Singha - Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd

Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd visit their website
Thailand

Euro Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

"100% barley malt beer"

(Beer added by: UncleJimbo on 07-20-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Singha Alström Bros

BGsWo22, Mar 21, 2013

ChenMastaFunk, Jul 23, 2012

Thebiggestapple, Aug 08, 2013

utahviking83, Aug 15, 2014

JohnBeerRun, Feb 03, 2012

Lare453, Oct 09, 2013

Pmichaels5, Aug 23, 2014
1.2/5  rDev -60.4%

Yuck is my first impression of this brew. It poured a medium white head of mostly fine bubbles. The body is yellow and there was carbonation observed. There was next to no lacing on the sides of my glass. The only description that I can give for the aroma is "yucky".

hotstuff, Jun 16, 2003

LathouXaris, Sep 15, 2013

Whatup14, Nov 28, 2013

GiaLvo, Jun 20, 2014
1.3/5  rDev -57.1%

What can I say about this beer. I poured, smelled, sipped and poured it down the drain. The color was a medium golden with little foam. The smell was not pleasing at all, just nothing there to even seem good enough to drink. The taste was bitter and tasteless. So, I poured it down the drain. If I don't like a beer, I just get rid of it! I don't beleive in suffering, just dump it!

BeerManDan, Apr 18, 2003
1.43/5  rDev -52.8%

This brew pours a medium head of fine to medium sized bubbles and a carbonated weak pee yellow body. Its aroma is very strong and replusive. It barely tastes better than it looks. Its flavor is fizzy skunky thin and slightly hopped. Definately a brew to finish and go on to the next one.

TheDM, Jun 14, 2003
1.45/5  rDev -52.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Well I can now say I've tried "The Original Thai Beer." That and I can cross off another country in which I've tried a beer. As for the beer, it's pretty bad. Looks and tastes like cheap swill. Golden colored, not much head or lacing. Some sweet malts but mainly it's got a skunky, corn, grainy taste. Going down it's bearable but the aftertaste is terrible.

changeup45, Aug 24, 2008
1.5/5  rDev -50.5%

330mL brown bottle best before 270106. Low density head with sticky lacing, dissipates slightly faster than normal. Appropriate lager colour, low to moderate carbonation.

Fairly harsh adjunct smell, some hops which may be turning a bit, grass and Asian macro beer aroma. On the crap side of innocuous.

Not the best taste, but quite good for a macro at 5.9%. Actually, that isn't saying much. Kind of harsh and burny on the tongue, tastes like it would get gross fast, though really cold it would be OK on a hot Thai evening. The more I drink, the more I lower my score for flavour. Rough and unpleasant mouthfeel, and abysmal drinkability: I would not want to be drinking this all night. Overall, quite a bad beer.

Weizenmensch, Aug 02, 2005
1.5/5  rDev -50.5%

12 oz bottle. Poured a golden yellow, with a fair head that quickly receded. Immediatly after pouring came the aroma of skunkiness. Even in a brown bottle. Very little carbonation, it seems like it all disappeared in the head. Taste is flat and bland, with just a trace of hops bite. Skunkiness is still there. Reminds me of alot of macros just flatter.

Indybeer, Jun 22, 2003

Luiz0930, May 31, 2013

Robloc303, Sep 14, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -50.5%

Singha is one of the most unpleasant beers that I've tried within recent memory. I was expecting this to be a rather bland, lifeless, but harmless pale lager type of beer with maybe a slight alcohol kick from the 6% abv. This beer turned out to be much more akin to an American malt liquor, and a most foul one at that.

Singha pours a decent yellowish gold color with a decent foamy white head that lasts for under 30 seconds. The aroma however was one of the most putrid I could ever recall for a beer. To start off, it smells like the beer was bottled with the scent gland of a skunk. Altough arriving in a brown bottle, the smell was beyond skunk, and also included some nasty adjunct smells and alcohol smell. Call me crazy, but it smelled like it could have had B.O. in there too. Quite repulsive, and it nearly gave me a headache by just smelling it. The mouthfeel was thin and fizzy. The flavor is quite unpleasant as well. Some of the skunky flavor carries over, but the flavor contains an odd chemical taste that feels like it is burning my tongue somewhat. I'll use the figurative "battery acid" metaphor here literally. There are some light, cheap adjunct flavors underneath that to a small extent, but the alcohol flavor is also quite dominant. The finish is unpleasantly bitter. The aftertaste carries a rather astringent alcohol flavor, and it finishes off with some alcoholic warmth.

I would lump this in with Natty Ice and Elephant as amongst some of the most foul beer I've tried. From other reviews, it looks like that this could be a decent beer at times. I do not have anything good to say about this beer though.

Beastdog75, Nov 24, 2003