Infinium - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

InfiniumInfinium

poor

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Bière de Champagne / Bière Brut |  10.30% ABV

(Beer added by: LtCracker20 on 12-04-2010)
View: Beers (128) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Infinium Alström Bros
ScottyDuzntNo

4.5/5  rDev +39.3%

05-14-2013 02:06:43 | More by ScottyDuzntNo
buyBinboaVodka

4.13/5  rDev +27.9%

This is my second bottle of this. I stored this in my cellar and I have to say it was better this time.
Best by July 2011

A - Poured from the bottle into a tall wine glass. Color is light cloudy amber similar to that of apple juice. Huge white head that bubbles and takes a while to calm down. Leaves minimal lacing around the glass and bubbles can be seen rising from the bottom of the glass.

S - This hits hard with bready yeast and sweet fall fruits such as apples, pears, and light orange citrus. Some maltyness shines through as does some spicy aromas. The smell seems to lightly cleanse the palate before each sip.

T - I get the sweetness of the apple cider flavor upfront followed by some dry spice hoppines towards the end of the sip. It seems to work well in balance. Nothing feels out of place or too unbalanced.

M - Very sweet up front with high levels of carbonation then winding down to a dry spicy finish that leaves the mouth refreshed.

O - I really enjoyed this beer. I love fine wine and this reminds me of it. Why should all beers be polished off right away. The fact that the bottle was split 2 ways of the course of a 4 course meal speaks volumes of what they were trying to do here. I got to enjoy a beer that I want more of that I don't think I will have for a while. It was a treat so to speak. I think looking past the hype and enjoying it in the right settign would make the experiance more enjoyable.

07-04-2011 14:28:00 | More by buyBinboaVodka
outdoorbrewer

1.5/5  rDev -53.6%

Beautiful bottle presentation by the collaboration of two world class breweries, Sam Adams and Weihenstephan. I was shocked by the brew that it held. I know they can do better.
This Biere poured light colored and fizzy with minimal head. Kind of looked like Champagne. The aroma and flavor were amiss. Strong diacetyl and a sourness that appears to be Lacto induced. Bottle given to us but couldn't drink it even though free beer is supposed to taste best. Is this what the brewers wanted?

03-24-2011 00:15:39 | More by outdoorbrewer

bwilson1730

3.75/5  rDev +16.1%

09-03-2012 14:49:37 | More by bwilson1730
ricchezza

Lot's of hype and anticipation for this beer. Saved it for New Years Eve.

Poured into a champagne flute and got a nice thick, small-bubble, head.
Initial thought on aroma was of sweet apple; though as it warmed in the glass the yeast definitely took over.
Highly carbonated in the glass, but a very smooth mouth feel. Easily drinkable.
I also (maybe due to the smell) perceived a bit of an apple taste at first. That didn't last too long. Very little to no hop presence.

Prior to drinking this I read throughout beeradvocate of Infinium compared to a cheat malt liquor. If this was put in a blind taste test with a 40 oz. of St. Ides I'd be curious to see the results. However, for $20 a pop I don't think I'll be buying another Infinium. At least not the 2010 (and if it took them 2+ years to develop this one I doubt 2011 will be any better).

I did give points in appearance for the bottle!

01-03-2011 14:31:01 | More by ricchezza
jeffaz02t

Arizona

2.8/5  rDev -13.3%

A- Very filtered and has a crisp look. Nice foam at first but goes down rather quickly. There is a nice Belgian-looking foam that remains in a circle throughout the life if this glass of beer.

S- Sweet, almost berry-like quality. Banana is also evident. Slight hop stank as well.

T- Just like another reviewer, DPFRD, states, this beer starts banana and then goes into a sour apple taste. Ends with a slight hop bitterness.

M- Medium-low bodied beer, VERY carbonated, not in a bad way though.

D- Too sweet to be very drinkable. This is one beer that I could have one, but anything more would be too much for me.

Notes: Very interesting beer, for sure. However, if you take the price, and then look at how enjoyable this beer is, I feel that it is not worth the $20+ price. Some who enjoy a sweeter beer may likely enjoy this more. This is unique for sure.

12-24-2010 13:51:16 | More by jeffaz02t
wowbagger

3.7/5  rDev +14.6%

To start, I'm a fan of the brewery but came into this one pretty skeptical since I'm not a fan of champagne. It pours bubble like champagne with what I'd call "foam" rather than head and is a pale yellow.

The smell is enticing, fruit, sugar, orange maybe and a brightness that's hard to describe. The flavor though confused the heck out of me for a while. It's sweet, almost like caramel. For a while I couldn't pin down what it was like until it hit me; it reminds me very much of tasting unfermented homebrews (wort). This strikes me as pretty odd. I can't say that's a bad thing but I didn't think either beer or champagne should taste that way.

Overall, I was surprised by Infinium. It was much better than I expected though I can't see drinking it regularly. It's very much worth a try though since it's so different from the rest of their products.

01-03-2012 15:38:08 | More by wowbagger
djbow

Maryland

3.6/5  rDev +11.5%

Infinium is a unique Champaign like brew that is unlike any other beer I have consumed. It pours with a big white fizzy head and has a nice clear, soft golden hugh. The tast is very crisp and dry sort of like Brut sparkling wine. Overall, this beer is a close to Champaign that beer will ever get and is quite a remarkable thing when you consider that it is made with only German Purity Law ingredients. Enjoy with an open mind.

Serving Glass = Champaign flute.

Serving Temp = 40 F.

2.5/5  rDev -22.6%

01-12-2012 16:27:29 | More by Ruger44
AmyfaceNYC

3.94/5  rDev +22%

I am surprised that other reviewers didn't enjoy this beer as much as I did. This is the first Bière de Champagne that I can remember drinking and I personally really enjoyed the style. It is very sweet, but I thought the sweetness was well complemented and balanced by the champagne-type mouthfeel, which made this go down easy for me (even with the high alcohol) and made the beer stand out from others. I'm not even a huge fan of champagne, but this beer seemed to me to combine the best of both champagne (delicate mouthfeel, gentle sweetness) and beer (stabilizing malt base). Would love to drink more of this, or try more beers in this style.

06-02-2014 10:16:21 | More by AmyfaceNYC
Ambiorix

Kentucky

4.35/5  rDev +34.7%

A: Bright copper, bubbly pour with a dense, pillowy white head.

S: Vinous, fruity, clean malt aroma. Bready. Slightly floral delicate hop nose.

T: Biscuity malt, slightly fruity, nice hop flavor. good level of hop bitterness to the finish which was refreshing and dry. Very champagne-like.

M: Bubbly, medium full mouthfeel.

D: Very tasty. A nice balance between malt and hops. The alcohol content was well-hidden--no heat or solventy notes. I enjoyed it, though I don't know if I'd add it to my cellar collection.

01-02-2011 15:39:53 | More by Ambiorix
bgfresh

Oklahoma

11-10-2012 02:36:10 | More by bgfresh
ekardz

Georgia

2.8/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

reviewed from notes on 1/3/11

moderate pour leaves foamy head on golden color beer that quickly recedes and had lots of carbonation, looks alive and inviting. Smell some hops, smell some wine like notes, floral and perfumy. Tastes citrusy floral, qualities like that of a traditional bavarian beer, but something is not working, i'm being thrown off. The beer is medium bodied, smooth finish, lots of carbonation, with a very weak middle, and strong on the front and back ends. Infinium is drinkable, yes, but not really interested in trying again, but a must have at least once.

01-12-2011 03:10:36 | More by ekardz
Infinium from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)