Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA - New England Brewing Co.

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPAFuzzy Baby Ducks IPA

New England Brewing Co. visit their website
Connecticut, United States

(Beer added by: woosterbill on 06-21-2012)
Reviews by Hendry:
4.88/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Out of the blue April release from NEBCO to the delight of their customers: a million thanks to Smutty for braving the lines and for the fresh growler filled 4/16/14 and arrived/consumed 4/18/14.

Gorgeous cloudy apricot pour (there is nothing like the look of an unfiltered IPA), generous two finger Navajo white head that recedes to a nice cap with lacing abound in the Lawson's tulip. Great start.

Aroma is quite juicy and hop forward. My nose picks up clementines and peaches with a nice sweetness about it that faintly resembles a freshly baked cinnamon bun with icing.

Flavors are very juicy as well, with a big pleasant hop blast to the palate without ever becoming overbearing, the flavors linger and you don't want them to go away. As it warms it becomes notably more peachy, and the alcohol is masterfully hidden with just the right abv for the hops to play center stage in the flavor zone.

This is an excellent example of an East Coast style that has been popularized over the last couple of years, and delivers everything I love about a cloudy unfiltered IPA. Outstanding use of the Citra hop, tremendous aroma,taste and mouthfeel, Fuzzy Baby Ducks is a Grand Slam and comes highly recommended by Hendry.

4.5/5  rDev -1.5%

It's a fantastic beer. Can't give it the full 5 because there are a few beers I prefer slightly more ( THB C-9/Julius, Nebco Ten-er #11). Only had to wait ~75 minutes! Love me some citra hops.

On second taste, I had to adjust my rating down. The reason is I do not care for much malt flavor, and there's some malt action going down on my tongue that kind of distracts me from the rest of the flavorbomb.

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%

I dont review many beer but this one I had to. This is a non biased opinion even though they are my favorite brewery and easily the best in CT, if not New England. I was also the first person to receive a growler of this!(or so I was told, thought that was cool)

The look of this beer is just a glowing yellow that is mouthwatering.

The smell is pure citra. From grapefruit to lemon, grass, and lime its perfect

The taste is worth saying its the best citra IPA ive had. I run a liquor store and couldn't resist sampling this to customers out of my growler who were worthy of having this. It is so refreshing and light, but full bodied and perfect at the same time. I could drink this beer in the middle of winter, or on the hottest day of the year, which happened to be the day I got it.

Overall I wish this beer was bottled and year round, but I know they cant get the citra hops year round because of the small size of the brewery. Although this will be an awesome treat once a year.

NEBCO just does things with hops/beer i'll never understand and frankly dont care to as long as they keep doing it. I would put this beer up against any across the country anyday. a 10 out of 10 to me, love everything NEBCO does, please dont ever change.

10 out of 10...CHEERS

Given to me via fresh growler from the brewery. Not much to say other than the best ipa I've ever had and I've had most of the heavy hitters.

3.5/5  rDev -23.4%

4.56/5  rDev -0.2%

4.25/5  rDev -7%

2.72/5  rDev -40.5%

4.44/5  rDev -2.8%

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA from New England Brewing Co.