San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) - San Miguel Brewery Inc.

San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho)
No picture uploaded.

San Miguel Brewery Inc. visit their website
Philippines

American Adjunct Lager |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: stoutman on 01-20-2003)
View: Beers (12) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by beeroclock:
beeroclock

United Arab Emirates

3.58/5  rDev +26.1%

Not sure if this was just the best of the bunch or if it is really that good, but after 2 weeks in the Philippines, this was a pretty decent beer and I only wish it was served throughout the country instead of just random spots.

A - poured into a small glass they served water in. Dumped the water and poured the bottle in. Nice pale golden color with a sticky foam head. Trailed the glass throughout the session.

S - Average, unable to pick up a lot, some possible floral tones but was sitting outdoors and the Philippines is full of nature. :S

T - NOTE: I might be a bit generous here, again, I was in the islands for 2 weeks before I stumbled across this beer. You will be hard pressed to find anything beyond San Miguel in the entire country. I occasionally ran across Colt 45 (random places and not sure why this was the alternative) and once upon a Coors (this was at the top of the mountain in Cebu). Otherwise, it was all San Miguel. This beer however, was the best of the bunch, by far. I enjoyed it. It was a very warm day, but the beer was nice and cold, very refreshing. It has some hop notes and grassy tastes.

M - Slight bubbly, smooth

I would be happy to drink this more often and even outside of the P.I. I've never seen it elsewhere, as far as I know, so I may not get to drink it again, but it was nice.

01-02-2013 17:35:36 | More by beeroclock
intoxabroad

Taiwan

10-08-2012 13:16:30 | More by intoxabroad
techtatu

2.88/5  rDev +1.4%

It poured a nice gold color with about finger and three quarters of white head. The smell was really bland and it was not as bitter as the first time I tried it. It has more flavor than the Pale Pilsen that San Miguel offers.

I had this beer when I went back home recently and I'm not sure if they had changed the formula on it or if I had just a taste for it now. It's not the best of beers but it's one of the better ones locally. My suggestion, best served cold with a beautiful sunset on the beach.

02-10-2009 22:17:51 | More by techtatu
stoutman

2.88/5  rDev +1.4%

Light malt finish with hop accents. Very slightly (and almost imperceptably) different than the pilsen variety, except for the hop accents and malt finish. Bright-gold color with small hop nose, and a very ordinary dry hop flavor. Finishes just like it starts with a small malt and brief dry hop aftertaste. An enjoyable beer that is better than Budwieser when served cold.

01-20-2003 11:04:37 | More by stoutman
San Miguel Gold Eagle (Mucho) from San Miguel Brewery Inc.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.