Vlaamsche Leeuw Blondje - De Proefbrouwerij (bvba Andelot)

Vlaamsche Leeuw BlondjeVlaamsche Leeuw Blondje

De Proefbrouwerij (bvba Andelot) visit their website

Belgian Pale Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: therica on 03-25-2006)
3.5/5  rDev -8.4%

mattfancett, Aug 26, 2014
3.85/5  rDev +0.8%

I had this one for a while now in my beerfridge. Bought it @ Vaccas's place in Adegem, Belgium. This guy had 1600 differrent beers in his shop.

Drank it together with Mrs. Brabander. Best before jan 2012.

Poured in my Struise glass the beer looks good, yellow fluid with a two finger white head. Really nice carbonation.

Smell of banana. This beer sparkles a bit too much in the mouth, the carbonation is (even for me) too strong. Taste of soft, good beer!

Brabander, Oct 30, 2011
3.95/5  rDev +3.4%

Bought this in Brugge at the Bottleshop, had it the next day after having it in the fridge.

The main reason for buying this beer was the label, as a Flemish patriot I could not not buy this. We also bought the goblet for the very same reason.
This beer poors a dark yellow with a huge head, carmel smell that reminded me of Karmeliet, and guess what, the flavor is very simular. Nothing wrong with this beer, nothing outstanding, my one complaint could be that there is absolutely no aftertaste at all.

yesferro, Jul 30, 2009

I bought a bottle of this in Brugge Belgium and brought it home on the flight, along with nearly 2 dozen other Belgian's. This one is very nice. It reminds me of a standard good ol' beer-- nothing overly flambouyant about it, but with a slight touch of mild sweetness quality mixed with a well-balanced and complimenting bitter-hops taste. It's a very nice balanced taste.

I'm not sure if this is the same stuff reviewed by others simply as Vlaamische Leeuw or not. That one says 5.2% alcohol and the one I'm drinking is 5.5%. The label simply says "BEER." It is stamped March 2004 so it's a year old. There's no category for simply "Belgian Beer" !!! I inquired of Todd on this site and he said just list it as whatever it most closely resembles-- so Pale Ale is about the only category even close. Here 'tis.

therica, Mar 25, 2006
Vlaamsche Leeuw Blondje from De Proefbrouwerij (bvba Andelot)
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.