Follow our progress ...

Friar's Quad (with Brett) | New England Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Belgian Quad aged with Brett

Added by Todd on 02-22-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 20
4.39/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Sample poured from the infected keg, before it was taken up to EBF. Reviewed from notes. Thanks for helping me in my attempt to tick all things NEBCO, guys!

A: Clear chestnut brown body under a large, dense, persistent tan head. Great retention and lace. Great.

S: Aromatic Brett up front (good mix of tropical fruit and barnyard funk) with dark malts underneath. Plum, prune, cherry, and chocolate. Earthy minerality. Complex and great.

T: Fruitiness right away, rich malt in the middle, and a delicate balance of sweet-tart cherry and dry earthiness on the finish. Refined and excellent.

M: Smooth medium body with moderate, fine carbonation. A little spritzy, but ok.

O: I love what the base beer turned into with age, and the addition of some moderate Brett funk and dryness just added a couple interesting twists on a delightful Quad. I'd probably take the regular over the infected, but it would be close, and I'm really thankful I got to try this.

Cheers!

Friar's Quad (with Brett) from New England Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.