Infinium - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

InfiniumInfinium

poor

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Bière de Champagne / Bière Brut |  10.30% ABV

(Beer added by: LtCracker20 on 12-04-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Infinium Alström Bros

cougarbait, Jan 09, 2012

IrishColonial, Jan 06, 2012

Codytucker13, Jan 06, 2012

JulianBaughman, Jan 06, 2012
3.4/5  rDev +5.3%

Finally got to try this infamous beer NYE 2011.

750 ml C&C.

Bubbly head fills the glass, pouring just like a champagne. The head is bone white in color and frothy and sticky. It settles to a thin, protective cover. Clear, golden body.

Big yeast profile, earthy and very fruity, with aromas of pears and blueberries. Citrus also starts to show through. Agave nectar and slightly nutty.

Very fruity, with flavors of apples, pears and treacle. Some earhu yeast and caramel. Huge malt profile, and somewhat sickly sweet. Slow alcohol burn on the finish.

I can see why this is a devisive beer. This is not what I expected flavor wise at all. Based on the style, I was expecting dry and crisp. This was more fruity and malty. The sweetness was a tad much, especially having the bottle to myself. That said, I don't see this as the horrible beer that it's made out to. I'm glad it was a gift, and maybe that plays a part, but I still enjoyed it.

litheum94, Jan 05, 2012

Faina, Jan 05, 2012

jnr011, Jan 04, 2012

kevgod, Jan 04, 2012
3.65/5  rDev +13%

Enjoyed this bottle with a great group of friends on NYE 2010.

This brew looked very nice coming out of the bottle. This brew had a very nice straw like, gold color. The bubbles were heavy, and there was a nice bright white head, but not retention or lace remained.

The aroma on this brew was something different. It was very pleasant. There is a bit of a tropic aroma, bananas and pineapples. There is a bit of wheat and yeasty scents as well. It was nice, but nothing out of this world, kind of expected a bit more. Still nice though.

The flavor is bready and has a bit of a hefeweizen base to it. There is a nice punch of banana and pineapples. Along with a whole other mix of spices, especially some grasses and black pepper. It has a bit of a alcohol punch that kinda kills the flavor, but it does have decent sweet finish.

The mouthful is sparkling and the drinkability is pretty high, for a brew that comes in about 10.3% ABV. I saw a bunch of reviews, saying this brew was a dissapointment, I think otherwise. I think the bottle is a bit over prices, but it was a good brew. The heavy hit of alcohol in does kill the flavor a bit, but it was something as a decently new craft brew person, that I enjoyed. I would drink again, not sure if I would be willing to pay that price though. A nice effort and collaboration by Sam Adams and Weihenstephaner.

(Update - Had a 2011 bottle this year, not much of a change though, got the bottle as a gift so that why I had it again. A side note would be however, that it had a much heavier Pineapple presence this year that was strong throughout the drink)

mattgreger, Jan 04, 2012

Pellinore1, Jan 04, 2012

dogfishandi, Jan 04, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +39.3%

WaydeRafnel, Jan 03, 2012

throwback, Jan 03, 2012
3.1/5  rDev -4%

Got this as a gift for a friend (luckily he shared it with me!) otherwise, I don't I would buy this for myself.

Pours a golden straw color, with a white head at first, but soon dissipating. Lots of bubbles, but to be expected. Has a light pilsner malt, with a slightly hoppy aroma. Tastes like malty syrup (almost similar to wort), but not as sweet as some people has remarked. The hops are mild both in bitterness and aroma flavor. I was surprised that it was 10.3%! Almost nothing on the nose or tongue.

This beer was decent. but at that price-point I guess I was expecting something magical.

I would not buy this again.

theyellowdart, Jan 03, 2012
3.7/5  rDev +14.6%

To start, I'm a fan of the brewery but came into this one pretty skeptical since I'm not a fan of champagne. It pours bubble like champagne with what I'd call "foam" rather than head and is a pale yellow.

The smell is enticing, fruit, sugar, orange maybe and a brightness that's hard to describe. The flavor though confused the heck out of me for a while. It's sweet, almost like caramel. For a while I couldn't pin down what it was like until it hit me; it reminds me very much of tasting unfermented homebrews (wort). This strikes me as pretty odd. I can't say that's a bad thing but I didn't think either beer or champagne should taste that way.

Overall, I was surprised by Infinium. It was much better than I expected though I can't see drinking it regularly. It's very much worth a try though since it's so different from the rest of their products.

wowbagger, Jan 03, 2012
3.43/5  rDev +6.2%

Had this Saturday night rather than champagne.Poured into a pilsner glass a straw hazed color with spritzy head atop,pretty much what was expected.Aromas are light with toasted bread and some pear notes,flavors are decent but they became a little to sweet after awhile.Caramel/butter flavors mixed with some greenapple-like tartness,the alcohol began to creep and bring the sweetness level way up after about mid bottle.Not as bad in my opinion as many others think but it's not great by any means and overpriced,glad I tried it.

oberon, Jan 03, 2012

duceswild, Jan 03, 2012

AWS2111, Jan 03, 2012
Infinium from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)