Gandhi-Bot Double IPA - New England Brewing Co.

Gandhi-Bot Double IPAGandhi-Bot Double IPA

Wants: 1,189
New England Brewing Co. visit their website
Connecticut, United States

Beer added by: woosterbill on 04-02-2010

Gandhi-Bot is an intensely hopped Double India Pale Ale brewed with a blend of three varieties of American hops. This beer is brewed for those of us who need an aromatic and flavorfully hopped beer.

Reviews: 542 | Hads: 2,635

This is truly the best beer I've ever had...Had it uber fresh....14 hours (or so I was told). The first thing that hit me was the grapefruit aroma explosion. The most incredible aromatic beer ever. Mouth feel was slick & smooth buit not overly syrupy. My only complaint is that my wife liked it too....Now I need to double down. If you ever have a chance to score some of this, do it without hesitation. (403 characters)

A: Nice shade of burnt orange light white head good lacing on the glass

S: nice smells of citrus, mango, peaches very inviting smell

T: if you like huge juicy fruity beers this one knocks it out of the park. It up front tastes orangish then peachy then mangos and with a very light malt back bone just such a huge fruity hoppiness that makes you drool and can't wait for the next taste and finishes barely bitter then sweet

M: For being a double IPA this is on the lighter side of mouthfeel with a clean crisp finish with amazing aftertaste

O: I've had this on three very separate occasions and it is by far one of the best IPA or double IPAs they brew. it's worth searching out if you like juicy fruity hoppy beers (721 characters)

Simply the absolute best IPA for me. Perfect malt to hop balance. JUST dry enough of a finish to make me want another sip, with enough flavor to linger for a minute. "Love" in a can.
This is one of the beers that turned me on to ipa's in the first place. (255 characters)

Best DIPA ive ever had...plain and simple. Aroma is extremely tropical with beautiful pineyness. Pours a sticky white lacey head with dark tangerine color. Basically flawless beer in my opinion I just wish they would produce more of this beer in CT!!! Today I filled up two growlers and every time I am simply amazed (316 characters)

Got a fresh growler from the brewery And enjoyed it two days later back in PA. This beer has a unique style and taste and it's basically perfect. Beautiful hazy yellow pour, and a taste than more than matches the nose. I guess there are not enough reviews to make this a top 250 beer but imo it's an absolute top tier dipa. Beer should be rated 100. Also very cool vibe at the brewery. (386 characters)

Fresh Ghandi bot is essentially the perfect DIPA. Smell is floral, fruity, and citrusy. The taste is guava, papaya, mango with balanced malts and a bitter clean finish. Perfect.

A top 5 DIPA. Better than Heady imo. Right on a a level with Maine Beer Co Dinner. Fantastic beer. (277 characters)

Can poured into snifter.

A- Nice fuzzy orange hue with about a finger of white, frothy head. Lacing very apparent as well as medium carbonation.

S- Got these fresh and the smell was extremely intense. Lots of fresh fruit and flora on the nose. Tangerines, mango, pineapple and other citrus aromas. Not much malt presence at all. Just a hint of grass and pine, but this brew is over run by the fruity juice smell it gives off.

T- Follows the nose. Almost sweet it's so fruity. All the same fruits are present and are followed by a smooth, crsip finish without much dryness at all. A little biscuit and crackers are somewhere between the fruit and hint of pine. Leaves you wanting the next sip immediatley.

M- Very quenching and fresh tasting. More so than most IPAs and DIPAs Ive tried. For a DIPA, Id say this is mostly light bodied. Its very crisp, not much creaminess and not dry at all as it rolls off the tongue.

O- Probably my second favorite DIPA after Heady and Ive had most of the others. Underrated on BA in my opinion. Id put it at least in my top 20-30 range. Pretty hard to obtain, but it was well worth the driving and seeking I had to endeavor to obtain a couple 4 packs. Highly suggested, as is NEBC Sea Hag IPA. (1,253 characters)

Hands Down the Best Beer in Connecticut!!!

Top 3 IPA's I've ever had!!!

Top two can beers I've ever had!!!

This beer was once a Connecticut only brew and now New England is venturing off into NY. Lucky Them!!!

Just enough availability to it that its still rare, but you can get it enough that its not impossible. (316 characters)

Quite excited for this one. Robots.

A-Pours a hazy vibrant orange color. Bubbles incessantly rise and meet at the top where a puffy off-white head sits. The beer laces excellently leaving chunky spatter on the glass.

S-Potent herbal nose. Incredible orange and grapefruit aromas. This is a big boy beer, you can tell just from the smell. I get an almost onion-like scent which is surpring but it does not deter me. Overall, smells complex and super citrusy.

T-Big, bold, and assertive. Super-complex. You get huge citrus flavors throughout. Juicy grapefruit and orange. Good wallop of pine in here as well. You also get some potent herbal green flavors. I definately get some greep onion tastes. Grassy and oily as well. Resionous. Tastes natural. This beer is hop-foward without a doubt. Malts are there but are clearly not meant to steal the show. Love the unique flavors and the beers complexity is exceptional.

M-Medium bodied. Dry and decently bitter as well. Bubbly carbonation. Resinous.

D-Alcohol masked very well. It has that nice oily quality that I believe all DIPAs should have but it is not too bold. Very drinkable, considering how flavorful the beer actually is.

So happy to find this in a CT liquor store. I suggest you give this a try. Delicious.

——
5/16/12
On-Tap
This beer was absolutely at its peak on tap. I have had varying levels of excellence from the canned version of this beer. On-tap and fresh is blatantly and obviously where its maximum potential lies. Magnificent.

———
5/19/12
Cask
Perhaps the best median for this beer. The explosion of citrus is extraordinary. Simply amazing. Cask is the way to go for this beer. One of the best experiences I have had with a beer. (1,717 characters)

Served in a snifter at Armsby Abbey.

Beer pours a hazy burnt orange color with a creamy persistent white head. Heavy aroma of citrus - pineapple, tangerine, grapefruit and just enough malt to carry it. Taste is more of the same with the malts being just enough to balance the heavy load of hops. Medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. Overall, one of my favorite double IPAs that I always try to pick up whenever I "can". (441 characters)

Just one of my all-time favorite beers. When I lived in CT I could pick this up pretty regularly but in MA now, so it's been a while. I'll have to re-rate the next time I get lucky enough to find it. (199 characters)

Appearance- Golden/orange color and hazy as can be. Pours a one finger foamy head.

Aroma- Grapefruit, citrus, and maybe a little bit of malt sweetness. Mainly just a huge aroma of pungent fruit and floral hops.

Taste- Pungent grapefruit dominates the flavors of this with some acidic citrus and tangerine/orange showing up as well. Astringent fruits really make up the bulk of the flavors. Finish is balanced nicely by a pale bready flavored malt that cuts down on the acidic fruits and mild bitterness.

Feel- At 8.8% this dangerously easy to drink. Medium body, medium carbonation, and a clean finish for the most part.

Overall- My favorite beer without a doubt. No ipa or dipa has the intensity of grapefruit flavors as this and no dipa is as easy to drink as this. (779 characters)

This is a truly extraordinary IPA. Its my current favorite, hands down. Its an extremely well-balanced, heavily hopped, smooth, aromatic, double IPA. If you're only having one, save it for last. Once you have one, the next beer is bound to be a disappointment, unless its an even heavier beer, like a DFH 90. (308 characters)

S: Just bought this from Liquor Depot in New Britain,CT. on recommendation from beer guru Brian. Great call! Not much of a can enthusiast, but all I have to say is bravo!
A: Pours a hazy golden orange with a white fluffy head into my trustyChouffe Houblon chalice.
S: A fragrant aroma of citrus, grapefruit, and hops permeate the senses.
T: After the prerequisite hop slam, a crisp, clean, fresh flavor of citrus, grapefruit, and floral notes greet thetastebuds. At almost 9%; the ABV is hidden extremely well.
O: Overall, a phenomenal brew! This is truly a benchmark when it comes to Dipas. This would be a go to if it weren't so limited in availability. (656 characters)

This beer is definitely the best DIPA that I have had, in my opinion. It has a great fruity aroma that is experienced further in its taste. Excellently crafted and is definitely what I would envision to be a perfect DIPA. (221 characters)

Juicy, fruity, boozy....what's not to like? Easily one of the best breweries in the country. All their offerings are spot-on. Great people as well. All hail NEBCO!!! (165 characters)

4.99/5  rDev +16.9%

Beautiful beer, appearance is a slightly hazy orange ,pours a finger and a half of white, creamy head that retains very well, large, pronounced bubbles rise to the surface of the beer reinforcing the head. Aroma is FUll of spectacular hop notes. Tropical fruit notes off the hook. lots if Mango, pineapple, tangerines, slightest bit of floral character in the finish.
Taste- Tropical fruit notes upfront, just like in the aroma. Slightest touch of malt sweetness in the backbone. Zero hop bitterness and the 8.8 abv is undetectable.
Texture is very smooth, juicy upfront with medium carbonation, pleasantly bitter in the finish.
Overall- if i had access to this beer year round i would buy it whenever i possibly could. this is everything you could ask for in an Imperial IPA. (777 characters)

4.99/5  rDev +16.9%

Off the hook delicious. Recently a convert to the new England IPAs and DIPAs and WOW this is good. As I return to my normally available brews, not sure how they will rate.... (176 characters)

4.99/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured into a stemmed wineglass from the 12 oz. can(drove to the northernmost packie on 395 in CT that carries this in Putnam Ct to get this.

a: Deep orange color, small head with crazy graffiti level lacing.

s: Fresh hops, I've never smelled a beer quite like this. Most hoppy beer still smells roughly like beer, this is something else altogether. The is truly smells more like a hop pillow or newly arrived fresh hops. This aroma is totally new to me.

t: Much more balanced than expected. Nicely hidden alcohol, crisp hoppy taste, but very little aftertaste.

m: Moderate and smooth, the medium carbonation. Very balanced.

o: Amazing. At or near top of its class. I really wish they would expand distribution into Mass and would love to try their fuzzy baby ducks IPA. (777 characters)

WOOO!

thanks to the disc golf bros up north (Sjur!) for this one.

beutifull head and lacing. aroma is amazing and screams drink me now. mango, pine.
taste, fits the aroma, magnificent. mouthfeel is medium bodied and lingering, does not dry out until very late. super resiny. overall a freaking awesome beer. not to mention great artwork on the can. kudos to the makers of this fine liquid. this is one of the highest ratings I have given a beer in this category. comparable with Heady Topper and Hop Drop. a must have. (520 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.2%

A: Pours straw color - off white head.

S: Big hop aroma- citrus, very fragrent, grapefruit-imagine grabbing a handful of hops, rubbing them together in your hands and putting it up to your nose, outstanding!

T: The qualities of the aroma carry over to the taste. Great hop profile, citrus and piney. Finishes well and not overly bitter considering the intense hop flavor.

M: Nicely carbonated and well balanced.

O: One of my favorite beers - New England Brewing makes some of the best brewed beers and can easily compete with the big names in Craft Beer. (559 characters)

4.91/5  rDev +15%

10 oz pour on tap at the Madison Pour House in Albany, NY. Have had cans many times before, this is the first time I've experienced this classic IPA on tap.

Pours a dark orange, amber-ish color. Visible carbonation. Decent lacing and head.

The smell and taste are basically identical, and incredible. So much citrus, I could die. Tons of pineapple, mango, grapefruit, a bit of an almost orange creamsicle flavor as well. Intense hop bitterness lingers on the palate sip after sip, building up to a crescendo by the end. Mildly sweet, mostly dry, the way I like my IPAs.

Well carbonated, full mouthfeel.

What more can I say? Top 5 IPA made on the East Coast. Find at all costs. (681 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

hazy orange color with big juicy notes of heavy grapefruit and melon. Awesome taste and very crushable. One of my favorite double ipas to consume. Will be unfortunatly be re-named :( (182 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +14.5%

Found in an undisclosed location. Damn, this stuff is hard to find...

A: Orange body, thin white head. Slight lacing.

S: Nose is succulent hopitude. Do I detect Simcoe? Maybe so. This smells like heaven, if heaven allows hops.

T: Flavor is intense citrus hops with only a hint of malt. This is true West Coast IPA territory, but made in New England. I am getting pine-encrusted mango/ tangerine with a huge grapefruit bite. This seems Pliny-like in some respects, but less piney. I suspect Simcoe and Columbus hops are involved. However, this heavenly flavor is really very unique.

M: Thin, tart, toothstripping. Nice!

D: Ridiculously high. Quaffable even. It's hard to conceive that this beer is nearly 9%. This could be my new lawnmower beer, if I can ever find enough of this precious stuff to keep my fridge stocked.

Nice work New England! Please keep making this beer. It is instantly my favorite canned craft brew ever, that includes Maui Big Swell, a long time favorite. (983 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

damn near perfect in my book! great taste, mouthfeel, etc..never had lawsons... I could drink this every day of my life if nebco distributed to NJ!! Good Carbonation, head, lacing, very heavy citrus on the after taste, if I could have a growler 2x a week I would need a CT mule... Do not hesitate to try this. will stand up to any 2ipa in the country..no shit! (360 characters)

Gandhi-Bot Double IPA from New England Brewing Co.