1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Destructionator Doppel Bock - Bend Brewing Company

Destructionator Doppel Bock
No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Bend Brewing Company visit their website
Oregon, United States

Doppelbock |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: charlatan on 01-07-2006)
3/5  rDev n/a

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a medium mahogany with a thin tan head that had no retention or lace.

The aroma was very subdued and featured sweet malts and a trace of hops. The taste was smooth malt and light hops, with a sweet taste and a slight sharp tang on the finish.

The body and drinkability were both typical for the style. Overall, a decent, if unspectacular, example of the style. Worth trying if you see it.

3.15/5  rDev n/a

Name is appears as three words rather than two on the brewer's website where this beer enjoys the briefest of mentions. The website gives no indicaiton of the alcohol content.

This has a pleasant peaty hue. In a smoky bar (I found it on tap at Kelly's Olympian in Portland) it was difficult to pick out much of a nose. As it warmed I noticed a slight hint of cherry.

This tasted much more of chocolate than my limited experience with doppelbocks would have led me to suspect. It was more creamy than sweet, but without the really big malt kick I expect from this style. This was pleasant at first, but after two thirds of a pint I found myself wanting to try something else. My glass was of course drained before I went in search of IPA.

Destructionator Doppel Bock from Bend Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.