Dwa Smoki - Pracownia Piwa

No picture uploaded.

Pracownia Piwa visit their website
Poland

Belgian IPA |  5.80% ABV

(Beer added by: kojevergas on 07-25-2014)
Reviews by MattSweatshirt:
3.58/5  rDev -4.8%

Hazyish golden body with a white head that has some stick to it.

Aroma is sweet fruitiness and some coriander spice.

Sweet caramel malt which seems weird from what I was expecting. Plenty of citrus hop. Nicely balanced flavor.

Not much bitterness. Smooth medium body. Ends dry. The wit base works well.

Really easy to drink.

3.85/5  rDev +2.4%

3.38/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

"Dwa Smoki" Pracownia Piwa. 5.8% ABV. 500ml brown glass bottle acquired at Strefa Piwa bottle shop in Krakow and served into a pilsner glass. Review is truncated given the less-than-ideal reviewing environment.

They call this a hybrid of an IPA and a witbier. I added it as a Belgian IPA because that seems like the closest style to what the brewer calls their beer.

Served cold. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

No bubble show forms as it's poured.

HEAD: One finger wide head of average (~2 minute) retention. White in colour. Decent thickness and creaminess. Pretty decent complexion and consistency. No lacing clings to the sides of the glass as the head recedes.

BODY: Hazy pale copper of average vibrance. Clean; no yeast particulate or hop sediment is visible.

Appears well-carbonated. Overall, it's a decent looking brew; somewhere between a witbier and an IPA, sure, but if you didn't tell me it was a hybrid I wouldn't know.

AROMA: Coriander, flaked wheat, pale malts, floral hop character, and maybe a hint of banana. It's a very mellow, pleasant aroma of mild strength. It evokes more a witbier than an IPA. I'm curious, and looking forward to trying it.

No yeast character, overt alcohol, or off-notes come through.

TASTE: Very mellow. Flaked wheat, perfectly subtle banana, helles malts, and some floral hop character.

It tastes more like a witbier than an IPA. It's well balanced and enjoyable. I quite like it, but it is rather simple, in fairness. I'm not finding the lemon I'd expect in a witbier, nor the bitterness I'd expect in an IPA.

Average depth, duration, amplitude, and intensity.

TEXTURE: Has a very soft, refreshing feel on the palate. Smooth, wet, and not too overcarbonated. Aptly thick. Medium-bodied. This texture complements the taste pretty well overall.

Not oily, gushed, hot, boozy, astringent, or harsh.

OVERALL: Extremely drinkable and refreshing. I could easily have another. This may not be a success of a hybrid, but it's a damn solid Polish witbier with some balanced hopping. I'd have it again, preferably on-draught. Hides its ABV well. I wouldn't go out of my way to find it, but I was pleased with my purchase.

B-

4.5/5  rDev +19.7%

3.5/5  rDev -6.9%

Dwa Smoki from Pracownia Piwa
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.