Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill LagerSamuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 08-18-2012

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev -30.6%

4.25/5  rDev +31.2%

2.5/5  rDev -22.8%

2.75/5  rDev -15.1%

2.5/5  rDev -22.8%

4.94/5  rDev +52.5%

Love this beer to death. I couldnt get enough of this beer in the variety pack. great blueberry beer one of the best blueberry beers i have ever had. I could drink this beer anytime anywhere all day long; Tastes so addictive. Blueberries Blueberries Blueberies what more can i say

3.25/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I was going to just pick up this single just to try but I got a six-pack because some friends were coming over. I don't think I'm a fan of fruit beers but here goes...

Poured from a 12 oz. brown bottle with the date code marked on the label (notched Sept) into a pint glass and I get 1/2 fingers of head.

A: Pours a straw color with 1/2 fingers of head that dissipates quickly to leave a covering on the top of my glass. Fairly good lacing for a lager.

S: I smell blueberries mostly. As the beer warms up there is smell the of dried grass and corn. It is not really unpleasant but the corn is a smell I have to question.

T: Taste follows smell. I taste blueberry big time and dry grass. It finishes bitter until the very end which is blueberries once again. It is not juicy like I would have maybe guessed it to be but more dry and refreshing.

M: Medium bodied and carbonated. Goes down good enough but this is not a beer that I could drink after a long hot AZ day in the sun.

O: This beer is ok. I have to say that the women who don't really like the smell of beer in general seem to enjoy the smell of this beer. For that I have to give it a little higher rating. Overall, it is not a beer that I would gravitate toward but it is drinkable.

3.5/5  rDev +8%

Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)