Dwa Smoki - Pracownia Piwa

No picture uploaded.

Pracownia Piwa visit their website
Poland

Belgian IPA |  5.80% ABV

(Beer added by: kojevergas on 07-25-2014)
Reviews by MattSweatshirt:
3.58/5  rDev -0.6%

Hazyish golden body with a white head that has some stick to it.

Aroma is sweet fruitiness and some coriander spice.

Sweet caramel malt which seems weird from what I was expecting. Plenty of citrus hop. Nicely balanced flavor.

Not much bitterness. Smooth medium body. Ends dry. The wit base works well.

Really easy to drink.

MattSweatshirt, Aug 10, 2014
3.85/5  rDev +6.9%

Swooy, Thursday at 05:37 PM
3.38/5  rDev -6.1%

"Dwa Smoki" Pracownia Piwa. 5.8% ABV. 500ml brown glass bottle acquired at Strefa Piwa bottle shop in Krakow and served into a pilsner glass. Review is truncated given the less-than-ideal reviewing environment.

They call this a hybrid of an IPA and a witbier. I added it as a Belgian IPA because that seems like the closest style to what the brewer calls their beer.

Served cold. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

No bubble show forms as it's poured.

HEAD: One finger wide head of average (~2 minute) retention. White in colour. Decent thickness and creaminess. Pretty decent complexion and consistency. No lacing clings to the sides of the glass as the head recedes.

BODY: Hazy pale copper of average vibrance. Clean; no yeast particulate or hop sediment is visible.

Appears well-carbonated. Overall, it's a decent looking brew; somewhere between a witbier and an IPA, sure, but if you didn't tell me it was a hybrid I wouldn't know.

AROMA: Coriander, flaked wheat, pale malts, floral hop character, and maybe a hint of banana. It's a very mellow, pleasant aroma of mild strength. It evokes more a witbier than an IPA. I'm curious, and looking forward to trying it.

No yeast character, overt alcohol, or off-notes come through.

TASTE: Very mellow. Flaked wheat, perfectly subtle banana, helles malts, and some floral hop character.

It tastes more like a witbier than an IPA. It's well balanced and enjoyable. I quite like it, but it is rather simple, in fairness. I'm not finding the lemon I'd expect in a witbier, nor the bitterness I'd expect in an IPA.

Average depth, duration, amplitude, and intensity.

TEXTURE: Has a very soft, refreshing feel on the palate. Smooth, wet, and not too overcarbonated. Aptly thick. Medium-bodied. This texture complements the taste pretty well overall.

Not oily, gushed, hot, boozy, astringent, or harsh.

OVERALL: Extremely drinkable and refreshing. I could easily have another. This may not be a success of a hybrid, but it's a damn solid Polish witbier with some balanced hopping. I'd have it again, preferably on-draught. Hides its ABV well. I wouldn't go out of my way to find it, but I was pleased with my purchase.

B-

kojevergas, Jul 25, 2014
Dwa Smoki from Pracownia Piwa
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.