Ghost Pigeon Porter - New England Brewing Co.

Ghost Pigeon Porter
No picture uploaded.

New England Brewing Co. visit their website
Connecticut, United States

American Porter |  5.80% ABV

(Beer added by: jimmy82063 on 02-04-2012)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

braugon, Mar 26, 2013
4.03/5  rDev -2.4%

Deep chestnut with a light brown thick head that recedes slowly. Low aroma of roasted malt and cocoa. Rich Flavors of roasted malt, cocoa and molasses, some espresso and smoke. Rich and full mouthfeel, a bit tannic. Overall, this is s really good beer. Another CT beer to be proud of.

far333, Nov 23, 2012

Bizoneill, Apr 26, 2013

ManMoosePig, May 19, 2014

George1799, Oct 19, 2013

ScottieD, Mar 02, 2013

RobDB, Oct 27, 2013

DanE, Oct 21, 2012
3.9/5  rDev -5.6%

Surprise (at least to me) from New England Brewing. Poured into a tulip glass.

A) Nice deep dark black, small tan head which quickly dissipates.

S) The nose gives off some coffee and chocolate also sense a slight bitterness.

T) Charred coffee, cocoa with some licorice undertones. This finishes with a nice hoppy bitternes (40 IBU's). I like this combination.

M) Smooth and thin which I think is representative of the style.

O) Nice to have found this tasty treat. Hopefully it goes into the rotation.

jimmy82063, Feb 04, 2012
3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

Obtained same-day in Woodbridge. Served in a pint.

Full disclosure, I must put it out there that I'm trying Ghost Pigeon for the first time only a few days after drinking Hill Farmstead's Everett and, as much as I'd like to review this beer independently, I know Everett will become my inevitable comparison.

A: Silky black with a cream head. Well done.

S: Milky chocolate.

T: Almost sour like a milk stout but not quite. Chocolate overpowers with a distinct milky-ness. Pleasant and drinkable.

M: This is where Everett comes in. Mouthfeel is one of the many things Hill does so very perfectly. Everett is silky, supple, and smooth. Unfortunately, Ghost Pigeon is a bit too watery for my taste and doesn't stack up in this category.

O: That said, I love NEBCo., and I was excited to try this beer as the first non-canned brew of theirs that I've had. I was not in any way disappointed, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes stouts or porters and NEBCo. And, despite the fact that it pales in comparison to the aformentioned unfair comparison, it is extremely pleasant and drinkable. However, I'd probably get Gandhi if I had the choice again.

BTVflatlander, Oct 19, 2013

MenardMa, Dec 31, 2013

Massbmx, Oct 25, 2012

Mersh, Dec 24, 2013
4.15/5  rDev +0.5%

On tap at New York Pizza. Pours a dark brown/black color with a half inch of dark brown frothy head. Lots of lacing. Aromas of roasted malts, light and sweet coffee, dark chocolate and caramel. The taste is a nice blend of chocolate, caramel and coffee flavors, with the coffee being the most prominent. Roasted malt finish mixed with some chocolate. Lightly carbonated. Overall, solid porter with a nice blend of flavors. Worth grabbing.

PicoPapa, Nov 06, 2012

LagersAndAles, Dec 09, 2013

bigedct, May 08, 2013

JTomczak, Oct 24, 2013

bccrosley, Nov 22, 2013
4.18/5  rDev +1.2%

Poured on tap into a mug from my fridge in the cellar. The beer pours a deep brown hue with creamy cascading tan head that recedes to a sturdy surface layer and leaves dense tightly packed latticework on the glass after each sip.
Aroma is rich roasted malt and just a bit of dark cacao mixed in for good measure. I dont really get much hop profile on the nose.
First sip reveals an average body with smooth texture and gentle mild carbonation.
The flavor is similar to the nose with mostly roasted malt and some dark chocolate, but I get hits of coffee bean here that I didnt notice on the nose.
Again no hop hits and no signs of booze anywhere. This is a smooth drinking tasty porter that I am glad I have a sixtel of in the basement. I could, and have been drinking this every night and it still makes me smile with each glass.

sulldaddy, Dec 19, 2012
Ghost Pigeon Porter from New England Brewing Co.