Follow our progress ...

Added by NWer on 07-06-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 27 | Ratings: 92
3.5/5  rDev -4.9%

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a clean, clear honey-gold color with about a half-inch of white head that had good retention and left moderate lacing.

The aroma had a bold yeast scent that was stronger than you generally see in the style, actually the yeast scent reminded me of the type of yeast you get in a Tripel. There was the expected earthy grainy malts you find in the typical Saison. The flavors were pretty much the same. Again, this seemed to me to be a Saison made with a Tripel yeast, as it had some of the fruity aspects you'd find in that style. There was just a slight bit of funk at the back that I'm not sure was designed into the brew, but added a nice little kick nonetheless.

The body was good, as I find Saisons to typically have, but this one was slightly tangy and had a very dry finish. Overall, a nice take on the style. Certainly worth trying if you see it.

Number 1580 printed on the label if that means anything. Stumbled upon this beer totally by accident. No mention of it on the website. After I enjoyed this, went back to buy some more and they were all gone. Hope to run across this again.
Clear golden pour into Russian River stemmed glass.
Nice white foamy head.
Typical light somewhat astringent taste. Mild Belgian yeast flavors. Pleasant to the tongue. Aftertaste sweet.
And under $5 for the bomber!
What a steal. I can only hope I run into this again. I hope it isn't a limited brewing. I stand corrected if it isn't.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last