Samuel Adams White Ale - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams White AleSamuel Adams White Ale

good

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Witbier |  5.20% ABV

Was a Spring seasonal, now a Fall/Winter seasonal.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-30-2003)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams White Ale Alström Bros

Imsothirsty, Jan 27, 2012

Highgrade, May 01, 2014

baconman91, Jun 01, 2012
1.73/5  rDev -50.3%

pours copper gold with a 1 finger head that faded fast and left no lacing

smells has more of a lemon and light malt then anything else

taste is not even close to a wit - tangy pale malts sour lemon - SA should be ashamed to put this on the market

mouthfeel - boring - semi flat semi smooth

drinkability - this came in a winter sampler 12pack and i doubt i drink the other one

jsh420, Nov 01, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -49.7%

This is the most undrinkable beer I have ever tried.
It poured a nice golden color with a white thick head.
Smells of spices and floral hops.
Tastes like a spice cabinet. Way over powering on the spices. Nothing else can come through, no hops, no malts, just crazy spices.
Can't descrbe the mouth feel BECAUSE OF ALL THE SPICES!!!
I had to pour this one into the sink and I didn't even feel bad doing it.

AlesALot, Jun 07, 2008
1.75/5  rDev -49.7%

Bailey316, Jun 18, 2014
1.93/5  rDev -44.5%

I have to say that this beer is still in my fridge. Why? Well I kept drinking my better beers and restocking the better beers.

Now I see why, not to say that isn't a great beer, but defintely would be one I would seek out again.

Head is great. semi-thick

For a white ale it doesn't resemble white in color. It's a cloudy amber.

Taste: Different from what I am use to, you know when you have a beer and say this isn't that bad then when you have a few more you change your mind. So this could be a two beer limit.

mortarit, Jun 10, 2005

Rozyravens, Apr 15, 2012

gater_ade, Today at 03:55 AM

jfcaa193, Jan 30, 2012
2.03/5  rDev -41.7%

Hazy pale amber, moderately carbonated for the style. Curiously, there's no sediment in the bottle. A thin white head quickly settles to a collar.

Spices come through strongly on the nose. Coriander and orange peel with tangy wheat behind. Not much character from the yeast, and the spices are overdone.

Sweet and spicy on the palate: coriander, orange, sweet doughy malt. Tangy wheat, lemony citrus. Heavy-handed spice flavors make this pretty hard to drink. Medium body, spices linger into the finish, which is also somewhat slick and milky. Not dry enough to be refreshing.

Piss poor for the style, really nothing enjoyable about it. The combination of uncharacteristic sweetness and excessive spicing make this pretty hard to choke down.

largadeer, Mar 21, 2011
2.03/5  rDev -41.7%

A: pours a nice hazy browish golden color with white head and slight to moderate lacing
S: yeasty smell
T: im overwhelmed with the carbonation and am left with little taste in my mouth
M: too much carbonation leaves you with a dry feeling mouth
D: Its an ok beer nothing special and would drink it again if offered but i dont think i would buy it.

RMBoswell, Mar 19, 2006
2.08/5  rDev -40.2%

I had three beers today. The Abyss, Imperial Storm Trooper Stout, and this ... thing.

Pours a hazy white. Nice looking beer, pretty taste appearing. Smells like ... not much, actually. Maybe a hint of citrus.

Taste is almost nonexistent. Some citrus in there, maybe a lemony zest, but this is pretty darned close to carbonated water. Jut putrid. I'm surprised it's as highly rated as it is.

Overlord, Feb 02, 2008
2.15/5  rDev -38.2%

I tried this beer last night at my favorite watering hole (Summits in Sandy Springs). It pours into a barrel mug a strange orange color with a 1/4" head that lasts with decent lacing. Since I had just finished a AB Spring Heat Spiced Wheat, I felt a great sense of deja vu. I figured that Sam Adams would be a lot different. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The smell of this beer was far weaker and had a musty and grassy scent. The taste is of corn, stale marshmallows, earth, and has a backwash tanginess at the end that I didn't like. The mouthfeel was light to medium with a fizzyness to it. I don't think I will be drinking this beer anytime soon. This is my least favorite of the Sam Adams beers (and I love a great many of them).

TheEclecticGent, Mar 15, 2006
2.15/5  rDev -38.2%

Pours with a quickly dissipating head that leaves only a thin layer of foam in its wake. Beer is a pale golden with aslight amount of haziness. Aroma is a bit off-putting, with an odd chemically presence, slightly reminiscent of disinfectant that I have notices in other SA products. Taste reflects this odd presence as well. Mouthfeel is a bit thin, but has a decent level of carbonation. Overall, I was very disappointed in this effort, and had a similar reaction as I did when I sampled SA's Coastal Wheat.

bristol2120, May 11, 2011
Samuel Adams White Ale from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)