1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Samuel Adams Utopias - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams UtopiasSamuel Adams Utopias

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

American Strong Ale |  29.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-09-2005)
View: Beers (117) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Utopias Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,546 | Reviews: 452 | Show All Ratings:
Pencible

This was quite an exceptional treat to sample. It's technically a beer, although its characteristics are more like a scotch or cognac. It poured a clear, dark copper with no head. It had an extremely strong and complex scent of brown sugar malt, cinnamon sugar, wheat, and alcohol. Its flavor was even stronger, blending super sweet honey, maple syrup, hazel nut, refined wheat, and delicate malt. It was oily and very smooth with no carbonation, and a very strong and lasting aftertaste of bitterness and alcohol warming. Overall this was just about perfect - one of the best alcoholic beverages of any sort that I've tried. It was very simple at first, but the more you thought about it, the more complex it became. It had chameleon-like characteristics, in that you could discern hints of practically any flavor you thought about. Despite the ridiculous price tag, this is worth it.

03-29-2008 21:31:45 | More by Pencible
mhewes

Colorado

I was able to sample a 1 oz pour of this at Downtown Bar & Grill in Brooklyn. It was a nice dark bronze/copper color with no head or lacing (as expected). A very nice aroma with some sweet smells and vanilly. The flavor was very smooth which matched the aromas and you could taste the alcohol. It very much reminded me of a tawny port in both smell and taste. The mouthfeel was very smooth and syrupy. Even at the price, this is one that I would love to pick up a bottle of and slowly savor. It's definitely a sipper.

07-21-2008 14:00:35 | More by mhewes
templar316

Pours a beutiful golden brown into a tiny brandy snifter to capture the aroma. It looks more like liquor then beer, and the nose is off the charts (and clearly more developed then the 07). Malt, port, caramel, dates...Seriously, every other time I lifted this to my lips just inhaling the delicious aroma was enough. And the flavor; a drop on the tongue spreads throughout the mouth a delcious complicated hoppy, malty, caramel magic. Being stranded on a desert island would be worth it if a bottle of this was along. I thought this beer would be all hype but it was worth every dollar.

07-28-2008 01:28:18 | More by templar316
michael573114

Connecticut

I'm in love with this beer. I tasted the first version at a Boston beer fest, and was blown away. Later, I managed to pick up a single bottle of the 2005, and when the 2007 came out, I was ready.

Great beer. It reminds me a lot of a good tawny port, it's got that sweet carmelized flavor, almost like it was distilled. It's sticky and slightly thick like port.. but then you taste, and there are flavors here that you just cannot get with grapes.

Definitely sip this one... savor it. Share it with your friends, surprise them with the fact that yes, this really is beer.

Thanks to Jim Koch and everyone at Sam Adams, this is something truely unique.

10-23-2008 05:03:40 | More by michael573114
Viggo

Ontario (Canada)

2007 vintage, bottle #4260. Had a couple oz's courtesy of Mike at Cole's at the rare beer fest.

Pours a crystal clear dark amber, nice honey colour, no head and no lace, but does sport some pretty insane looking legs, they really stick all over the glass. Smell is amazing and intense, vanilla, honey, oak, toffee, nougat, insanely malty, alcohol, grapes, figs and raisins, butterscotch, slightly musty, maple, just crazy rich and intense. Taste is the same, mega intense, wood, insane amount of toffee and honey, brown sugar, figs, raisins, vanilla, dark fruit, maple syrup, alcohol, just has everything in the flavour, very rich and malty. Mouthfeel is full bodied and syrupy, low carbonation, insanely smooth, you do not get the almost 26% alcohol out of this. Perfect fireside sipping beer, I'd replace everything of that sort in my liquor cabinet for this stuff. Just amazing and I'm really happy I got the chance to try this. Perfect for what it is, need to get me some.

01-26-2009 19:10:01 | More by Viggo
grub

Ontario (Canada)

sampled from the bottle at the coles rare beer festival, jan 24/09. bottle #4260, 2007 vintage.

pours beautiful crystal clear deep red-brown with no trace of carbonation or head. great legs though!

aroma is intense. big rich caramel and toffee, but that just doesn't begin to touch the depth. big fruity component too - date, raisin, dried cranberry, fig. there's also no mistaking the alcohol in this one - it's there and it's proud. notes of chocolate, coffee, wood, earth, licorice, and smoke. wow, i could just keep smelling this all day.

taste is excellent. everything from the aroma and then some. nice light sweetness too. it makes me think of port or cognac, but even more drinkable. damn, i am truly in love with this beer.

mouthfeel is great. about medium body and with no carbonation, but honestly it isn't needed or missed.

drinkability is excellent. this beer is amazing. the alcohol is always there, but silky smooth and so good. the complexity and depth of character are just so amazing that you're constantly wanting more and picking out other little nuances in it.

i was a little skeptical going in to this one. i really wanted to try it, but expected something boozy and very obviously not "beer". however, i was very pleasantly surprised. even with the higher alcohol, it never loses its "beer" character. sure, there are comparisons to be drawn, but this is more like a strong finely-aged barleywine or strong ale than a port or cognac. even at the high bottle cost, i honestly want a bottle of this so i can just spend a day sipping on it. so good. huge thanks go out to mike for pulling this from his personal stash for the event.

02-05-2009 17:47:49 | More by grub
sbpyro

I truly enjoyed the experience of the beer from the moment it is poured the beautiful rich color, the aroma of the beer as you lift it up to your lips, very intricate flavors and how drinkable it is.

I've own several bottles and feel they are well worth the money.

Also had the pleasure of having it out of a keg bout 5 years back.

03-12-2009 14:58:50 | More by sbpyro
jjanega08

A= poured from my fresh bottle of 2007 Utopias. Really there is nothing to compare this to so how can it be anything other than perfect. It's a beautiful brownish amber color with no head; but hey like I said is this how it's suppose to be???? Yes, yes it is. I can't dock points for it not having a head or lacing because I'm not sure if it's even possible. The color is great though.
S= Loads of sweet mapley awesomness. It smells like nothing I could have ever imagined. There is of course alcohol present but It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The alcohol just tingles on the back of the nose I guess is the best way to explain it. Much like there are multiple places on the tongue when you sip there are multiple nose notes. Up front Maple then some actual recognizable malts come through. There is a lot of toffee and caramel goodness I even get a little chocolate and coffee deeper in there. Then I encounter tons of wood. Oak and vanilla take over my nose and then finish on the way down with an alcohol burn. Awesome.
T= Again completely unexpected. Of course this beer has a ton of alcohol in it but the taste is so much more. The path across my nose follows the smell very much in the same way. Up front there is TONS of maple in it. Sweet rich maple. One of the sweetest beers I've ever had. From the sweet maple goodness you sort of skip over all recognizable malt flavor because the maple hits you that deep. From there you get all the sweet wood flavor. A little bourbon (I'm not sure if bourbon barrels were used or not it may just be the alcohol) vanilla is all over my tongue. The finish is hot and boozy.
M= Burns my tongue. The most coating beer I've ever felt before. It just hit you penetrates all nooks and crannies in your tongue and sits. Even with the small sips I'm taking it covers the mouth. Hot and wild.
D= How can you rate this beer anything less than perfect... This is a beer that all other "extreme" beers will have to match up to. There is nothing to compare this too and is so far out there that I'm not sure if people will try to match this. Not only that but it's awesome. Not the best beer I've ever had but it's up there and for the "style" it's perfect.

11-25-2009 05:12:58 | More by jjanega08
realmpel

This is an amazing drink, and I don't regret springing for it. Wish I could have gotten a six-pack! That's just out of range.

I can taste that there's a beer hidden in here. If you scaled back the sweetness and powerful woods, you'd have a nice strong ale. Souped up as it is, you get a powerful warmth of bourbon and oak, mellowing out to vanilla on the finish.

Appearance is just like a cognac. The smell is out of this world with vanilla and bourbon. It singed my nose hairs a little with the strength.

Pick up a sixer and kick back with a pint! ;)

12-07-2009 04:48:16 | More by realmpel
CRichardsMN

I have the rare opportunity to compare and contrast two vintages of Utopias (2007 & 2009). Thanks to my loving wife for understanding such an extravagant set of purchases!

Appearance:
Poured ~1 oz servings into side by side Riedel Utopias glasses.
2007 - Amber gold, no carbonation, syrupy film coats the glass.
2009 - Similar characteristics but slightly darker amber in color.

Smell:
2007 - Warm maple syrup and butter, caramel, walnuts, oak, warm but not of alcohol. Very intense but mild and smooth.
2009 - Again, similar characteristics but has a slightly denser nose that is less sweet.

Taste:
2007 - How can this be even considered as anything but perfect? Nearly identical to the smell but so much more intense. The flavors are so well balanced between the sweet and savory while being both light and dense at the same time. The alcohol is obviously there as it warms down your throat but never do you actually taste "alcohol." My favorite part is the intense mental image of pancakes with whipped butter and real maple syrup and walnuts.
2009 - Absolute bliss as while they are both the "same" "beer," they are distinctly different and both incredible. The 2009, with it's darker complexion has a bit more oak but is somehow lighter on the tongue as there may be a detectable carbonation. The flavors are slightly less sweet but equally balanced in every way as the 2007.

Mouthfeel:
2007 - Sipped so slowly, trying to pull every hint of flavor out of this beautiful liquid, the body is creamy smooth and thick with a sticky coating last long in the mouth. The flavors lend to being light on the palate so while the flavors are strong they do not change over the course of the drink.
2009 - The same syrupy sweet consistency coats the mouth but with a hidden lightness from a nearly imperceptible carbonation.

Upon initial opening of the 2007 vintage (nearly 9 months ago), it had the same perception of possible carbonation but as it has waited in it's bottle, it has not lost any attractiveness.

Drinkability:
This it truly the most intense and enjoyable beer experience I have had. Both brews are equally enjoyable and I will refrain from picking a vintage to prefer as I honestly don't know. In either case, I cannot think of a beverage (of any type) that has had as much impact on me.

Comment:
I have to say that Utopias is well out of my day-to-day price range, even if I could find it (I will not disclose my seller as I don't want to cause a stampede). I was first let into the know of Utopias by a co-worker of mine who has to this day, not found a bottle of for himself. I almost feel bad...

01-25-2010 05:23:58 | More by CRichardsMN
bloomlax33

I actually found a bottle online at Ancona's and couldn't resist ordering it...so glad that I did.

A: Dark brown with no carbonation, head or lacing, however there were legs similar to wine/spirits. Reminds me of pouring hard liquor.

S: Very strong, the alcohol hits immediatley. This is followed by some dark fruit, caramel, and toffee. Once you get past the alcohol, smells very good.

T: Slight burn/heat from the alcohol right away. Then the flavors start to emerge, some vanilla, oak, and caramel. Lots of dark fruit comes through as well. It finishes up with a taste of maple....interesting ending.

M/D: Has some heat to it as expected, but medium to full bodied. No carbonation as noted above. More drinkable than would be expected at 27%. Went right through my 2 oz. pour in no time and had another one right after. The glass that Sam Adams provides is a must for this.

Overall, this is the best stuff that I have tried. I am going to have a hard time making my bottle last. It is a little pricey, it did cost $175 for the bottle, but well worth it.

12-23-2010 17:05:43 | More by bloomlax33
paxkey

Ontario (Canada)

appearance is like maple syrup with a few drops of blood added.

I have a bottle of 100% pure canadian maple syrup. poured some into a glass to compare. the sam adams is quite literally identical in the glass to the maple syrup but with a little extra. The Utopias really looks as though a few drops of blood were added to a glass of maple syrup, the red/rust sits almost suspended against the backdrop of golden maple syrup. like iodine rust color.

aroma is sweet boozy and seductive. Its all booze huge booze aroma followed by the most enticing smoky maple bacon aroma. I am visualizing making a pear flambe with this stuff. Definitely smelling bacon.

Getting some amazing taste experience. first thing i get is a hit of raspberry jam. It actually feels like sticky jam on the back of my tongue and it tates like raspberry. fantastical.

The hit of alcohol is pronounced making it a slow and methodical sipper. It leaves no boozy aftertaste and it is difficult not to rush for more. I am drinking this while reviewing as i do with most of my reviews and i am going to stop here and enjoy.
cheers.

01-28-2011 03:08:48 | More by paxkey
Avagadro

My second encounter with the infamous Utopias. This time I came prepared with pen and paper for a review. These notes correspond to the 2009 version of the brew, which I enjoyed at the Fermentation Lounge (Tallahassee, Fl) which they opened in celebration of their second birthday.

A: Pours flat and crystal clear, boasting a deep mahogany color.

S: Bouquet is powerful, displaying notes of dark rum, figs, and maple syrup.

T: Flavor follows the nose's lead, loaded with figs and Caribbean rum. Being a fan of quality rums, I have to say that this competes with the best of them.

M: Velvety and smooth, with a slight sticky finish. Very enjoyable.

D: A truly original and breathtaking offering by Sam Adams. this competes with many of the top-shelf single-malts, bourbons, and rums I have encountered when it comes to complexity and flavor balance. Definitely worth a try if you are lucky enough to come across a bottle.

02-01-2011 22:10:28 | More by Avagadro
bonkers

I won a 4 ounce sample of the 2011 vintage at a festival, best 10 bucks ever spent. Poured into a tasting glass, dark brown headless pour. The aroma is amazing, oak, vanilla, bourbon, hot booze. The taste is as amazing as the aroma, finishes with lingering caramel and vanilla. The beer is smooth and sticky, no carbonation actually makes it smoother. The beer exceeded what I was expecting, my first 5, I definitely will be looking for more.

09-25-2011 10:37:19 | More by bonkers
gregy55902

A - Pours a mahogany color with no carbonation.

S - Utterly stunning - unlike any other beer. Sherry, cherry, cognac, port, extreme barrel aged notes. Just an insane bouquet of dark fruits - cherry, dates, a bit of wild dark berries. A bit of caramel malt and vanilla.

T - Just wow. This hits you so hard with the barrel aging - it is so incredibly smooth even with the high abv. Taste follows the nose but it is even more amazing. The taste lingers forever, which is amazing.

M - No carbonation, but it doesn't need any. Lingers in your mouth for an eternity (1+hour) long after you have swallowed it. It made me smile so much; I couldn't believe what my taste buds were experiencing.

O - Incredible. If this beer isn't perfect, then nothing is. If you can appreciate a barrel-aged beer, take that times infinity and you have Utopias. Kind of pricey but I can totally understand why. Save this for special occasions, and you won't be disappointed.

02-21-2012 06:33:24 | More by gregy55902
Lare453

2oz pour into the riedel glass that came with it. This was a 2011.

A copper, thick, clear, no carbonation, no lacing, no head, long thick legs, Beautiful.

S dried dark fruit, booze, sweetness, maple, oak, plum, figs, cinnamon, vanilla, bakers chocolate, dried apricot, lemon, dark cherries

T a blend of dried dark fruits, rich port and sherry flavors with a fantastic sweet aftertaste, not much booziness, or a lot less than I thought. Lots of vanilla, oak, cinnamon, cherries, vanilla, figs, dried apricot, lemon peel, dried plums, raspberry, cinnamon, bitter chocolate, light and dark malt, baking bread, licorice,

M thick, rich, no carbonation

O amazing, one of the best things I've ever had before and I will buy a bottle every year it comes out. I'm going to say this is my favorite beer ever!!!

Greta to try and if I could afford it I'd buy it more often.

09-20-2012 05:49:52 | More by Lare453
Johnnyhitch

2011 Vintage Bottle #10243

A - Dark mahogany hues in front of rich golden striations

S - Caramalized dark figs raisons malted barley brown sugar slight booze like one would expect but not like anything i was expecing at all. Very pungent

T - Big dark fruits sweet boozy pancakes fill the mouth almost like a fruitcake. Oaken cherrys almonds bready malts vanilla very deep and complex very hard to narrow down any one flavor. Maple syrup really shines as it warms. (Used in a brandy warmer) I guess you can taste what could be hop earthiness but may just be the tannins from the wood.

M - This is where it really goes crazy. The alcohol hits first numbing the palate over sweetness and makes it crazy smooth in balance. Syrupy mouthfeel also adds to the brown sugar. Very thick....Awesome.

O - Ive had the 09 and think 11 goes crazy over the top of it. The 09 had to many sherry vinous flavors to it where the 11 has that rich malted palate that lets you know its a beer. Much better than expected and will be aging for a while. Can only imagine what this could turn into. Perfect in my book. Not much room for improvement at this high of an ABV.

12-22-2012 01:09:43 | More by Johnnyhitch
watsonmd

Georgia

Hard to believe this was born as a beer. Really is more in line with a cognac, port, or other cordial.

A: poured into a snifter, 2 oz pour. The only beer with "legs" that I have ever had.

S: Unbelievable, sweet, fruity, rich

T: Fruit: plum, cherry, rasin, with a nice smooth alcohol, some spices, and oak.

M: Sticky, smooth, thick, syrupy.

O: A rare experience, graciously extended by a local pub owner. Would have a hard time paying $300 for a 24 ounce bottle, but glad I tried it!

02-14-2013 16:37:14 | More by watsonmd
ECBS

10th Anniversary Edition.

Immensely enjoyed by our Beer Society on April 20, 2013. Served at room temperature in 2.5 oz. samples.

Tasted alongside a tawny port, madeira, amontillado (medium dry) sherry, cream sherry (all of which were highly rated online, and only ran between $15-$25 at the LCBO) and Unibroue 17 Grande Reserve - all for comparison's sake. Not surprisingly, the Utopias was much more similar to the fortified wines we tried than the dark ale.

Out of our group of about ten men (none of whom had much experience with fortified wines), the vast majority found the fortified wines to be cloyingly sweet, while the unanimous consensus was that the Utopias was more complex, more drinkable (even with its higher ABV, as most of the fortified wines rang in at about 20%), and much more delicious.

As others have already mentioned, the taste is quite sweet without being cloying. Notes of maple syrup, dark fruits and chocolate. Plenty of warming alcohol. Beautiful colour - dark golden brown/ruby.

Highly recommended for a group tasting.

04-30-2013 17:32:30 | More by ECBS
sh00ky

Hawaii

Bought two bottles of the 10-year, one to drink and one to save. First time I ever dropped so much coin on one bottle of beer let alone two, but in the end it was an eye opening experience that caused me to go back and readjust all the top beers I've rated. Entirely worth the price if you can find it and have the extra cash saved up to spend on it.

The beer has a great history behind its ingredients and is unparalleled in it's balance between complexity and flavor. Should definitely be enjoyed a little at a time as it would be a shame to get too buzzed to truly enjoy the experience.

To date the only beer I've rated 5-star.

05-19-2013 00:26:37 | More by sh00ky
Jeffreysan

Maryland

The 10th Anniversary edition given to me for my 40th birthday. The latest release of Utopias is a blend of previous beers aged in various liquor barrels. Mr. Dzen reports that beer from barrels from the original Triple Bock 20 years ago, from subsequent Triple Bocks, from Millennium (released in 1999), and from each subsequent release of Utopias is blended into the 10th anniversary edition. Further, Mr. Dzen reports that the 2012 edition of Utopias was aged in single-use bourbon casks from the Buffalo Trace Distillery and also spent time in a variety of finishing casks, including Tawny Port casks and Vintage Ruby Port casks from Portugal and rum barrels from Nicaragua.

2 ounce pour, poured into a cordial glass.

Appearance: Utopias pours a very viscous, yet clear dark amber, like an Armagnac, Cognac, or Spanish Brandy. Absolutely gorgeous in color.

Aroma: Whoa! You can really smell that 29% ABV! Utopias has a very strong, but pleasing not offensive, alcohol aroma, that reminds me again, of an Armagnac, Cognac, or Spanish Brandy. There’s also tons of dried fruit, (prunes and raisons) and caramel and toffee and vanilla. Finally, there’s notes of oak, from the barrel-aging. Absolutely outstanding.

Taste: Another Keanu Reeves, “Whoa!” Tastes very similar to the aforementioned Armagnac, Cognac, or Spanish Brandy or even a vintage port. Lots of fruit, and oak and vanilla and toffee, and caramel, with slight hints of tobacco, all wrapped up in a very long, pleasant malty, alcohol finish. Very pleasant, very complex. I know that this is a beer, but…this is a beer?! Damn, I’m extremely impressed.

Mouthfeel: Cloying in a GOOD way, like a brandy, meaning the alcohol nicely balances everything out.

Overall: This beer is awesome! Extremely flavorful, extremely complex, and extremely fantastic. Utopias will now be placed on a metaphorical shelf of honor next to my best scotches, Armagnac, Cognac, and Spanish Brandies!

06-17-2013 21:47:21 | More by Jeffreysan
Cavanaghty

Maine

Finally broke down and open mine after almost a year of hanging on to it. Poured about an ounce into a Sam Adams Sample glass. It was 2012 10th Anniversary Edition.

Appearance: Darker reddish amber in color, no head at all, no carbonation.

Smell: Fruity like notes, figs and some nutty notes as well. Alcohol was prominent.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth, warm, full bodied beer. Taste was very complex. After several sips I could make out several flavors including vanilla, cocoa, alcohol, figs, sugar, citrus, tree nuts and some earthy, grassy notes in the background.

Overall: Glad I bought this one, however I really don't care for it. Yes I gave it all "5s", but I respect this beer. The complexity and the work put into it deserve full credit. It is truly one of the most unique brews I have ever tasted. It drinks like a cross between a fine wine and good whiskey. I would recommend that everyone try this at least once to say they did.

09-01-2013 15:35:07 | More by Cavanaghty
rx-beer

Puerto Rico

Limited 2009 edition. Poured into a double old fashioned glass. Bottle reports a 28% ABV but this is likely to have increased over the years.

A - Pours a deep, clear, still amber that beautifully tears down the glass. After a few years, a fine sediment developed.

S - A delicious maple syrup aroma predominates, and is accompanied by notes of vanilla extract, raisin, and alcohol. There's also a hint of oak in there.

T - Initially dominated by maple syrup with a touch of vanilla, and then takes a back seat to the alcohol and oak flavors.

M - Glazes the tongue and leaves a light burn. I find it particularly enjoyable to take a small sip and let it linger for a while before swallowing. Goes down amazingly smooth.

O - My mind is blown every time that I try this very special brew. I love to sit and watch the amber elixir slowly tear down the walls of the glass. Not what I think of when I hear the word 'beer,' but that's part of the mystique surrounding the Utopias.

09-03-2013 03:31:48 | More by rx-beer
jjayjaye

My 800th Review. AMAZING. OVERWHELMING. ADDICTIVE.

This 2011 edition considered October 2013…while our dysfunctional government was shutdown because our elected representatives failed us in one of our greatest hours of need.

The experience begins as you consider the ale from its artisan copper colored porcelain vessel. A traditional plain gold bottle cap beneath the twist off top is a pleasant surprise.

Pours a still yet brilliant cherry mahogany color with absolutely no effervescence. It coats the walls of the chalice with the oily appearance of a fine distilled spirit.

The nose is aggressive and complex, smooth and beyond agreeable. INVITING.
It has a malty molasses cinnamon maple vanilla caramel sweet fig-like fruitiness that is altogether SWEET, UNIQUE and DISTINCTIVE.

The flavors are as complex and vibrant as the nose. The 27% ABV is completely hidden. The aroma commands your attention while the smooth lingering character of the mouth feel seamlessly serenades you with the world-class flavor experience.

I really appreciate the opportunity to have considered this fine ale thanks to Dustin Fargnolli of Sam the Beer Man…and it wouldn’t have been the same if I hadn’t shared it with a fellow advocate. Thanks Jay

10-04-2013 23:29:43 | More by jjayjaye
mcanderson0

Served in a Glencairn Scotch glass. Big thanks to my buddy DC for locating a bottle for me.

A: Dark. Looks like a deeply aged cognac.

S: Big chocolate whiff. Smells like a chocolate flavored port I had a few years back.

T: Chocolate dipped cherries. Dark fruits such as red and purple plums or perhaps prunes. Burgundy. Port. There's a woody finish that reminds me of a wet mesquite BBQ sauce, but its rather faint compared to the more predominant wine-base flavors. A more simplified response could be: port mixed with cognac.

M: Thin like a fine liquor, nothing like a beer. Too sweet to be compared to whiskey or scotch. The closest comparison would be to a cognac. Although, the deep fruity flavors hint at the wine/port barreling.

O: Forget the 'beer' moniker. This is an exceptional beverage under any category. People complain about the price, but when you normalize the cost per ABV and volume, buying this beer for $200 at 24oz is like spending $270 for a 750ml of fine cognac. Thats not a bad price to spend for an exceptionally blended mixture of 1 to 20 year old aged tinctures.

11-18-2013 12:25:16 | More by mcanderson0
Samuel Adams Utopias from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)