San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) - San Miguel Brewery Inc.

San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

San Miguel Brewery Inc. visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: stoutman on 01-20-2003

Reviews by beeroclock:
3.53/5  rDev +23.4%

Not sure if this was just the best of the bunch or if it is really that good, but after 2 weeks in the Philippines, this was a pretty decent beer and I only wish it was served throughout the country instead of just random spots.

A - poured into a small glass they served water in. Dumped the water and poured the bottle in. Nice pale golden color with a sticky foam head. Trailed the glass throughout the session.

S - Average, unable to pick up a lot, some possible floral tones but was sitting outdoors and the Philippines is full of nature. :S

T - NOTE: I might be a bit generous here, again, I was in the islands for 2 weeks before I stumbled across this beer. You will be hard pressed to find anything beyond San Miguel in the entire country. I occasionally ran across Colt 45 (random places and not sure why this was the alternative) and once upon a Coors (this was at the top of the mountain in Cebu). Otherwise, it was all San Miguel. This beer however, was the best of the bunch, by far. I enjoyed it. It was a very warm day, but the beer was nice and cold, very refreshing. It has some hop notes and grassy tastes.

M - Slight bubbly, smooth

I would be happy to drink this more often and even outside of the P.I. I've never seen it elsewhere, as far as I know, so I may not get to drink it again, but it was nice.

2.85/5  rDev -0.3%

Light malt finish with hop accents. Very slightly (and almost imperceptably) different than the pilsen variety, except for the hop accents and malt finish. Bright-gold color with small hop nose, and a very ordinary dry hop flavor. Finishes just like it starts with a small malt and brief dry hop aftertaste. An enjoyable beer that is better than Budwieser when served cold.

2.85/5  rDev -0.3%

It poured a nice gold color with about finger and three quarters of white head. The smell was really bland and it was not as bitter as the first time I tried it. It has more flavor than the Pale Pilsen that San Miguel offers.

I had this beer when I went back home recently and I'm not sure if they had changed the formula on it or if I had just a taste for it now. It's not the best of beers but it's one of the better ones locally. My suggestion, best served cold with a beautiful sunset on the beach.

San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) from San Miguel Brewery Inc.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.