San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) - San Miguel Brewery Inc.

San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho)
No picture uploaded.

Beer added by: stoutman on 01-20-2003

to view more.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 3
3.53/5  rDev n/a

Not sure if this was just the best of the bunch or if it is really that good, but after 2 weeks in the Philippines, this was a pretty decent beer and I only wish it was served throughout the country instead of just random spots.

A - poured into a small glass they served water in. Dumped the water and poured the bottle in. Nice pale golden color with a sticky foam head. Trailed the glass throughout the session.

S - Average, unable to pick up a lot, some possible floral tones but was sitting outdoors and the Philippines is full of nature. :S

T - NOTE: I might be a bit generous here, again, I was in the islands for 2 weeks before I stumbled across this beer. You will be hard pressed to find anything beyond San Miguel in the entire country. I occasionally ran across Colt 45 (random places and not sure why this was the alternative) and once upon a Coors (this was at the top of the mountain in Cebu). Otherwise, it was all San Miguel. This beer however, was the best of the bunch, by far. I enjoyed it. It was a very warm day, but the beer was nice and cold, very refreshing. It has some hop notes and grassy tastes.

M - Slight bubbly, smooth

I would be happy to drink this more often and even outside of the P.I. I've never seen it elsewhere, as far as I know, so I may not get to drink it again, but it was nice.

2.85/5  rDev n/a

It poured a nice gold color with about finger and three quarters of white head. The smell was really bland and it was not as bitter as the first time I tried it. It has more flavor than the Pale Pilsen that San Miguel offers.

I had this beer when I went back home recently and I'm not sure if they had changed the formula on it or if I had just a taste for it now. It's not the best of beers but it's one of the better ones locally. My suggestion, best served cold with a beautiful sunset on the beach.

2.85/5  rDev n/a

Light malt finish with hop accents. Very slightly (and almost imperceptably) different than the pilsen variety, except for the hop accents and malt finish. Bright-gold color with small hop nose, and a very ordinary dry hop flavor. Finishes just like it starts with a small malt and brief dry hop aftertaste. An enjoyable beer that is better than Budwieser when served cold.

to view more.
San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) from San Miguel Brewery Inc.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.