Samuel Adams Noble Pils - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Noble PilsSamuel Adams Noble Pils

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Czech Pilsener |  4.90% ABV

"Samuel Adams® Noble Pils is brewed with all 5 Noble hops for a distinct hop character and fresh taste. Deep golden in color with a citrusy hop aroma, Samuel Adams Noble Pils is a traditional Bohemian Pilsner. The honeyed malt character from traditional Bohemian malt is balanced by delicate yet pronounced citrus, floral, and piney notes from the Noble hops. The winner of our 2009 Beer Lover's Choice® election, this beer was chosen by over 67,000 drinkers for its crisp complexity and refreshing taste."

(Beer added by: schellsbeer on 12-20-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Noble Pils Alström Bros

DTown, Jun 17, 2012

BillyCannon, Jun 15, 2012

dreis, Jun 15, 2012

JPMcKirk, Jun 15, 2012
3.8/5  rDev +1.1%

A: Pale golden straw, crystal clear, white foamy cap with some lacing.

S: Some pale/hay malts, hint of herbal/floral hops.

T: Grassy/floral hops right off the bat, some lemon/citrus sweetness, nice biscuity/cereal maltiness, finishes with a very fresh and crisp spicey herbal hop finish.

M: Very light and refreshing, solid flavors for such a session brew. The ultimate hot weather/tailgate lager. Well carbonated.

O: A great take on the style, awesome brew from sam, one of best tasting "chuggable Beers"

BigCheese, Jun 15, 2012
3.98/5  rDev +5.9%

One half notch lower on the bitterness, and I would rate it 4.5, but maybe I should reconsider due to the complexity of the hops.

I know: it's a pilsner, but it seems even lighter than many high-quality pilsners. Great quality hop flavor, but too much for me. Hops quality hits me after breathing through the nose after a drink: filled my mind with the fine sweetness of fresh hops in hand- a fragrance released upon warming the in the mouth and one like no other commercial beer I've had. I can see different hop qualities as the temperature of the beer changes.

Bought at a Wal-Mart. I'll try it on tap and in bottle somewhere else to see if there is a favorable difference. The malt flavor is excellent: strange for me because with this kind of malt flavor is usually in a slightly heavier feeling beer.

I'd say this is a compliment to a brewer using great ingredients. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, these hops could turn if the beer is old or not handled properly. I will update after trying again.

Pluses: hop quality, aroma, and malt flavor.

Minuses--slight: Too light (for me--I know I'm talking subtle differences in a narrow spectrum) and just over the edge in bitter. Maybe that's what it takes to get the full complexity of extraordinary hops this beer has. Makes me want to go to Boston just to try it fresh off the keg.

ebinizer, Jun 14, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

Yourneighborsdog, Jun 14, 2012
4.4/5  rDev +17%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a bottle into a Sam Adams pint glass. Served at celler temp because my beer fridge iced over nd warmed up a bit. I typically like this style in the low 40's but what the hell.

A: Crystal clear straw color indicative of this style. Head disappeared pretty quick but left some lacing.

S: Mostly malty but with quite a bit of hop complexity. For some reason I am thinking pizza when I huff this, I dont know why.

T: Very very good. Nice balance of hops and malt. Pretty much perfect.

M: Perfect amount of carbonation for this style. Light body. Very nice for summer.

O: My favorite summer beer so far. I am suprised how Sam is still producing such a quality product with how main stream they are getting. Remember back when they were one of the few craft beers you could find? Heck, I started drinking crafts on Sam, they even got me interested in home brewing with that contest they host. Now they are one of the big boys imo, yet the still continue to produce miracles like this Noble Pils. Im adding Sam Adams brewery tour to my bucket list.

bigolbeerbelly, Jun 14, 2012

jbowes, Jun 14, 2012

swinyeju, Jun 13, 2012
3.95/5  rDev +5.1%

I got a bottle of Samuel Adams Noble Pils in their summer variety pack for $12.99 at Krogers. A Pilsener is sounding pretty good right now, I think I had this beer once or twice a while ago, but I don't remember how it was, so lets see what I think about it now. Best by October. Poured from a brown 12oz glass into a Pilsener glass.

A- The label looks good, with a bright green background and some nice hops in the background it has a fresh harvest theme to it. It poured a pretty clear nice slightly pale golden color that took on a brighter golden color when held to the light and it had three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thin layer that stayed till the end and left some nice rings oflacing. This is a proper looking Pilsener, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts of with some pale malts that have a higher amount of sweetness and impart a sweet, honey, bready, grainy, biscuit, and a slight caramel like aroma. Next comes the hops which show up nicely and impart some floral, spicy, and earthy hops flavors with a little more sweet grain aromas towards the end. The aroma was good and it had some nice balance between malts and hops but the sweetness is a little overpowering.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma, it starts off with a good amount of pale malts that have a much lower amount of sweetness, it's still a little sweet but I think it has just the right amount, the malts impart some grain, bread and honey flavors with the biscuit flavors sticking out the most. Next comes the hops which have floral and spicy flavor which makes for a good and tasty combination. On the finish it had a pretty light amount of medium bitterness and a grainy, spicy, and biscuit like aftertaste. I like the flavor of this beer, it's clean, pretty balanced, and true to style.

M- Very smooth, clean, crisp, refreshing, on the lighter side of medium bodied, with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel worked very well with this beer and was very true to style, I really liked it.

Overall I thought that this was a good beer that impressed me a little and I thought that it was a good example of a proper Czech Pilsener, this was a very clean and crisp beer that did a great job in keeping true to the style. This beer had great drinkability, it was very smooth and it had enough nice and clean flavors to hold my attention, I could see drinking two or three of these when in the mood for an easy drinking Pilsener. What I liked most about this beer was the clean flavors, the mouthfeel, and the great drinkability, they were all really well done and made this a good beer. What I liked least about this beer was the high amount of sweetness in the aroma, it could be toned down a little to make the aroma more appealing. I would actually buy this beer again on it's own, I think it would make for a nice beer to take to a bbq or to drink on the disc golf course, I wouldn't rule out buying some of this when in the mood for an easy drinking Pilsener. I was actually a little impressed with this beer, I don't remember liking it that much when I first had it, but now that I have more experience in the style i can appreciate how crisp and clean this beer really is. Samuel Adams did a good job with this beer and made one solid Czech Pilsener, but I still think that Short's Pontius Road Pilsener is my favorite of the style, it was just a little more flavorful and aromatic, but I think this one is crisper and easier drinking, so they are both good in their own right. This is one solid beer overall.

StoutHunter, Jun 13, 2012

God how Ive missed this (especially since Alpine Spring went on).

As with the other SAs ive had tonight-light yellow body and decent white head.

The smell is exactly what I remember and more. I get lots of malt (I used to think this one was hoppy HA), but theres a good amount of bittering hops in the smell as well. I cant get some slight pine and citric hops, but not much.

its got more of a hoppy characterstic than other Czech Pils, but its not like an IPA, which is really what people need to remember here. This isnt Green Flash, Founders, or RR. Its a Czech Pils. Its meant to be a light beer with a good bit of noble hops in there for good measure. You get all of this. I get a hint of pine and fruit in there, but for some reason I thought I was getting resinous stuff but thats what I was missing. I think it would go along way if it could have some dank and resinous hop characteristics.

Very well done American session beer.

VncentLIFE, Jun 13, 2012

anwo56, Jun 12, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

Beermazter310, Jun 11, 2012
3.75/5  rDev -0.3%

gunclubchris, Jun 11, 2012
4.4/5  rDev +17%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: A muted golden color. Poured a two finger head that dissipated rather quickly, however a nice half finger head lingered throughout. Moderately carbonated. A very enticing looking beer.

S: Some breadiness is coming through. I can't smell too much hops but there is a bit of a piney earthy quality.

T: The taste is great. Starts a bit sweet, like honey, then blends into a piney, floral flavor. It ends in a sweet honey citrus and a tad bitterness on the end. Very nice flavor, makes me want to take another sip.

M: Springy carbonation, very easy to drink. Crisp.

O: One of my favorite pilsners. its light yet complex. Goes down easy. very sessionable. I personally find this beer delicious and now that it is a year round brew i'm excited that i can pick this up anytime!

schwemjw, Jun 11, 2012

ccozzi, Jun 11, 2012

dugly2ugly, Jun 10, 2012

6demonbag, Jun 10, 2012
Samuel Adams Noble Pils from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)