Luchesa Lager - Oasis Texas Brewing Company

Beer added by: bundy462 on 06-02-2014

Reviews by ToMakeEndsMeet:
4.75/5  rDev n/a

2.5/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Typical lager. Don't see anything special here. (48 characters)

3.62/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.25/5  rDev n/a

4.35/5  rDev n/a

Hazy gold. Great clean lager nose; bready malts and gentle, floral hops. Lightly sweet malts, floral hops, VERY solid bitterness. Dry finish with a long, lingering bitterness in the aftertaste. Crisp and light. Awesome beer. (229 characters)

3.2/5  rDev n/a

3.69/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3/5  rDev n/a

4.43/5  rDev n/a

One of the great unexpected CANsequences of The CANQuest (TM) is my establishment of ongoing trades with fellow CANsumers. My in-person trader, tone77, has moved away but the mighty JenRay down in Houston, TX keeps me in business. She only wants hoppy beers like APAs, AIPAs, DIPAs, but they are pretty easy to find in CANs and she knows that I am indiscriminate, so I get all sorts of CANs in return.

From the CAN: "OTXBC"; "High in the Hill Country"; "En[C]h[AN]ting. Ethereal. Fleeting. Luchesa Lager is brewed in the traditional Kellerbier style, where subtle malt notes marry with assertive Hallertau and Saaz hops."; "All Year Beer"; "Keep Cold"; "This En[C]h[AN]ting Beer Appears at Oasis Texas Brewing Co. 78732 Texas U.S.A."

The Crack! was loud and I was excited to initiate an inverted Glug. My pour created a finger of dense, bone-white head with excellent retention. Color was Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with just a hint of chill haze. Nose had a pronounced minty grassiness, proving that they were not kidding about the hops being "assertive"! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium. The taste had a very minty, hoppy cast and I was in love! Like JenRay, I like hop-forward beers, but I am okay with European hop strains and also with lagers, which she generally eschews. I was really having a tough time remembering that this is a lager with all of the hops involved. Finish was dry, but not gasping. I liked the cool feeling that it left in my mouth. Man, I would definitely have some of this in my cooler on Hula in the Coola Day (01 February, annually)! More, please. (1,579 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

3.34/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.17/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.2/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

On tap at a few places around Houston. Liberty Station and Premium Draught to name a few.

A: Pours a slightly hazed straw yellow color. A two finger white head forms with good retention, and light lace.
S: Cracker and biscuit like malts up front. That quickly turns to the great German hops. Spicy, herbal, floral. A very aromatic and lingering bitterness as well. Very enjoyable.
T: Like the nose, up front is a good malt bill. Biscuit malts are apparent. A bit sweeter than I was thinking, which is not bad. Again, the hops quickly take over. A nice spicy, floral and grassy and slightly herbal hop flavor. A bitterness lingers, but not over barring at all. The German hops work well here.
M/D: A light body that is perfectly crisp, finishes dry, and smooth at the same time. So easy to drink. All day with this one.

My first few impressions are very good. I can see this growing on me. The hop character reminds me of Hans Pils. I will be looking forward to having more. Well done. (986 characters)

3.85/5  rDev n/a

L: Clear gold. Excellent lacing, great white head with good retention.
S: Lager-ish. Malty.
T: Like it smells. Only fresher and a more drinkable version of a lager.
F: Light and smooth.
O: I like this style. The only other example I have had is Alpine Spring from Sam Adams. This and that are tasty. (299 characters)

3.75/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Luchesa Lager from Oasis Texas Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.