Aqula Brauhaus Kiwi Weisse - Bier Kaffee Aqula

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: shigg85 on 02-16-2012

Reviews by shigg85:
4.47/5  rDev n/a

Had this rooty poo fruity brew on tap at Vivo in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. Kiwi beer?! I was blown away! Plus, my wife's family being from Akita (and me loving that prefecture), I was instantly drawn to it. The water in Akita is famous for not only making sake but also produces some of the best rice in the world, so it naturally makes sense that beer should be amazing from there. This brew is no different. A nice white head that became a little thin but was still able to release this amazing kiwi scent. The kiwi surprisingly goes really well with beer, especially a weisse beer like this one. I suppose it makes sense with other beers such as Blue Moon or Witmer going so well with citrusy fruits. Anyway, it was a pleasure to drink and was stronger than most fruity beers at 6.5%. I would happily get this again, and when I go to Akita next month, i'm going to try to hit up the brewery for a tasting there! Try this if you can find it!

Aqula Brauhaus Kiwi Weisse from Bier Kaffee Aqula
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.