Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA - New England Brewing Co.

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPAFuzzy Baby Ducks IPA

New England Brewing Co. visit their website
Connecticut, United States

(Beer added by: woosterbill on 06-21-2012)
Reviews by drinker36:
4.41/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Being an IPA addict and after having read the reviews I drove about an hour to the brewery and picked up a few growlers. Shocked and impressed that NEBco fills a 64oz growler of this stuff for $10. Bravo. And feel free to charge me $15-$18 next time.

Bullet points:

This beer has one of the best smells of any of the ipa's i've tried.

It looks awesome too - golden with lacy, white head.

Tastes good, light and refreshing... and with a mid range abv, it's close to a sessionable beer. It's a little more bitter than I would like, but balanced as other reviewers have said.

Final Judgement:

Fuzzy Baby Ducks is a great IPA. You'd be a quack not to try it if given the chance, but don't "fly" too far south or north to get some... instead buy some of their canned DIPA (Gahndi Bot) or do a trade. It's as good or better. And we can always hope they can or bottle this stuff because the label would be top 10.

4.5/5  rDev -1.5%

It's a fantastic beer. Can't give it the full 5 because there are a few beers I prefer slightly more ( THB C-9/Julius, Nebco Ten-er #11). Only had to wait ~75 minutes! Love me some citra hops.

On second taste, I had to adjust my rating down. The reason is I do not care for much malt flavor, and there's some malt action going down on my tongue that kind of distracts me from the rest of the flavorbomb.

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%

I dont review many beer but this one I had to. This is a non biased opinion even though they are my favorite brewery and easily the best in CT, if not New England. I was also the first person to receive a growler of this!(or so I was told, thought that was cool)

The look of this beer is just a glowing yellow that is mouthwatering.

The smell is pure citra. From grapefruit to lemon, grass, and lime its perfect

The taste is worth saying its the best citra IPA ive had. I run a liquor store and couldn't resist sampling this to customers out of my growler who were worthy of having this. It is so refreshing and light, but full bodied and perfect at the same time. I could drink this beer in the middle of winter, or on the hottest day of the year, which happened to be the day I got it.

Overall I wish this beer was bottled and year round, but I know they cant get the citra hops year round because of the small size of the brewery. Although this will be an awesome treat once a year.

NEBCO just does things with hops/beer i'll never understand and frankly dont care to as long as they keep doing it. I would put this beer up against any across the country anyday. a 10 out of 10 to me, love everything NEBCO does, please dont ever change.

10 out of 10...CHEERS

Given to me via fresh growler from the brewery. Not much to say other than the best ipa I've ever had and I've had most of the heavy hitters.

3.5/5  rDev -23.4%

4.56/5  rDev -0.2%

4.25/5  rDev -7%

2.72/5  rDev -40.5%

4.44/5  rDev -2.8%

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA from New England Brewing Co.