Samuel Adams Noble Pils - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Noble PilsSamuel Adams Noble Pils

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Czech Pilsener |  4.90% ABV

"Samuel Adams® Noble Pils is brewed with all 5 Noble hops for a distinct hop character and fresh taste. Deep golden in color with a citrusy hop aroma, Samuel Adams Noble Pils is a traditional Bohemian Pilsner. The honeyed malt character from traditional Bohemian malt is balanced by delicate yet pronounced citrus, floral, and piney notes from the Noble hops. The winner of our 2009 Beer Lover's Choice® election, this beer was chosen by over 67,000 drinkers for its crisp complexity and refreshing taste."

(Beer added by: schellsbeer on 12-20-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Noble Pils Alström Bros

uziangis, Jan 13, 2012

Bwbkicks, Dec 14, 2011

BGsWo22, Mar 20, 2013

UncleJon206, May 31, 2012

Jenessa, Mar 04, 2012

spoonhawk, Nov 23, 2011

Are you serious? A-? This is a joke...

Appearance - thin yellow water with a flimsy carbonated head that disappeared as fast as you can say 'Bobs your uncle!"

Smell - stale corona, or urine.. depending on the weather

Taste - Miller lite, but id rather have that for the pice

Mouthfeel - just plain horrible, theres nothing there

Drinkability - It was awful just like the rating I gave this beer, it was like carbonated water.. but its my fault because I didn't use that awesome glass in the commercial with the laser doop de doo line in the bottom that brings out all the secret hidden flavors in this bad beer.

nrpellegrini, Feb 13, 2010

bmcduff2, Jan 24, 2012

Johnhaley1989, Oct 05, 2012

PrimScrewhead, Jan 19, 2012

CrashOverride, Dec 25, 2011
1.13/5  rDev -70%

I had this at a local Italian pizza shop.

This was very weak beer. The hops were barely there. It reminded me of Budweiser with a bitter blah-ness. It was just awful. I tried to like this beer. But Sam Adams is just putting names on stuff to make the beers sound like they may taste good. They failed here.

You want a good pilsner? Drink a Warsteiner.

Cheers!

Grand-Raggedy, Jul 04, 2014

soxandbeer, Apr 12, 2013

Vdub1803, Feb 16, 2014
1.63/5  rDev -56.8%

I bought this after hearing my uncle rave about it. I won't be trusting his beer advice again.

I should first disclose that I have had very few Sam Adams beers that I had much liking for, nor have I ever been fond of pilsners, but I think I gave this a fair shake.

Pours a rather unimpressive yellow, with next to no head into a 19oz. pilsner glass. Aroma is very faint hops and a sort of chemically smell I sometimes find in beers I subsequently dislike.

The taste is initially sharply hoppy, though very one dimensionally so, followed by a weak, watery flavor not unlike, if I remember correctly, yellow macro brews. This is further followed by a nasty chemically aftertaste that doesn't appear to go away. There is not much else to say about it, other than that I have a tight beer budget, and $9 for a six pack of this is a big waste of it.

GalenM, May 03, 2010
1.63/5  rDev -56.8%

I am utterly shocked and perplexed by the beeradvocate.com score for this beer. I'm not a big Sam Adams fan, but I do really enjoy their hallertauer pilsener. That gave me hope for this brew. Alas, this beer is wretched.

Pours a light golden color. Big white foam head. I was perhaps expecting less yellow, more gold.

Smells like crisp, chemical laden bread, some cleaning solvents that perhaps double as noble-esque hops, and a weird mineral pungency.

Taste is really nasty. The yeast and chemical/solvent background make this utterly unpalatable. A pilsener, in my mind, should be "clean," crisp, offer some mineral zest with a sharp, tangy yeast/break background. This is just unpleasantly jumbled and ... I must throw that word out there again ... chemical flavored.

AVoid.

Overlord, Mar 15, 2010
Samuel Adams Noble Pils from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)