Warsteiner Premium Dunkel - Warsteiner Brauerei

Warsteiner Brauerei visit their website
Germany

Munich Dunkel Lager |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-26-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,298 | Reviews: 587

4.85/5  rDev +39%

I love dark beers, especially dark German beers and one dark Dutch beer. Some of my other favorites are Beck's dark, St. Pauli Girl dark and Heineken dark. However, having discovered the Premium Dunkel, Warsteiner's dark, I've been in heaven. It has that slightly bitter after taste like Guiness, but not as strong or as overpowering, yet still yielding that deep and rich flavor that only a dark beer can offer. So, unlike Guiness, one can put away several of these whereas one can only consume a couple of Guiness stouts. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

4.8/5  rDev +37.5%

Soooo tasty, smooth, and malty! One of my favorite beers of all time. It doesn't have the strongest flavor, but the flavor that is there is great. Just super smooth, easy drinking, dark malty goodness! I could chug these all day long, I can't find a single thing wrong with the taste.

It's not gonna blow you away with intense flavor, but it one sip will put a smile on your face and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm pretty sure the first thing I said the first time I took a sip of one of these was "Mmmmm... malty!" That pretty much sums up the entire experience. xD

Warstiner's pilsner has a very similar flavor, but of course lighter and more pilsner-y. I far prefer the dunkel.

4.8/5  rDev +37.5%

This is my favorite style of beer so my review may reflect that. But this is my favorite beer, period. It pours out dark like coffee into my pint glass and a thin light tan head forms. The head disappears somewhat quickly. It smells perfect. Exactly like a beer should smell. Roasted malt and minimal hops. I love beers that don't try to create all kinds of different flavors. I'm a fan of the German Purity Law of 1516. There seems to be a low amount of carbonation. Just a tiny bit flat. If I were to participate in BEERFEST this would be the beer I would want to consume. Great beer. Reinheitsgebot is best.

4.77/5  rDev +36.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great taste and smooth dark beer!

4.68/5  rDev +34.1%

What a freakin' pleasant brew. Their Premium Verum is a pleasant enough beer, but there is a harsh-hop aspect to it that prevents pure, zen-like drinkability. The extra dark maltiness present in this beer off-sets that hoppiness perfectly, resulting in a complex, round, full beer. Why intellectualize a product that defies thought? Next time you see it, buy it, drink it, and enjoy a transcendent experience.
This is not a perfect beer, but it is a perfectly drinkable beer. Complex, yet simple, it explores the world of your tongue without challenging or offending it. This is why we drink beer. Prost!

4.61/5  rDev +32.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Smooth, malty goodness that's a great anytime beer.

4.5/5  rDev +28.9%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Warsteiner Premium Dunkel from Warsteiner Brauerei