SAVOR Flowers - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

SAVOR FlowersSAVOR Flowers

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Scottish Gruit / Ancient Herbed Ale |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: Thorpe429 on 06-05-2011

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 66 | Reviews: 30
2.36/5  rDev -28.7%

I had the opportunity to try this beer at a beer tasting at my uncle Peters place. This was a bottle Thijs brought with him. Thanks Thijs for sharing.

A - An orange looking liquid with a very, very thin white head. No visible carbonation.

S - A cough drop liquor smell, with some honey sweet & laurel odor.

T - A cough drop liquor, a lot of anise and sugar is added to this beer. I doesn't make me a fan.

M - A medium carbonation with a medicinal aftertaste.

O - Not my style and not my taste.

2.36/5  rDev -28.7%

"Thanks" to Bmoyer0301 for bringing this one to our IPA day celebration. I was intrigued to try this one, oh boy was I let down.

A - Pours clear pinkish orange with a small one finger tall white head, dissipating down to a light film, leaving very light lace down the glass.

S - Smells of TONS of flowers, honey, and herbs. Maybe a little tea creeps in as it warms but this one is really all about the flowers it seems.

T - Here is where we start to go WAY down hill. Starts off with some light honey sweetness quickly giving way to a HUGE flower kick that will not go away. Some light herbal qualities try to break the flower blockade but it is no use. The finish is a mix of dryness and even more flowers.

M - Medium body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Pretty dry with tons of flowery feel. Not good at all.

O - Well this one was a HUGE letdown. I never really thought it would be great but I at least expected it to be good, not so much. One of the worst beers I have ever had from either SA or Dogfish.

2.31/5  rDev -30.2%

750 mL bottle shared by Thorpe429 via drabmuh via Satan.

Pours a clear oily pinkish copper with minimal head. Yuck. This is the best part of the beer. "It's definitely the clearest of all the beers" says someone in our tasting group.

Aroma of rose, hibiscus, vileness, honey, molasses, soul decomposition, and alcohol. Puke.

Flavor is reminds me of drinking the water of the last batch of flowers I bought a girl trying to salvage a lost relationship with a splash of honey. Rose, hibiscus (again), grass and molasses. Sadness and despair. Booze and awkwardness.

Full bodied and moderate fine carbonation. Oily and slick with a floral, finish. It elicits puke-y emotions.

"When you're drinking Savor Flowers, you just have to own the fact that it's not going to work out," says another tasting partner. Oh well.

2.18/5  rDev -34.1%

A mixture of metals color, bronze, gold and copper. Small 1/4" white head on the top of it, nothing in the way of lace or retention, but I don't think gruits are supposed to? Definitely delivers flowers part of the aroma, smells like a chick's bathroom. Flowers, potpourri type of stuff.

Taste, tastes like a chick's bathroom. I hope you like flowers, because this must be just like taking one of those crazy fan two hose beer funnels, taking a blue moon in one hand and a vase full of flower water in the other and bonging them at once.

This is what peeps drank back in the old days? I think not. Unless like, every chick was super hot back then, and you never needed to drink to make 'em less um, I mean, their personalities better.

No way man, people were tough back in the day, you would have gotten your ass kicked for drinking this stuff.

2.18/5  rDev -34.1%

Tasted at Savor on June 3rd.

Appearance is dark pink-redish with minimal head.

Smells like flower oils or flower water, fairly pleasant but the complete lack of malt or hop smell isn't encouraging.

Tastes nothing like beer. Sweet and flowery. Kind of like drinking hooka water with sweet n low and some vodka after smoking rose tobacco.

Mouthfeel was moderate with fine carbonation, somewhat slick. This was probably a good thing but it didn't save the beer for me.

It was interesting and I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't buy it.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
SAVOR Flowers from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)