Fat-Ten-Er #8 - New England Brewing Co.

Fat-Ten-Er #8

Beer added by: CheapBeerBuzz on 06-27-2014

100% Equinox hops.
4.24/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at Prime 16. Pours a cloudy orange with a half inch of head. Some lacing. The aroma is dank and citrus hops. The taste is more dank hops with some herbal notes. Light orange peel. Very bitter. Finishes with more dank and resinous hops. A bit boozey. I'm shocked this isn't an Imperial IPA. Medium bodied with an oily mouthfeel. Overall, fantastic IPA that seems to be a bit like a Coriolis light. (403 characters)

4.49/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

32oz growler, enjoyed two days after being filled - my last growler fill as a local Connecticut resident. :(

A: Slightly hazy pale amber body under two fingers of dense, creamy off-white head. It leaves tons of lace, even on my plastic hotel room cup. Lovely.

S: Powerful, complex, and delightful hoppiness. Tons of citrus jumps out of the cup, letting me know even from a distance that this will be a joy. Closer inspection delivers resinous pine, mint, grapefruit pith, and white pepper. It's a bit different with each inhalation, but always enticing. Wonderful aroma.

T: Opens with fruity, piney, minty hops, followed by a distinctive touch of soft NEBCO malt - not sweet in the least, but always present to keep things grounded. The finish, though, is surprisingly bitter, spicy, and even a touch boozy. It's delicious despite the rather harsh finish, but not as drinkable as other NEBCO single IPAs.

M: Soft, lively medium body. Silky effervescence. Terrific.

O: This beer is awesome, but actually a trifle disappointing, if only because my expectations were so sky-high. I'm going to enjoy finishing off the growler tremendously, but I wouldn't quite put this in the league of FBD and Supernaut. I wish I'd thought to try it side-by-side with Sea Hag, and I really wish that I could still drop by to do those kinds of impromptu taste tests at my favorite craft brewery in the country.

Cheers! (1,405 characters)

Fat-Ten-Er #8 from New England Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.