Samuel Adams New World Tripel (Barrel Room Collection) - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams New World Tripel (Barrel Room Collection)Samuel Adams New World Tripel (Barrel Room Collection)

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Tripel |  10.00% ABV

Aged in oak barrels; hand-bottled corked & caged; bottled-conditioned.

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-30-2009)

4.44/5  rDev +13.6%

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

3.9/5  rDev -0.3%

3.75/5  rDev -4.1%

so much flavor, so much pigeons

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

This is a very enjoyable brew - fairly "in your face", sweet, lots of citrus and fruit esters (I'm thinking pineapple and pear?), some coriander spice... and its 10% ABV is hidden very well in its sweetness. In fact, the sweetness gives it a fairly mead-like character. It's almost too sweet, but I think sweetness and fruitiness are desirable characteristics of good Tripels.

The color is a nice orangey-honey. Not much hop character, which I like (I'm definitely NOT an IPA guy), and very good smooth mouthfeel. The head is rich and creamy, lingers for a few moments, and clings nicely to the glass as it dissipates.

After getting halfway through the bottle, I am not tasting, but definitely FEELING, the alcohol's effects... in a GOOD way. A nice, light, smooth, and quite satisfying buzz. Probably good that I only have this one bottle, or I'd be on the floor tonight!

I will be buying this one again. It's the most enjoyable brew I've ever tasted from BBC. TWO thumbs up!

4.25/5  rDev +8.7%

Coppery gold mostly clear liquid that starts out with a frothy white head which fades after a few minutes. The smell is quite fruity most of that citrus with some yeast and other esters in there as well. I'm also getting some slight bready malt but really no indications of hops or the alcohol which makes up a good portion of this. The taste is very peppery, spicy and citrusy just what I'd expect to find in a tripel. I'd say that this beer is a bit sweeter and maybe more fruity than some other good examples of the style. The alcohol flavors are pretty well hidden but a nice warming character definitely starts to make itself known especially as the beer warms. A surprisingly tasty tripel I'm glad I gave it a try and would would recommend it.

4.75/5  rDev +21.5%

Very sweet, very mild hops, spice, tangerine, red grape, oak, dried fig, clove. A bit too sweet, but very delicious.

Near perfection for a Tripel (my favorite style of beer). I was shocked to discover Sam Adams even out-classed St Bernardus Tripel. This is truly as close as a Tripel can get to perfect for me.

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

Awesome! Best beer I have had by Sam Adams. I could only obtain it from the brewery in boston. Well worth packing it in luggage to get it back to chicago. Fantastic Belgian yeast flavors and a kickin abv.

4.75/5  rDev +21.5%

This one pours a nicely ruby tinted rich golden color that a nice off white rich head that is long lived, settles slow and leaves good lacing down the glass.

The nose is fruity and pleasant with spiced notes that remind me a tad of all spice, there are nice bread tones and some alcohol. A mild but very pleasant nose here.

The taste is exceptional and definitely fruity, but not overly sweet. The flavor is a nicely done malt with woody notes that has a mild hopped experience that balances nicely with a complex array woody malts and spices.

The mouthfeel is silky and rick as a Belgian style should be, just right for this style.

Overall this is an exceptional offering from Samuel Adams and a real treat. This one is one of the best in their entire line up. I highly recommend trying this one.

Samuel Adams New World Tripel (Barrel Room Collection) from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)