Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA - New England Brewing Co.

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPAFuzzy Baby Ducks IPA

New England Brewing Co. visit their website
Connecticut, United States

Beer added by: woosterbill on 06-21-2012

Reviews by billab914:
4.85/5  rDev +6.1%

4.5/5  rDev -1.5%

It's a fantastic beer. Can't give it the full 5 because there are a few beers I prefer slightly more ( THB C-9/Julius, Nebco Ten-er #11). Only had to wait ~75 minutes! Love me some citra hops.

On second taste, I had to adjust my rating down. The reason is I do not care for much malt flavor, and there's some malt action going down on my tongue that kind of distracts me from the rest of the flavorbomb.

4.62/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

64oz growler filled in late November. Thanks Matt. Poured into a stemmed glass 12/5/2014.

A- Cloudy, hazy, misty- you get the idea- straw yellow-orange body. Again, very cloudy. Looks like a Hill Farmstead IPA. Appropriately sized two finger white head with good retention time and plenty of lacing. Looks good. [4.5]

S- This beer has an extremely impressive nose. Intense passion fruit, grapefruit and oranges- the unmistakable aroma of Citra which seems to be overdone in brewing these days yet the Citra shines so well here. Just enough grainy pale malt sweetness to balance out the resinous nature of the hops. Ridiculously lush, fresh and juicy. [5]

F- Grapefruit, passion fruit, mango. Tastes juicy and rich. The pale malt stands out of the way the entire time, just enough to keep the hops from being overwhelming. A very nice citrusy and grassy bitterness on the backend that really cleans up the palate and sticks around for a while. This is really tasty. [4.5]

M- Medium bodied, soft, perfectly carbonated, smooth and incredibly crushable. The grassy bitterness provides a great balance without getting in the way of drinking this beer. This is very drinkable, no doubt about that. [4.5]

O- One of the best Citra IPAs I've ever had. Overall in terms of IPAs I definitely have a preference for Tree House Julius, especially since FBD has been such a pain to get. But this is definitely worth seeking out. One of these days I'll be able to do this side-by-side with fresh pseudoSue, a beer that this one reminds me of. [4.5]

Final score: 4.60

2.82/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Genuinely surprised by this one -- thin, brackish and completely unimpressive.

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%

I dont review many beer but this one I had to. This is a non biased opinion even though they are my favorite brewery and easily the best in CT, if not New England. I was also the first person to receive a growler of this!(or so I was told, thought that was cool)

The look of this beer is just a glowing yellow that is mouthwatering.

The smell is pure citra. From grapefruit to lemon, grass, and lime its perfect

The taste is worth saying its the best citra IPA ive had. I run a liquor store and couldn't resist sampling this to customers out of my growler who were worthy of having this. It is so refreshing and light, but full bodied and perfect at the same time. I could drink this beer in the middle of winter, or on the hottest day of the year, which happened to be the day I got it.

Overall I wish this beer was bottled and year round, but I know they cant get the citra hops year round because of the small size of the brewery. Although this will be an awesome treat once a year.

NEBCO just does things with hops/beer i'll never understand and frankly dont care to as long as they keep doing it. I would put this beer up against any across the country anyday. a 10 out of 10 to me, love everything NEBCO does, please dont ever change.

10 out of 10...CHEERS

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Given to me via fresh growler from the brewery. Not much to say other than the best ipa I've ever had and I've had most of the heavy hitters.

4.24/5  rDev -7.2%

4.48/5  rDev -2%

4.32/5  rDev -5.5%

1.36/5  rDev -70.2%

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA from New England Brewing Co.