Singha - Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd

Thailand

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: UncleJimbo on 07-20-2001

"100% barley malt beer"
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,026 | Reviews: 449

1.22/5  rDev -59.7%

Yuck is my first impression of this brew. It poured a medium white head of mostly fine bubbles. The body is yellow and there was carbonation observed. There was next to no lacing on the sides of my glass. The only description that I can give for the aroma is "yucky".

1.36/5  rDev -55.1%

What can I say about this beer. I poured, smelled, sipped and poured it down the drain. The color was a medium golden with little foam. The smell was not pleasing at all, just nothing there to even seem good enough to drink. The taste was bitter and tasteless. So, I poured it down the drain. If I don't like a beer, I just get rid of it! I don't beleive in suffering, just dump it!

1.4/5  rDev -53.8%

This brew pours a medium head of fine to medium sized bubbles and a carbonated weak pee yellow body. Its aroma is very strong and replusive. It barely tastes better than it looks. Its flavor is fizzy skunky thin and slightly hopped. Definately a brew to finish and go on to the next one.

1.45/5  rDev -52.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Well I can now say I've tried "The Original Thai Beer." That and I can cross off another country in which I've tried a beer. As for the beer, it's pretty bad. Looks and tastes like cheap swill. Golden colored, not much head or lacing. Some sweet malts but mainly it's got a skunky, corn, grainy taste. Going down it's bearable but the aftertaste is terrible.

1.49/5  rDev -50.8%

Singha is one of the most unpleasant beers that I've tried within recent memory. I was expecting this to be a rather bland, lifeless, but harmless pale lager type of beer with maybe a slight alcohol kick from the 6% abv. This beer turned out to be much more akin to an American malt liquor, and a most foul one at that.

Singha pours a decent yellowish gold color with a decent foamy white head that lasts for under 30 seconds. The aroma however was one of the most putrid I could ever recall for a beer. To start off, it smells like the beer was bottled with the scent gland of a skunk. Altough arriving in a brown bottle, the smell was beyond skunk, and also included some nasty adjunct smells and alcohol smell. Call me crazy, but it smelled like it could have had B.O. in there too. Quite repulsive, and it nearly gave me a headache by just smelling it. The mouthfeel was thin and fizzy. The flavor is quite unpleasant as well. Some of the skunky flavor carries over, but the flavor contains an odd chemical taste that feels like it is burning my tongue somewhat. I'll use the figurative "battery acid" metaphor here literally. There are some light, cheap adjunct flavors underneath that to a small extent, but the alcohol flavor is also quite dominant. The finish is unpleasantly bitter. The aftertaste carries a rather astringent alcohol flavor, and it finishes off with some alcoholic warmth.

I would lump this in with Natty Ice and Elephant as amongst some of the most foul beer I've tried. From other reviews, it looks like that this could be a decent beer at times. I do not have anything good to say about this beer though.

1.5/5  rDev -50.5%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Singha from Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd