Samuel Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry Chocolate BockSamuel Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Bock |  5.80% ABV

(Beer added by: Slatetank on 04-11-2011)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock Alström Bros

1.45/5  rDev -58.2%

I can only guess that the reason this beer is getting decent scores is that there are a lot of people who can drink a large quantity of soda in a single sitting. The color is nice, it looks like a proper bock, but that's about it. The mouthfeel is thin, the aroma is overly sweetened cherries, the taste is like cherry coke gone off. Poured it down the drain after giving it a couple of tries. Very disappointed as I usually love the offerings from Boston Beer.

1.5/5  rDev -56.8%

I guess this is a polarizing beer, some people love it. I downright hated it. I took several sips from it and couldn't get past that. It came with the Winter seasonal mixed pack and to be honest I was skeptical to begin with because I don't really like cherries and this one is loaded with that sour cherry taste. If you like chocolate covered cherries that are sour then you might like this. Its was the worst of both worlds to me. It was a bad dark beer mixed with a bad cherry Lambic or something like that. I just felt this was one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. But, to each his/her own, someone may love that about it. I am not enamored by this one. I do like most of this breweries beers that I have tried. They are not overly wonderful, but this one was just nasty.

1.58/5  rDev -54.5%

Surprised by the rating this is getting. Total drain pour for me, taste is very artificial cherry. Like cough syrup and the bad taste lingers. Not picking up chocolate at all, to over powered by the bad cherry flavor. Very disappointed in this one, was the one I was wanting to try most from the variety pack

1.6/5  rDev -53.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours out a dark brown/ruby body. Smell: maraschino cherry juice, almond extract, and chocolate flavoring. Tastes like a cherry Coke with chocolate flavoring. Lots of maraschino cherry syrup. Mouthfeel is flabby yet sticky. Needs more carbonation. I preferred the Chocolate Bock. I'm getting no bock characteristics between the cherry and chocolate.

1.75/5  rDev -49.6%

1.75/5  rDev -49.6%

Appearance: A dark dark beer, not much head on the pour, and no bubbling is obvious. This looks the way it should.

Smell: Strong smell of cherry, and no so much any malt or hops.

Taste: Just cherry.

Mouthfeel: very high in carbonation, but a light beer. This is an okay combination.

Overall: I would attempt to avoid this.

1.81/5  rDev -47.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.5

Had this in the fridge awhile now.

A:: Dark cocacola color, head is a dark reddish brown. Head immediately died, no lacing.

S: smell is remniscent of cherry coke and a little bit of cough syrup. Its tough to get much past the cherry.

T: This is awful. Tastes like cough syrup. I get a little bit of milk chocolate in the end, but the initial tart cherry is gross. Reminds me of the cranberry lambic, sam was smart to kill that. The chocolate flavor has a very milky chocolate taste, not the deep coca often associated with stouts. This is awful.

M: I'm too distracted to notice.

O: Drain pour, its really bad, sams is usually good but I often hate their synthetic flavored fruit beers. Stay away unless you enjoyed cranberry lambic.

Samuel Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)