpressed. Great aroma..nice cranberry bite on aftertaste...didn't get the brown sugar flavor at all...a nice changeup but I've had much better fruit beers..I drank it out of the style of glass recommended and everything. It was decent but didn't blow me away or anything... (339 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +34.3%

After not having this beer in quite some time, I was pleasantly surprised. Subtle cranberry flavor with an effervescent mouthfeel. Well done. Nice as a treat on it's own or with food. (183 characters)

2.79/5  rDev -1.4%

Tart to the point of being sour. Some yeast taste mixed in. I think you are either a fan of this beer or you are not. Nice smell due to the cranberries, but beyond that, a very marginal offering. (198 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +51.9%

What a lovely beer. I poured this into a wide mouth glass that I normaly reserve for Belgian beers and the aroma was great. It had a creamy head with just the right balance of tart and sweet. This would have been great to drink on Thanksgiving. I will remember. (264 characters)

very crisp and clean...tastes like cranberry jam and homemade biscuits. i don't think i could have more than one at a time. It get's very sweet by the end of the glass. (168 characters)

4.1/5  rDev +44.9%

Light red amber, slightly hazy appearance. Fruity cranberry character; clean and crisp; tart, slight maple note in finish.
This is my first experience with a fruit Lambic, so I have nothing to judge this beer against.
I enjoyed the dry, clean, crisp, tart taste. It was however a little light on cranberry flavor. A very drinkable beer.
Currently available only in the Sam Adams Winter Classics 12 pack. (412 characters)

Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)